Page 3

Page 3

A Chapter by Buried Planet
"

prologue

"

"That is Father," I said to his amazement ...

A long pause took over his person.

Many of his past fears but also promises came to haunt him, and without a moment's notice, his head became occupied with all sorts of questions and possibilities. There were so many 'If's' and 'Buts' and 'What's' swirling in his mind �" and in the end all I heard him think to himself was: "This is likely to bring me quite the unwanted trouble, but if there is any chance of truth to it, at all; of a real connection between this little one and that ol' fool... What choice do I have?"

"Who are you girl?" his eyes swelled up as he confronted me again, "and how did you get your hands on all this?"

"As I said, all of it was wrought by my hand."

'You wrote..." His eyes travelled between note and drawing alike "all this? What made you do such a thing?" He asked with his eyes now trembling with restlessness.

"And then you will read it?"

"Oh, I most definitely will. The spark of curiosity has already been lit inside me." He then reassured me further, "My interest has already peaked way past the point of arousal, don't you worry." And after he weighed all of it with both hands; "But I will have to do so back at my place. You understand that this is quite a lot to go through?"

"Quite," I replied after I added a few extra notes I had on my person.

"Besides, I don't have my reading glasses on me." He added somewhat flippantly "I mean why would I bring them; you know? It's not like I get to meet little girls carrying tomes for me regularly."

I nodded in concordance, and then he suggested we should make haste. Insisting, as we made our way to that beast, that I should tell him, or rather prepare him, for what could be in store inside that notebook.

Asking me in all sorts of ways, but repeatedly nonetheless, who I was or what reason could I have to write such things. And after he untied the now even less threatening beast of burden, he helped me find my place on top of its generous back.

He then went around it, patting its massive head as he passed quite comfortably in front of it; and then he too took his place to my left.

Now, with the both of us sitting side by side and ready to go, he smiled at me through the corner of his mouth before shouting for our advance. But the one he called 'Gorliochi' merely let out a howl of sorts... "Quit your blubbering." He then began to pull those reins on the big beast's neck repeatedly until finally, the beast began to move... "There we go. By the way, you pay no heed to these misbehaviours, alright? Ol' Gorli here likes to act a bit lazy these days."

"I have never seen such a creature."

"Yeah," He let out a sad and drawn-out confirmation, "There are not many like him around anymore. Frankly, I would be surprised if we ever encounter another one of his kind." He looked at me and then threw half a smile through the right corner of his mouth; "Now, why don't you start by telling me what made you write such a thing? And more importantly: what is your real connection to that old fool? You know, he and I; we have been friends for the longest time girl, and I even spoke to him just recently." He threw a quick look my way, obviously trying to fish for any kind of reaction; "And he has never mentioned a single word about any plans for an adoption."

"I am not that used to talking..." I warned, "what I mean is: I have not done it with that many people yet so, I might �" how you say �" run off at the mouth."

"Oh? Well then," he explained through another crooked smile; one that revealed how few teeth he still had left, and also how big his gums were, "You can be at ease since I am not that used to listening myself. "Besides," he continued, "We still have ways to go, and nothing to do for the whole way but talk to each other. You just go on for as much as you like without a worry. I am sure no word will feel unwarranted."

"Alright," I replied nervously, but also thankfully. "I guess it would be better if I just went back to the beginning; to the very first time I opened my eyes..."



© 2024 Buried Planet


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on February 9, 2024
Last Updated on February 18, 2024