Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Page 4

Page 4

A Chapter by Buried Planet

"..." He threw me a look of disbelief, but after that initial scepticism, not once did he dare to interrupt me again. Not until I was done with that longest of replies, and by then, we would already be making ourselves comfortable inside his most peculiar household...

"...I slowly opened my eyes, like I had done so many times before, but still, they could not trespass that pitch-black. It seemed that yet again I was to be frustrated by blindness, and darkness was to remain as my only company. How long had it been since I first regained consciousness? How much time had already been stolen from me? To seemingly punish me even further; I was to endure it all while strapped to a bed and surrounded by all sorts of sounds and smells that only increased my curiosity, only fuelled my already immeasurable desire to see �" what a sentence. Another kind of darkness then swept over me as the shadows of frustration and anger began curving all around my mind, slowly turning into large black circles of depression.

And then my body began telling what I could not: my fists clenched involuntarily as my tiny arms trembled, my entire strapped body began to twitch and turn whichever way, and shortly after my teeth too were showing eagerness in joining that demonstration. I wanted to shout, to scream, to expel all that I was feeling, but before my mouth could make its first echo, I began noticing that this time it would be different. The darkness that had always been there in front of me, no matter how much my eyes would widen, began to dissipate and those feelings with it; slowly, they all faded until other doings began to take over.

I began moving my head as much as those restraints would allow, and as soon as most of that blurriness left me, I found myself laying down in a poorly lit room.

All sorts of machinery scattered about, there were also other beds like the one I was laying on, most of them empty but a few with others like me. I knew right away they were like me.

Young and asleep, oblivious to the frustrations yet to come their way. I noticed then that some of them had tubes going into their bodies through all sorts of possible ways. My scared mouth could not help itself this time, and so a loud gasp inevitably made itself heard -my voice sounded nothing like the thoughts in my head- and then I heard someone coming.



© 2024 Buried Planet


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on February 9, 2024
Last Updated on February 18, 2024