Aug 15, 2017

Aug 15, 2017

A Chapter by Bardy

Today a woman peered down a isle only to see me occupying it. She called out seeing if I would assist her. There was no store associate to be found. I come to find out she needed help finding a star bit (Aka T-bit) in order to replace the air filter in her car. I commend her and anyone else for doing such a task instead of taking it to the dealership. Have to learn one way or another. I could see she was very much out of her comfort zone. No worries.

I brought her over where the T/star bits were. This way she at least knew what they looked like since they weren't sold at that store individually. She also didn't know what size either.

I quickly jumped on my phone to search the online car forums for her vehicle. In doing so, I found out she also has a cabin air filter just as I did in my last car when I had it. In the last 3yrs this woman owned her car, she never knew this. I asked her about some symptoms. Sure enough she had them but never knew what it was from.

I reassured her that it's ok not knowing everything. The fact she's making a valued effort to learn is what matters. I also reassured her that even those with more experience still have issues such as myself when things don't go as planned. Like with my oil change late this past June. It's when she let it be known that she deeply wished she was one of those females who were able to crack open the hood and just fix things. As well as change her own oil.

I will never forget her. I am thankful she crossed my path so I could help her. I did not denounce her because of her gender. I did not do it for her being a different race either. She needed help and felt confident enough to ask me. My only regret? I couldn't do more to see her vision come true. Perhaps I was able to give her enough confidence to pursue it.

What happened this past weekend was a horrible reminder we have a long way to go as a country.
However, 500 miles away and just like many places in America, hope still thrives. It's everyday things like this we do with everyday people that makes all the difference.


© 2017 Bardy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on September 13, 2017
Last Updated on September 13, 2017


Author

Bardy
Bardy

About
You will find all my posts are either random thoughts I've had, things I've had said to people in conversation, memories of the past or questions that I wonder about. more..

Writing
Extension of Me Extension of Me

A Chapter by Bardy


I Can't Help Myself I Can't Help Myself

A Chapter by Bardy