Page 8

Page 8

A Chapter by Buried Planet

As soon as I did, quickly looking around, I was suddenly flooded with memories, clearly not mine, that stubbornly poured into my head. I immediately obtained a better understanding of what that room really was. Many terrible things had been happening in that dark and confined space for a long time, all around where he and I both stood. I could see it, feel it, so clearly; as if not others but I, had gone through such terrible ordeals many times before. I could not help but stare at him so scared and confused. Those visions would not stop and the more I was seeing, remembering; the more lost I was becoming...

"Genetic memories;" He snapped me back from that state with those two words, "things you did not experience yourself but can remember nonetheless." He then opened the door that would allow us to leave, slowly and carefully, just a little bit. Cautiously he took a quick peek outside, a clear attempt to try and have a look at what could still be going on. "Wear those." he pointed at some clothes waiting for me on the nearest table "They will have to do for now. We will see what we can get you later."

I clumsily managed to put them on and after I was done, he invited me with a gentle wave of his hand. Shyly I began taking my first slow steps towards him, following trustfully the instructions of his right hand as this one kept beckoning me, asking me to come to him.

"In time, many things will return to you child, and some of those things only the very few could own any hope of knowing. You will come to remember and learn all that came before you, every event in the lives of all the ancients. You will come to know all that they did and experience what they once have."

He turned to me again, once I was almost within range, and slowly knelt, "You see, you don't need to ask me any questions because soon, you will know far more than me or any other. This I will keep telling you, as many times as you need to hear it. You will know and see far more than most could ever tell you." With both of his arms, he invited me over "You just wait with your doubts." He invited me again and I took the last few steps towards him "I will soon be proven right."

He paused to try and catch a bit of his fleeting breath, he coughed too, "I believe you to be the answer that our misguided world has been waiting for, and that is why I have decided to set you free."

"I don't understand," I said shaking, looking at my own hands. Only then was I able to appreciate how much smaller than him I was. Even though he was kneeling before me, waiting, and inviting me for a hug, he was still taller than me.

"Many things will come to you," He held me tight in his arms and it felt good "not only the memories of what once was but also the visions of what is at this very moment, and also what may yet come to pass." He pushed me away gently to stare at my eyes, "I cannot help you when it comes to dealing with that for I cannot even imagine, let alone understand, what it might be like. Seeing the past, present, and possible futures everytime you blink or have a dream? I do not think any Human can. All I can do is promise to be by your side. To take your hand as you go through it."

"How do you know all this? How It was my turn now to halt my words although I couldn't say for sure why; I mean I felt no air fleeing from me that I should try and recapture. "So much about me, I mean." I slowly resumed "How come you can..."



© 2024 Buried Planet


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on February 18, 2024
Last Updated on February 18, 2024