Rescue Recon

Rescue Recon

A Chapter by Jessie

 Rescue Recon

 

You creep down into the tree line where you’re less likely to be seen and form a plan.  The doctor, judging by his figure, was not starving, and judging from the condition of his lab, he was not short of money.  You remember the shining tools, each looking brand new.  Those tools were probably not built on this island, and the probability of food growing in such a dense forest was minimal.  You figure that there must be a shipment coming in for the lab’s upkeep.  You glance around, and see a wide path, large enough for a truck of some sort to come up.  It leads directly to the island’s only dock.  You decide to creep down into the forest and camp nearby the dock, where you know a shipment will have to arrive at some point in time.  You disguise yourself in a clump of weeds, a firm grip on the surgical blade, and wait.

You open your eyes to the night sky.  Furious, you realize that you’d fallen asleep on the job.  Lucky for you, you’d disguised yourself well.  This mission would depend on your ability to hide from the doctor, and animals on the island.  You sit up, throat dry and stomach grumbling.  Your back is stiff, and muscles sore.  The pounding in your head had returned.  You lean against a nearby tree and look around.  The shore is very close, but you aren’t sure if it’s fresh water.  There’s only one way to find out.  Wary of your surroundings, you tiptoe deeper into the forest, but closer to the water.  When you reach it, you find that it’s fresh water.  You toss down your knife, elated.  Once your thirst is quenched, you return to the beach and find your blade.  It’s fortunate that you did, because just as you pick it up, you spot a dark, human-looking figure walking in your direction.  You dive down into the nearest clump of weeds and hold your breath, waiting.  The man comes closer and closer until his shoes are within inches of you.  You watch them, gleaming in the dark.  He’s looking through the trees, as if he expects to see you there.  After a painful minute, he shakes his head and returns in the direction from which he came.

How had he known where to find you?

Suddenly, you realize that the blade was given to you by the doctor.  He could have easily placed a tracking device in it so that he would know your whereabouts!  But it’s the only weapon you have!  You know next to nothing about tracking devices, so you wouldn’t know how to check for one.  As you lay there in the dark, you can think of only two options.

If you choose to keep the knife, follow the section in Red.

If you choose to ditch it, move on to the next section in Black.



© 2013 Jessie


Author's Note

Jessie
What do you think? :3 Will you keep the blade? Decisions, decisions! Please review n_n Hope you enjoyed!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It keeps getting more and more interesting. Is it a bad idea to try and keep up with all of the storylines at once?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jessie

10 Years Ago

Wow if you can do that, go for it!! Thanks for reading :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
1 Review
Added on December 29, 2013
Last Updated on December 29, 2013
Tags: choose, your, own, choices, interactive, colors, pages, adventure, action, danger, rescue, recon


Author

Jessie
Jessie

MI



About
Oh, hello there. Welcome to my little corner of the internet... Enjoy :) Feel free to review, I can't get better if I don't know that to fix n_n more..

Writing
Hopeless Hopeless

A Poem by Jessie


Random Prologue Random Prologue

A Story by Jessie


Nine Nine

A Poem by Jessie