Chapter 3 ~ Lesson One

Chapter 3 ~ Lesson One

A Chapter by 0_o Abbie
"

Jeric gets his butt handed to him by a... 'small person'. :D

"
I sat with my knees pulled up close to my chest, staring into the fire. Jeric sat on the opposite side of the fire. He'd been keeping his distance ever since the confrontation earlier that day. I thought about his proposition. Fighting? What for? He obviously had skill with the sword that hung at his side and the cross bow that was ever present, so why hand to hand? And why me? This man was odd, and I was sure there was something he was hiding. I looked up, studying his face, trying to peel the layers and hear the thoughts and feelings that lay within. I stood, bored and suspicious. If I stayed this way much longer I might poison him just for fun of it. "Get up. Your first lesson is now."

He looked at me. "Now? It's dark, and we're both exhausted."

I raised an eyebrow. "I am the teacher, you are the student. Our first lesson is now."

He seemed to recoil slightly with the mention of him being the student. I thought about this as he stood. This man wasn't used to being told what to do. And yet he was a simple foot soldier. There was definitely more to him. "Alright." He moaned standing.

I stepped around the fire, leaving nothing between me and him. "Attack me." He looked me over. He hesitated. Then he ran at me. He ran like someone had pushed him and he was trying to regain his balance, not graceful in the slightest. I sidestepped him. "Well that was pathetic. I said attack me not run at me."

"That is attacking, besides I feel odd attacking a..." He stopped himself. "small person."

I grinned. He'd never make the mistake of calling me a child again. I stepped toward him. We were only a breath apart. "Attack me."

He looked down at me, cringed and pushed me. I stepped back absorbing the shove. This was just pathetic. "Jeric, attack me. Not push me. Are you a man or a school boy?" I asked. I made sure my voice was provoking.

"I can't attack a girl."

"Idiot, you asked me to teach you. How are you going to learn if you continue to whine? I don't teach morons." I said exasperated, this man was impossible.

He closed his eyes. I saw his breathing quicken, his body tense, his fist clench. He was making himself angry. Idiot. Then he came at me, pulling back his fist. I waited. He was threw the fist, I quickly sidestepped it and sucker punched him. Then stepped toward him as he doubled over. I grabbed his shirt and pulled him close to me, then wrapped my leg around his and pulled the leg out from under him. Then with a simple push he was on the ground. Staring up at me. I smiled.

"Never fight out of anger. It makes you hasty, too ready for the other person's pain. You become careless, you don't pay attention." I said looking down at him.

"How do you know I was angry?"

"You just confirmed it." I grinned. "Get up. Go again."

He grunted and stood. "You attack me this time."

I raised both eyebrows, "Do you want your nose broken?"

He smiled. "Very funny."

I shrugged and walked close to him. Slowly. I stood right in front of him, only a breath apart. I found this slightly uncomfortable, seeing I only came up to his chin. I had to tilt my head to make eye contact. I pulled my dagger from it's sheath and touched it to his stomach. "You're dead."

He stepped back and scoffed. "That didn't count!"

I raised an eyebrow. "Never let your opponent get close to you. You can't see his movements. You wouldn't have even known I had a knife until it was into your stomach. Now earlier when you tried to punch me you held your fist wrong."

He stared dumbfounded at me. "I held my fist wrong!? How in the name of Nam-tam do you hold your fist wrong?"

"Don't swear in the name of the Gods." I told him seriously. Nam-tam was the God of the Sun and the most powerful of all the Gods.

He stared. "You are the oddest girl I've ever met."

I ignored this comment. "Hold your fist like you're gonna hit me."

He clenched his fist lightly and pulled his arm back. His fist level with his eyes.

I stepped toward him and pushed his arm down, "You're punching me not shooting an arrow." His arm was now at his waist. "Keep your arms tucked in. Don't let them flail as you tend to do."

"I don't flail." He protested.

I rolled my eyes. "You flail."

He mumbled something and I stepped back. "Now try to punch me."

He pulled his arm back at his waist and thrust it out.

I sighed. His fist was the same angle to his wrist as it had been at his side. "Stick your arm back out." He did so and I adjusted his fist. "When your knuckles make impact they should be parallel to the ground. Understand?". He nodded and tried again. A little awkward. "Again." This time it was smoother, but I could see he had the rythm down I nodded. "You need to practice. Come at me again. No pushing or flailing."

He rolled his eyes and stepped forward, tucking his arm in he threw the punch. I let him get through the motion but caught his fist. I grabbed his shirt pulling him close and wrapped my leg around his, using the same movements as earlier I put him on the ground.

He glared at me, "Quit that."

I glared back. "Quit what?"

"The thing you do. When you trip me."

I stared, "What thing?" I asked knowing exactly what he was talking about.

He rolled his eyes and looked at the fire. "Never mind. I'm done."

"Fine schoolboy."


© 2011 0_o Abbie


Author's Note

0_o Abbie
Okay tell me if you think Jeric is too whiny. :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think it fits his character perfectly, not ready to fight yet, he's weak at the start but just learning. Nailed it! Awesome! If he'd be prepared right away it could lose interest, but his character is perfect. good chapter! Keep me very interested

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Added on March 17, 2011
Last Updated on March 17, 2011


Author

0_o Abbie
0_o Abbie

TX



About
**Notice. Hi there. If you wanna be my friend then message me, talk to me, don't just send my a request. :D Thanks!** I'm just a teenage girl with tons of stories in my head with a little trouble g.. more..

Writing
Fluffy Fluffy

A Poem by 0_o Abbie