Part Two

Part Two

A Chapter by Sira YR
"

Horror courses through Harmony as she comes home to find her parents murdered and her little brother, Jacobi, brutally tortured and injured. What's worse is that the murderers were after her.

"

Her purse fell to the floor as she stared wide-eyed at the horrible scene that lay ahead.  Seated facing her, was none other than her mother and father, their glazed, lifeless eyes staring blankly and their pupils fully dilated. The bullet that lay planted in their skulls glinted in the overhead light of the small chandelier.  The sight was utterly confusing to say the least, but it morphed into pure terror when Harmony’s gaze found the body that sat bound between them: none other than Jacobi, all beaten and bruised with his head slumped forward and slightly to the side, his shaggy blonde hair hanging and wet from sweat.  She had to clamp her hand hard over her mouth to silence the screams that threatened to slip out- for all she knew, the killer could still be around- as she studied the crumpled body.   Moving over to him- quite clumsily- she closely examined his face: his right eye was swollen and turning purple while the other eye was closed.  His freckled face was paler than a ghost and the blonde lazy hair he was known for was matted with what seemed to be blood and dirt.   As her eyes went down another  scream almost tore through her lips.  His small bruised hands still clutched his blanket now purple with blood and his white baseball pajama shirt was covered in all manner of stains- blood and otherwise.  Tears fell like waterfalls as she took in the broken child before her.  Whoever did this was a sick psychopath. They not only murdered her parents, but tortured and murdered a child.  It hurt to imagine the intense pain he must have went through in his last hours of life.   The shirt was torn at the right shoulder and a large gash  was slowly dripping with blood.  Silent cries turned into sobs as she stared at the bodies of her family.   While she was out disobeying and partying, they were being murdered, and Jacobi was being tortured.  While she was laughing and joking, they were crying and wailing.   She collapsed to her knees and sobbed louder earning a groan from none other than Jacobi.

   

    “Ma….ma,” he whispered raspily, making his sister’s head bolt up.


    “Jacobi?” she cried, “Oh my god, you’re alive,”


    She embraced him, thankful that he was alive- beaten up but alive.


    “Har-” he let out a cough and held his head down in defeat.  His throat felt like sandpaper from all of the screaming and yelling he had done just an hour before.  The shock of what took place had worn off and now all he could do was cry in front of his sister.  He felt a warm hand gently lift his chin and he flinched which sent a shocking pain throughout his small body making him groan.  


    She immediately arose and ran over to the other side of the table where she dropped her purse and pulled out her pink, bedazzled phone.  It hadn’t been charged all day so she hoped and prayed that there was still some battery in it.



     “Twenty-percent, enough to make a call,” she muttered before addressing Jacobi, “Don’t worry I’m going to call for help,” she finished before calling nine-one-one.  


    “Har-*cough* mo...ny no-” he struggled to speak from all of the pain, and his throat was raw from all of the screams, but he knew he had to warn her.  The entire place was wired and the line was somehow out of service.


    A cry of anxiousness and frustration overtook her: since when was the LAPD’s number not in service?  It made no sense.  She couldn’t call an ambulance for her injured brother, nor could she call some other type of help to rescue her- she certainly was not about to call any friends of hers (they were probably drunk anyway).


    “Har...mony,” Jacobi called out, “Th-they *cough*...th-they,” he couldn’t seem to get his words out due to the pain and that made Harmony wish with every fibre of her being that she had stayed home with him.  However, she knew she couldn’t turn back the clock but at least he was alive.  What she needed to do now was to try and patch up his wounds so he didn’t bleed out.  She approached him with purse in hand took out a red pocket knife she kept and proceeded to loosen the ropes that bound his waist, wrists, and ankles.


   

    “Ma...ma.  Pa...pa,” his raspy voice cut through the air making Harmony freeze.  She just needed to know.  


    “Who-who h-hurt them, Jacobi?”.  She wanted to know what kind of sick monster would do something like this, but looking into his green eyes identical to hers and staring at her in pain, she struggled to force the words out.


    “Th-they k-killed mama,” he hiccuped, “they killed mama and pa-pa,”


     A sob broke from his lips and his head hung in shame.  All the events of the night sunk into his mind and finally he understood the gravity of the situation. He and Harmony were orphans now.  In ten short seconds, they were without mother and father.  In ten seconds their safe, innocent world was broken in two.  


    “Th-they,” he said through the sobbing, “they jus came in… and they killed mama and pa-pa,”



© 2017 Sira YR


Author's Note

Sira YR
I will more than likely go back and edit this some more but for now, here is part two of chapter one; enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your aroused my curiosity and captivated my attention the moment I started reading the first sentence. Sentence after sentence, you took me places that I had never been before. You master the language, no doubt about it. You're in control of how the story should flow. Your repertoire of vocabularies is rich. The words you use show you've put a lot of effort in your work. The descriptions are very vivid as though I was watching the evens on a TV screen. And you master the art of dialogue. Great job!
I just wish the mother and father didn't die. My heart ached for them.

Rachid

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sira YR

6 Years Ago

Yea, I'm trying to visit other writers that I have befriended more often but rest assured just becau.. read more
Rachid Amrani

6 Years Ago

Thank you again and I can't wait to read more of your works. You're a very talented writer, no doubt.. read more
Sira YR

6 Years Ago

You're welcome and the feeling is mutual :)



Reviews

Chapter Two is interesting. I love all the descriptions as usual but I'm also intrigued to find out where Jacobi and Harmony go from here after this traumatic ordeal. And the why factor. Why someone would kill her parents. Perhaps it's someone they already know but I like the direction so far. Good job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sira YR

6 Years Ago

Thank you for your review. I always like to hear feedback from fellow writers concerning my works. .. read more
Your aroused my curiosity and captivated my attention the moment I started reading the first sentence. Sentence after sentence, you took me places that I had never been before. You master the language, no doubt about it. You're in control of how the story should flow. Your repertoire of vocabularies is rich. The words you use show you've put a lot of effort in your work. The descriptions are very vivid as though I was watching the evens on a TV screen. And you master the art of dialogue. Great job!
I just wish the mother and father didn't die. My heart ached for them.

Rachid

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sira YR

6 Years Ago

Yea, I'm trying to visit other writers that I have befriended more often but rest assured just becau.. read more
Rachid Amrani

6 Years Ago

Thank you again and I can't wait to read more of your works. You're a very talented writer, no doubt.. read more
Sira YR

6 Years Ago

You're welcome and the feeling is mutual :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 23, 2017
Last Updated on December 1, 2017
Tags: death, sorrow, solem, flashback, graphic, ominous, thrilling, government


Author

Sira YR
Sira YR

Lorman, MS



About
I'm just the lonely writer expressing her thoughts through the art of the written word. I find that writing and art to be a special way to express myself in a forum with people who are like mysel.. more..

Writing
Phoenix Phoenix

A Poem by Sira YR