Chapter 4 – Vacation away from hell.

Chapter 4 – Vacation away from hell.

A Chapter by Bradley Davies
"

Hopefully on day one David will gain some knowledge to what happened to the innocent Bonnie but will he learn more than he wants too, read now to find out now...

"

Chapter 4 " Vacation away from hell.

 

Despite Bonnie has only been out of my life for a couple of hours, it seems that simply knowing that she is gone is enough to make me feel very lonely…

“Hey, you whana hang around for a bit? I have nothing else to do.” I lie, I know it is bad of me to dismiss my quest for Bonnie for a while, but if I am to find her I have to get to know this only possible witness.

“Yeah sure, you know this area? You seemed pretty lost when you were talking to yourself a few hours ago.” He chuckles to lighten up the atmosphere.

“It is funny you should think I am the one who is lost actually.”

“Why?” he asks cocking an eye brow at me.

“Doesn’t matter” I lie again, the lost Bonnie is all that matters right now, but I do not want to talk about that encase the heavens open up in my eyes. Again.

 

We have been walking around for about twenty minutes now, Stuart has told me a lot about himself, considering he has only met me and I must seem weird from his point of view he trusts me a lot. Turns out he has not got any friends; he was bullied out of where he used to live so moved to this city where he never really managed to fit in so just kept to himself. Can’t see why any one would bully Stuart since he seems like a cool guy but then again nobody has a reason to get bullied unless they bring it on themselves I guess. Stuart also tells me that he is twelve and his thirteenth birthday is coming up in two months, he seems so excited about it bless the little kid, I do feel sorry for him and hopefully he will find some friends who are his age. We enter a dense forest, I have been here a few times and it is very small so it is hard to get lost and because of that I used to go in the forest a lot but just never been in there for a while.

“Hey let’s play tag, I feel like running!” He suddenly blurts out.

“Yeah sure, I don’t mind stretching my legs, how about we only stay within this forest, aye?”

“Alright, then.” He tags me and then blasts of through the forest, looks like we got a fast one I think to myself, and give chase.

 

We have been playing for about twenty minutes now when I finally tag him for the hundredth time and I sprint away. After I sprint for about ten metres I finally notice, considering all I have been through I am not tired yet.  Then I suddenly get a strange feeling in my legs as if they are yelling at me to let them do their full potential. I agree with my legs and push them like I have never pushed before and I reach an incredible speed that it slightly scares me. I must be going easily thirty miles an hour, I can tell because every thing is as blurred as when you look outside your window of a car on a main road. I look behind me at the trailing speck that is Stuart, and that speck suddenly stops running and I face where I am going again and crash into something hard.

“David, David!!! It is twelve O’clock in the morning would you please get up, you dad is making you breakfast so be downstairs and grateful in the next 5 minutes.” I know that voice from any where.

“Alright mum, sorry for being so lazy.” Not really my fault for sleeping in but just figured it is good to be polite, so I hop out of bad and put my dressing gown on over my blue pyjamas. Once down the stairs I slide into my sit and tuck myself and my chair into the table, dad already has my breakfast ready in my place. I intend to say thank you but am interrupted by my mother…

“We really should get rid of those old pyjamas David, you have had the same ones for years I brought you a new pair but you only rarely wear them!” She exclaims with a sigh at the end. IN my defence and in between mouthfuls of delicious breakfast I reply;

“But these ones fit me so well, I have formed some sort of bond with the threads and in all honesty I thought the dressing gown would hide it.”

Next thing I know, I am dressed and raring for the day ahead as if any day could be my last. I am sitting at my computer about to write a paragraph in my cyber diary when I feel a really strong stinting pain all up my arm and when I look down at my arm, it is perfectly fine. Strange. Seeing that as a sig that I should not write anything at the moment, so to keep myself busy I join mum outside in the garden. First thing see is my brother and a car coming at him fast and when it is bout to strike every thing flashes white and all I can hear are loud air raid like sirens.

 

“David, please wake up David. David?” I gain my sight again and see Stuart looking down at me, but he keep glancing from my face and then to something above my head and out of my sight.

“David thank go you are fine, I was starting to think you would never wake up, I know you have just been knocked out but we have to leave now. Those sirens are a warning that the curfew has started, we need to head back home and stay in doors and wait for the busses.” I am so confused and my head is pounding and again I feel a sharp pain in my arm, this time when I look down I see blood. I sit up and swivel round to see what Stuart was looking at. Horrified. I start shaking at what I end up looking at, nothing could have prepared me for this, how did I not notice it before I collided with it, it must have been the thing I collided with. On a thick branch there is a piece of rope tied to it and on the other end of that rope, a body.

 I Kick out with my legs and pull on the ground with arms to get as far away as possible, then I look to Stuart and he seems used to the sight.

“What the hell man, this is not something you could have seen every day!” I am panting heavily where he once again looks from me to the body and then to me again.

“Since you have been gone, some strange events have been taking place, all over the news all over reality in every city in every country all over the globe, there has just been strange things happening, people started to hang themselves as a reaction. Stuart takes in a gasp of air as if to explain but unfortunately the sirens get even louder and gradually keep getting louder until they reach a frightening volume. Stuart in reaction to the change in volume just sprints of out of sight, and as he advised, I make my way back home to my distraught mother.

 

When I come with sight of my house I can other residents being guided into busses by armed soldiers, as fear settles in I run to my house to find my mother on the door step who welcomes me back with a hug. After she releases me she shuffles me into the house and as I move my eyes are glued on the armed men. I head straight to the bathroom and wash my arm under the hot tap to wash the blood of off my arm and seeing that hanging man again and imagining more. I carry on washing the blood of my arm which had dried up when the images of people hanging gets to me and I pounce on the toilet, lift up the seat and puke in it. As soon as that is over I get a strange feeling from within my arm like a late reaction to the water. Before I can imagine what it is I get a huge electric shock up my arm causing it to tense so hard I almost break it. After five minute of waiting for the feeling to die down, I go to flush the toilet and only as I flush it I notice the water if red. Blood red! As I run downstairs to greet my mother again I here a rumble outside of another buys pulling up, assumingly for the residents of our house and the houses around us.

The door is bashed down and armed soldiers come barging in shouting orders that only they understand, we are forced outside at gun point. At first I think we have done something wrong, but as soon as they see that we are not disobeying, they point there weapons at the ground. As me and my mum get close to the door we here gun fire from the house 2 doors down and a woman outside the house screaming a man’s name, he must have been shot for disobeying. As soon as I turn my head back to the bus entrance I here a man’s shouts, a man in his thirties collapses through the door onto the street like he has been pushed, following him is a soldier.

“Get in the f*****g bus you ungrateful prick.” I only then recognise him as my old gym teacher Mr Teylon. I run toward him to help him up when suddenly I hear gun shot from behind me and then a bullet whizzing past above my head.

“The next one wont miss now get in the bus, NOW! And no more bloody drama I get enough from the wife.” The soldiers laugh but the residents are frozen with fear, they realise it now, these guys will shoot at kids.

 

Everyone including me and my mum and two of the eight soldiers are sat n the bus, one being the driver and the other keeping an eye on us. We have been here for twenty minutes now, something must be wrong and it is not just me who sense it, by the look on every one’s faces they all have a bad feeling. Only now does my arm start to bother me with burning this time, not too hot though so I can deal with it but an electric shock here and people will begin to go crazy. After a long discussion with some one over a walkie talkie, the soldier rises commandingly and every one suddenly switches all of their attendance on him.

“Who here goes by the name of David Crimp?” Suddenly I freeze, well apart from my arm which seems even hotter now compared to every other part of my body which is frozen. The soldier is about to repeat the question and I have a feeling that he might be pissed off so I do not want to keep him waiting any longer and so I stand.

Th-that would b-be me!” The fear has its evil way with my voice but no one seems to notice, or care. The soldier swivels 180 degrees and curses, then turns back to me looking me in the eye with more sympathy than I would have expected from any of these men.

“Should have stayed down kid, lied your way out, brave though I can give you that. Right every one of the bus and line up with your backs to the bus, NOW!” Every one gets up and shuffles confusingly to the end of the bus and steps off one by one and stands with there back to the bus, kids in arms and standing straight against the bus. I and my mum are among the people who stand against the bus; my mum has been quiet so I look toward her about to say something. But before any words could leave my mouth she notices me and puts a finger to her lips as an indication to keep quiet, she is just as scared as everyone else is, even as scared as I am.

After a brief chat between the soldier and driver, the driver strides towards us towards me. Without any warning he takes me from my mother’s arms, before she can move to get me back the driver points a pistol at her and after a seconds hesitation she stands still sobbing quietly. I kick out trying to loosen his grip but it only tightens, it becomes clear I am no match for this guy and so I give up and stay calm. I would consider trying to hit the driver but he has his left arm wrapped round both of my arms constricting them of any movement. Then there is the fact he has a gun in the other hand.

Every thing is engulfed in an eerie silence that even death would be jealous off, but then without warning or even the slightest bit of expectance, something dreadful happens. The soldier lifts his rifle and shoots toward the residents who are all standing nice and still in a line they drop as if each bullet propelled is a queue for the floor beneath their feet to drop. I know I shouldn’t but I just stare helplessly at my mother who lies still on the floor after the 3 seconds of gunfire, then she moves. My sudden movement takes the driver by surprise and he does not get the chance to hold me back in time and I am at my mother’s side in seconds.

“MUM! Please don’t go I am sorry I never spoke to you when I got back, I need you. Please” She does nothing but looks up at me and smiles.

“Find your f-f-f” She stutters a the pain of being shot several times takes place and I feel tears streaming down my face, I close my eyes in disbelief of her death and before I open them she mutters fast.

“Find your father for answers” Then her head tilts to the side and her eyes close for the last time. Anger replaces my pain and sorrow. I look at the soldier who is now pointing his gun at me with a neutral look. But before I get to him another gun shot fires and a stream of blood spurts out from the side of his head like a sideways fire work celebration of my vengeance, but I am still vengeful.

“Just because he did my dirty work does not mean I would have let him shoot you, after all he has to do as the general says and well that was about to go down pretty badly.” I turn to him and see a gun in his hand; he must have shot the other solider who was the driver.



© 2014 Bradley Davies


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on July 28, 2013
Last Updated on July 26, 2014


Author

Bradley Davies
Bradley Davies

Gloucester, United Kingdom



About
Hey my names is Bradley, I am 18 while writing this (I am now 20 (23.09.2015) turning 21 on the 28th of September :D), I have loved to write but never been very good at it. I have always been able to .. more..

Writing