Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 2 ~ Propistion.

Chapter 2 ~ Propistion.

A Chapter by 0_o Abbie

 Jeric walked beside me, I felt his eyes on me. "Maiden Jameel, if I may ask, how many years do you have?'
    This was the 4th time he'd tried to start a conversation, it seemed he couldn't keep his mouth shut for more than five minutes, a factor I had not stopped to consider when I decided he could come. I gave him an icy stare. I remembered this tactic did not work on him and was disappointed. Again. I was tempted to put my fist forcefully in his face for this inconvenience. I was considering it when he spoke again. "Maiden Jameel, is there a factor unknown to me that prevents you from having a conversation?"

    I grinned slightly, I had irritated him. Wonderful. Finally, I had gotten to him. I looked at him, "I simply prefer silence. Besides speech is distracting. I need to keep my senses alert in case you double cross me."

    "Are you expecting such trouble?" He was the most impossible man I'd ever met.

    I didn't look at him. I studied the path before us, the fall leaves that had fallen dead on the ground. I loved autumn. I loved its morbid beauty. "You never know until it's over." Another thing my father taught me, it's never sure until it's done. I missed him, but I let no weakness show. Anger was the only emotion I let out. I pushed him out of my mind.

    "Why are you so suspicious of me?" He asked, jumping ahead and in front of me, he began walking backwards.

    I almost rolled my eyes. almost. "Wouldn't you be suspicious? What do you really want? What in the end is your gain from all this?"

    "A gentleman needs no gain. I merely wanted to ensure no harm came to you." He smiled. I was growing to hate that smile and the emotion it displayed. "And of course wanted to make sure you left the country." His steps were slightly awkward because he was walking backwards, but his coordination was evident.

    I smiled as I imagined his nose crunching under my fist. This was the second time I'd entertained this thought, he should be more careful. "Let's put aside the fact that no one could hurt me with or without you and simply focus on the 'a gentleman needs no gain' statement. Everyone has an agenda, including you. Even if it's just to sweep me off my feet with your chivalry, you have an agenda. So what is it?" I kept my arms down swinging by my side but showed my interest by cocking my head slightly.

    "But maiden, you know my agenda."

    I almost sighed, this man would drive me to my wit's end. I simply raised an eyebrow in question.

    "I told you I have a propistion for you." He said still walking backwards. He crossed his arms over his chest almost as a taunt. I wished he would trip.

    But I was slightly surprised by his answer. "I was under the impression your propistion was you're accompanying me."

    He shook his head, "That was how I was going to have this private discussion." His eyes were twinkling as if he had just begun a game he loved well.

    "Well then soldier Jeric, what is your propistion?" I was curious I had to admit.

    "Teach me to fight..."

    I stopped. "No." I interrupted him. Why should I? Why make for myself an enemy? He stopped as well, he took steps toward me, I pulled out my dagger, my senses were alert. I watched him closely, he wasn't disappointed, he must have something on me. I felt myself tense.

    "Calm down. You didn't let me finish. This is a propistion not a favor. I know where your father is, and I can take you to him."

    My nostrils flared, my breathing escalated, all the walls I had built, all the precautions I'd taken, it all fell down around me. He knew my father. He knew my past. He knew what I had been trying to hide for so long. I kept eye contact my features hardened. I played the only card I had left. Lies. "I don't want him back."

    "Don't lie." His face was stern, no playfulness hinted in his face.

    Impossible, he'd called my bluff. "I'm not." Another lie. I looked at him, who was this man?

    "We intercepted a letter meant for him several weeks ago. A letter you sent. That letter contradicts your statement. I'm done playing. It's either yes or no."

    I was surprised at the harshness in his voice. How had he gotten that letter? I'd sent it threw a secure contact, there's no way she would've given me up. How then? I looked at him, mirroring his harshness. "How did you get that letter?"

    "That's not relevant." He said keeping eye contact.

    Now we were playing chicken, who would yield first. It was a battle of wills. He wanted something from me, and I wanted something from him. Neither of us was willing to bend. Neither of us willing to give what the other wanted and yet needed something from them, who would compromise first. "If it isn't, I will not teach you." I swore it would not be me.

    He looked me over, "I'm not one to be trifled with, child, give me your answer."

    Did he just call me a child? I forced myself to relax, my shoulder's relished, I put my dagger into its holster and I smiled. I glanced around easily and noticed a tree behind me, I leaned on it. I crossed my arms over my chest feigning carelessness. "Child?"

    "Your answer." He wasn't willing to play now, which was slightly ironic.

    I shook my head and stood, walking on, as I passed him I made sure my shoulder bumped his. He grabbed my arm and I flipped around, finally fulfilling my desire for my fist to meet his nose. He staggered back and his hands went up to his nose, feeling for blood. I stepped forward quickly and I sucker punched him in the stomach. He doubled over and I rammed my knee into his face. "Don't grab me. And don't ever call me a child." He was on his knees now, and I grinned. It felt good to be in control.

    He mumbled something I didn't care to understand. I turned to walk away, my time here, and with him had come to an end. My father would be shaking his head if he could see me. He would've known this man was trouble. I shook my head, I'd get my father without his help. Then I'd come back to Kale and finish what I started and separate that king's head from his body, avenge my ma-tem and finally be at peace. All I needed was a little time. six or seven weeks for my father and a couple days for the king.

    "Your father's on death row." Jeric mumbled, barely intelligible. He was bend over wiping the blood from his nose.

    I stopped, I recalled the laws in Kale. When on death row the said person had four weeks to live before they were executed. Kale had an odd practice of drowning their prisoner. The four week period was so the executioner had time to travel to the Water Goddess, Awika's temple in Tash-me-del and ask for forgiveness of his future sin.

    I digested this piece of information. I thought, moving threw his statement. Testing the logic. Could he be lying? Maybe but from what I had seen of him that was not his style. I was silent. How long ago was he put on death row? I thought, saw no harm in asking and said, "How long ago?" I was careful to keep all emotion out of my voice. No weakness.

    "He was put on death row today. I found out before I left." He'd regained himself and spoke clearly. I turned looking Jeric over, he was standing arms over his chest, defiant.

    I couldn't find him in four weeks. Kale was known for their secrecy. Each execution location different from the last and was kept an extremely well guarded secret. I needed at least six to find out where he was, and at least one to get there. I needed his information. I studied his features, his eyes that had earlier spoke of kindness where now hard icy slits, his nose was bleeding the blood running down his strong jaw and I knew there'd be a bruise soon, but other than that he betrayed nothing. "I will teach you, on the condition that after you tell me where my father is I never see you again." I wanted nothing more to do with this man. He'd beat me at my own game all too well.


    He nodded, "Deal."



© 2011 0_o Abbie


Author's Note

0_o Abbie
Tell me what you think. Ignore the word "ma-tem" I did that on purpose you'll get it in a few chapters. :D Ignore the line on the side and the different color text. idk what happened. :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the conversation between Jeric and Jameel! Awesome chapter!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like it! The one grammar thing I saw was that there is some punctuation things missing, and I noticed you used the word Threw instead of Through at least twice.
Keep going!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow that was really good. You should definetly contnue it. Totally awesome. I want to find out more!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think its pretty good. I like how its set in an older time kind of makes it seem more real in a way. Great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
4 Reviews
Added on March 8, 2011
Last Updated on April 9, 2011


Author

0_o Abbie
0_o Abbie

TX



About
**Notice. Hi there. If you wanna be my friend then message me, talk to me, don't just send my a request. :D Thanks!** I'm just a teenage girl with tons of stories in my head with a little trouble g.. more..

Writing
Fluffy Fluffy

A Poem by 0_o Abbie