Paradise

Paradise

A Chapter by Jessie

Paradise

 

“So you’ll take the surgery?  Fantastic.”  He bares his teeth again, and this time you’re quite certain that they are indeed fangs.

He wastes no time in putting the needle into your skin, and a mask over your mouth.  Adrenaline pumps in your system, but the drugs flowing freely in your bloodstream do not allow movement.  Fear grips you, your stomach is in knots and your heart is racing faster than you’d have thought humanly possible.

Then… It all stops.  The world goes black as you close your eyes and drift off to sleep.  The last thing you see is the Doctor’s pearly white fangs.

 

“Patient 273 is awake, sir.”  You hear a female voice say.  You open your eyes to another blinding light and blink hard.  Somehow, the light is comforting, even though your eyes burn.  You feel light and airy, almost like a weight has been removed from you.  The doctor appears, and he looks so much different in the blinding light.  His teeth don’t look like fangs at all!  Perhaps they never did… You notice a faint gold outline around him, almost as if he’s glowing.  He helps you sit up, and you notice that everything is shimmering.  You don’t question it.  When the cabinet in the corner begins to shake back and forth, you don’t question that either.

“How do you feel?”  The doctor asks.

“Lighter…” You say, smiling.

“Very good.  I have another one, what’s two times two?”

“Does it matter?”  You ask, feeling like he’s just asked you something far too complex.

“What year is it?”

“I… I don’t know!”  You feel frantic, and tears well up in your eyes, but the doctor consoles you.
”There, there,” he says, patting your arm.  “Don’t cry.  It’s all right!  You see, I’ve taken out most of your brain, leaving only the truly necessary parts, and replaced what you don’t need with this new ‘faux tissue.’”  You feel like you should be disgusted at his words, but you’re not.  You don’t all the way understand them.

“Is that a good thing?”  You ask, as the entire room begins to sway back and forth.

“Yes.”  The doctor pushes you back down into a sleeping position.  “You will never have to think again.”

 

End.



© 2013 Jessie


Author's Note

Jessie
Please review, and feel free to read through for a different end! There will be tons more endings... This is just the beginning.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Added on December 26, 2013
Last Updated on December 26, 2013
Tags: choose, your, own, choices, interactive, colors, pages, adventure, action, danger, paradise


Author

Jessie
Jessie

MI



About
Oh, hello there. Welcome to my little corner of the internet... Enjoy :) Feel free to review, I can't get better if I don't know that to fix n_n more..

Writing
Hopeless Hopeless

A Poem by Jessie


Random Prologue Random Prologue

A Story by Jessie


Nine Nine

A Poem by Jessie