Page 9

Page 9

A Chapter by Buried Planet

"Because you were designed that way." He hugged me again, even tighter than the first time.

"Designed?" I hugged him back, it felt even better for me too, "I don't understand." "Oh, my dear; but you will, I promise." His arms tightened around me, gently, and I

felt safe, I did not want them to let go.

"You were meant for greater things; you are unique and very, very special." And then something weird happened, I noticed a little drop coming out of my left eye. I felt it slide down my face without purpose, like some lost freshet unable to find its destination "You understand?" he grabbed my shoulders "Do you?" He shook them just carefully enough "And to be special, to be unique is..."

"Is to be alone?" I could not help but sob.

"Oh, come now," He placed one of his old trembling hands on my forehead, "You are just going through, shall we say, a tumbling of emotions; something completely natural for a young born such as yourself." He smiled straight at me, it gave me comfort "But I can guarantee you that in just a few hours from now, none of these things will have any effect on you. None of these rumbling emotions that may now be tearing at you from the inside will carry any weight. Give it a bit of time and you will easily evolve beyond that, hold on for just a while �" can you do that for me?" I did not find the need to throw a single word at him, I knew he had seen right through me and my big wet eyes, the moment I sobbed for the second time. "I am telling you, just give time the chance to work its magic for it alone can make all things easier." He slowly stood up.

"You know, the passing of time will undoubtedly grant you many gifts my dear, great knowledge and even greater power, of that I am sure. But no gift will ever be bigger than experience and the calluses that this one will grow around your heart and your mind. They will remain there to try and protect you and ensure that you always make the right call." He threw another quick glimpse outside that room "Why, I am certain that when the time comes for us to say goodbye to one another, you will not even shed a tear." He turned to me again just in time to catch another of those eye drops with his trembling index finger: "You will be far too evolved to care for such things. So instead, I think I will hold on to this one."

"I hope that is not true." I looked away because at that moment I simply could not look at him, my chest was hurting so much. Instead, I took one last look around that room for something was telling me that I would not see it again; and even though those painful memories were still piercing me every time my eyes noticed something new, they still couldn't hurt me anywhere near as much. It would take me a while.

"You ready?" But that was time we did not have.

"If the time ever comes for us to depart, I will shed many more of those for you, Father." He looked somewhat puzzled at me, and I felt my cheeks burn more than ever before. "You were the one that woke me, were you not?" I asked after patting my cheeks a few repeated times, desperately trying to cool them, or at least erase that pinkish hue I was sure to be colouring them. "The one that brought me into this conscious state?" I took it gently for I felt nervous treading through such words "It seems then to me that the term fits quite appropriately. Or does it bother you?" 



© 2024 Buried Planet


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on February 18, 2024
Last Updated on February 18, 2024