SPELL of a BOOK ,SOUL. "Magnitic Table" Chapter 3

SPELL of a BOOK ,SOUL. "Magnitic Table" Chapter 3

A Chapter by Chrisop Capaton

                                The Staff of Soul List
A list the, Dark Wizard has. 
The wizard in black robes walks back, and forth. looking at a piece of paper.
"Ah........ h!" Said the dark wizard.
Chris was just not one of the types. that hanged around everyone else. A child with a demise of what should not be.
Not a bully. Not a cruel person.
In the home town of Saint Louis.  We'll a part of it.
The forest was burned down, and all was lost, and abandon for miles. Miles and miles were nothing. But burned down woods. A waste of wood to the world. Not to mention. It seemed to be haunted by some kind of ghost. And all who would travel around it. Was not to see it. It was the neighboring city nearby.
Black dead tree's. The moss was red's, and green's field the area for miles.
Until, one day. When Chris. Was cutting from school. And kind of ran away from home. He found this place. All by himself. Chris was a Child. About the age of twelve. Blue eyes. Brown hair. Short ears. A medium sized nose.
Not a friend. Or a person to help him if he had got himself hurt.
He was walking on some quicksand. And fell in the whole. Trying to pull himself up.
He screams out,"
"Help me!!!!!"
He shouted.
No one could hear him for miles.
Then, from not too far away from him. A tree could have listened to him it is as if it heard him. Because it came alive. And began to breathe to the world of men. Seven feet tall. With two arms as branches. And four legs as branches. Orange glowing eye's in the shape of leaves. 
It walked to the boy Chris. Ever so quickly.
Scary Chris was out of his mind.
He lost his grip on the side of the sand hole.
And by a branch, the tree picked him up, Chris with its arm tree.
And set him to the side.
His back is turned to the tree.
"I thought I was seeing things please I didn't mean to scare you. Whomever you are?"
Said Chris.
He turned his head around.
To see the alive tree.
And scream out again.
"Help it's a monster! 
A creator. Help!!"
Yelled Chris.
He turned his head away. Then turned it back.
But the tree was a tree once again.
He must have scared it back to normal.
A tree. A black Looking like the tree. With what looked like growing from the top of it so far up which looked like it had a face.
"Well, I go home. I guess there's nothing for me here."
Said Chris.
He turned his back once again.
And the tree came back to life.
"No one need's me." Said Chris.
"The world need's you, Chris."
Said the tree in a voice.
Faint but Deep spoken. He knew if he was to speak again.
He would know where the voice was coming from.
"Your real but you are not real. Am' I seeing things. Are you real?
Trust me even if you are real. No, one needs me." Said the child to some stranger he just barely meets.
"I'm real. But for you. You need me. Cause, I need you. Your help."
Said the Tree.
"What could I possibly do?" Said Chris.
"Help me find my staff. My name is Soul list.
My staff is called the forest of time.
It will take you back to my realm.
Where I can be myself again.
And go around freely." Said Soul list.
"O. k. k. k. k. I help you but where do I start to help you?"
Said Chris.
"A scientist with name, Doctor Jack torch. 
Has to take it for the practice of antiques. 
It is worth more to me than it seems. Now,  that I'm stuck here.
I have only an hour, and maybe a day or two."
Said Soul list.
"What happens then." Said Chris.
"Ab. u. m. is going to make me firewood."
Said Soul list.
"I'll stay here till then, and I'm off to get your dumb staff. So you can go home I guess it's only fair.
You saved me I will save you." Said Chris.
"I got is, you go down in the quicksand. No one can use you for firewood down there. And give till tomorrow to find the staff. Said Chris. Talking to a tree that was really talking.
"It's a great idea." Said Soul list.
He walks up to the sand pit. And walks in as the sand covers him over until you can not see anything but sand.
"Hurry Chris. Time is necessary." Said Soul list.
Chris thought of what he had just seen. He could not remember who he was. For a second.
"I'm still here, Chris."
Said Soul list.
He immediately went home to his families apartment. No one was home. His mother was a nurse.
Working at the place for the needy. Full-time. Just to bring in the money for both of them to eat. Sleep.
So he could get older. He rushed to a phone book. 
And started to look under the government pages for the name and listing of, John Torch.
Allan John to Carl John then he has seen the listing. A phone number. That was a business line. He could call. But he did not have a long distance to call out besides local. But there was an address. Listed as...
" Doctor John Torch.             {FICTIONAL;address's, name's}
1112 center street "
"I know was that is it's right next to were my mother works at the hospital. And on the side of the museum."
Said Chris.
 
When he got to Museum. You see this mother walked past him almost spotting him he ducks underneath a vehicle that is parked. After she is done walking past on the opposite side of the street. He stands up from a sitting stands of Indian style. he turns around to see the main theme at the museum. It was Indians in the West. Anyway, he goes to the door and opens it up very quickly and he goes inside. He walks past the person he is looking for John torch. Looks at him and his eyes dark brown. Just for second of hesitation. is at the door to his office. But the lights are off inside the window on the door and on the secretary's desk is his business cards with his face on it.
John torch. And then the address." Number.
 "Oh I passed him," he said' I must go back.' He thinks.
He turns around and runs back to him in a fast-paced he grabs somebody by the shoulder and it is him John torch.
"can I help you, young man." Said, John.
"Yes you can actually you cannot but if you could follow me there something I need to show you." Said Chris.
Well for some reason John towards following's Chris All the way to the alleyway and between the hospital and the Museum. 
Chris looks at him. "Well, I guess there's nothing I need from you except your keys."
"I'm not handing them over. You have to find somebody else's keys you weird little young man," said John torch.
Well, Chris didn't take that for an answer so we rushed towards him knocking him into the wall as he fell to the ground and he grabbed his keys and went back into the museum. goes up to his office unlocks the door to the office.
 Goes past the secretaries desk.
And to John torches desk. He starts to look around for the staff.
"I don't see it anywhere. Wait!"
he said as he looks to the left and there's a closet full of antiquities. He picks up the staff and begins to make his way out to the museum it past the security but they don't notice him when he gets to the front door of the museum. there is John torch.
"You little s**t. Gimme that I found it myself and must be worth something." Said John torch.
"No, you dinosaur dung heap." Said Chris. As he runs past him and out the door knocking John torch on the ground.
He made his way all the way back to the talking tree. And when he got there he put his hand in the sand. Saying, "Soul list are you here? Soul-list? I got the Staff you need."
"I'm behind you." Said Soul list.
"can I trust you I may not really do anything wrong are you?" said Chris.
"No no, and hand me the staff." Said Sol- list.
well, he hands him the staff which is something he shouldn't have done.
the Sol-list. Put his hands in the air holding the staff. As wind and pressure come from the staff at the tip where leafs are falling into autumn. Everything around begins to die.  Within a range. and begins to overcome the world.
Chris says," how Dare you I trusted you. you are my friend."
"I don't feel so good." Said Chris finishing what he was saying. Grabbing his stomach. And falling to the floor.
"you're right Chris I am not sure friend but I will give you a second chance of redemption for yourself." Said Sol-list.
He puts the stock towards the air. Of staff. At the same time, all the reckoning and quickening of the world is dying.
And cast a portal. Where it looks as if everything inside there is dead.
"off you go then into the portal or die with the rest." Said Soul-list.
"I'm going but only to stop you put everything back to the way it was."
Said Chris.  As he jumped into the portal.
Soul - List, his mean wits. somewhere inside his mind, something had to be changed even tormented somehow to do this to mankind. An angry   person wouldn't even dare do such a thing.
but that's where the story starts. It is Chris's fate that must change it back.
He walked along the wasted abandoned forest. From what Soul - List called. Was nothing but swamps. Rocks and dirty water puddles, and lots of sand. He saw all that was once could have been mighty River. He bent down to pick up, rock. And picked it up. The wasted abandoned forest began to grow trees were sprouting all be on an all around him. It's as if he had an essence inside himself to change everything around him. Giant trees all around him in the river flowed underneath to the side of him as he caught his balance got out of the way of the river. Then he dropped the rock. The moment he wasn't touching anything and went back to waste and abandoned swamp.
If all the rock formation all the way down for hours upon in. Until there were so many of them as far as the eye could see. It was never-ending. Rock.
He picked up a rock and ran for Sand. The minute he was on Sand looked over to see the cascade of water. Endless water. He sat on the sand.
Saying to himself," I'm hungry maybe I should go fishing."
He turned around back to the forests and fix up some branches an old sweater he was wearing a untangled it and use it as the string.
the jacket is wearing over. from the zipper he tore off to make a hook. He looked around to find a worm. In the sand. And placed it upon. The homemade zipper hook.
He took his branch and tied the string and cast upon the ocean sea.
Hours went by and then minutes and finally, something tugged upon his line.
he pulled the minute by minute but something just Jerking amount as if it wanted to take him back into the water. He kept pulling and pulling. Till something gave. Then it was so much ever for easier to pull in the line.
They looked up above the water sky and a mermaid popped up with the red scaly tail holding a staff with three jewels at the end of it pointed with three metal prongs as a Trident very sharp. Red hair red beard red mustache red eyes. With  scaly in between his fingertips a green mossy skin. Holding the staff. 
"Who are you?" Said the mermaid.
"I'm Chris what's your name?" said Chris.
"I am the master of the water I am the keeper of this place." Said the mermaid.
"How do you get out of here? No, really there is this talking tree. That's ending my place and I need to get back to stop him." said Chris.
"How you going to do that you can't even swim?" said the mermaid.
"I'm not joking around I need to get out here how do I do it?" said Chris.
"Well, you need to swim underneath the water and follow me to the portal.
But you can't go down there it's too deep you won't be able to breathe."
said the mermaid.
"What if I put a bag over my head. Wait. I can use this jacket. Would you please help me get out of here?" said Chris.
"Yes." Said the mermaid.
He was about to throw down the rock. And all of it would disappear again. But the mermaid says," don't do that you'll never leave once we get deeper."
So I spoke, " what I suppose to hang onto this forever" And he said. " throw it back through when you are all the way through the portal."
"all right I'm listening to you. But if I drowned I'm coming back and I'm throwing back the rock so you don't exist again." Said Chris.
So he took off his coat and tie it around his head and put a big knot in it so he could breathe underwater. He got into the ocean sea holding a rock.
As a mermaid took him deeper and deeper into deeper water.
For a while, there is head was in like in a half bowl they could still breathe while he was breathing in and out and a hard like. But, he was making his way.
Then the mermaid threw him against the wall. And started poking him in his butt. With the Trident he tried to go up the wall as fast as he could and he noticed as he gasped for air that there was something in separate in water up there. So he crawled out of the water.
He took the coat off his head. Breathing in and out very hard like at first. Saying," ouch that hurt."
The mermaid poked up and began to talk to him once again as it did when it brought them into the cave underneath the water.
"Turn around and follow that cave for about three miles straight up the mountainside inside there you must sneak into the city of elves. if they catch you they will imprison you forever this is your one chance to make it back good luck. Into the palace of goblins. Into the mirror of forgotten." said the mermaid. As he jumped into the air and slammed back down below water. who as easy as he seen him as easy as he was gone.
"we'll I guess I better start sneaking."
Said Chris.
He began to walk through the caves not torches on the wall but he felt with his hands so he could move along. Then finally he could see a grand opening with lights inside. These were no ordinary elves they were also elves goblins.
He sneaks through the city with the coat on his head and nobody can notice him for short. He was going to get away with it. Until, until he runs into the biggest one. He follows right over him. As they both fall to the ground.
He cannot understand what the goblin elves is saying but he could almost make it out.
"I b l a  k a a c a n                  ...  I s tag a....."
"What the hell is that? I'll run now."
Said Chris.
As he ran into the palace way. All the way to the mirror. Of the forgotten.
And jumped through. All the goblin elves tried to catch him as they try to jump through and followed him. Into the world of men.
He falls from the sky.
"E h  ah h !" " B A M !"
"What day and time is it?" Said Chris. as got up talking to an old man.
Then the goblins fall from the sky.
Chanting.
"Yo lit a!"
Then they hit the ground.
"Puck it!" Making the sound. Splat all over the ground.
"Sir." He said to an old man.
"Yes." Said the old man.
"What time is it? And Day. year etc etc.?
Said Chris.
"It is October the fifth. Year. 1927." Said the old man.
"Oh no. I will never be there Ill never caught up. This world is going to wither. " Said, Chris.
Then he thought back to when he was talking to Soul - list.
Remember the forest of time was always there.
"Now where am' I." Said Chris.
"You're in New York. Little one." Said An older lady.
"I need to take the bus. Back to Saint Louis."
Said Chris.
He looked ahead down the street and noticed. A bus station.
He went inside. And saw. People in line. He went about until he came across.
An old man. With his ticket poking out of his pocket.
He grabbed the ticket. And got inline in front of him, and got the bus.
He watched through the window. Realize he was missing his ticket.
The bus drove away toward. Saint Louis. 
Go through the sunset riding on the bus.  In the middle. It is kind of a question cause no one stated anything to him. For a small little boy, he was able to get where he needed to go. 
The bus was filled with families, and people going to a further distance then, he was. And not a very big bus at all. Twelve on each side of the bus from left to right. African American, sign on the back of the bus leaving only sits for four out of twelve. He noticed. And two families. On the right. And a musician on the left. With two ladies behind him. As he played his guitar the whole way there. "A song without words."He said.
"I like it." Said Chris.
He played for a while. the bus driver had no bad realization to him he was good at playing. Then, all of sudden. He stopped playing. "Thanks, kid." Said the man.
As the bus stopped. The brakes you could hear coming from below the bus.
The bus driver he stud up from his set. A big heavy set man.
With a customer service bus uniform on.  "Hey kid this is your stop."
He said. Chris looked out the window.
Seeing an endless forest. With a rock in his, pocket. Feeling the weight.
"I forgot......" He paused for a second. "Yes, sir. He said Out loud.
He went to the end of the bus. " This here is Saint Louis."
Said Chris.
"Yea everything a little different then you thought." Said the bus driver.
Thinking he got caught or something was wrong he just said, "No it fine this is my stop thank you." said Chris.
When he opened the doors for him to get out. He walked down the steps so quickly. And put his feet to the ground.
The bus door closed and the bus drove away.
"Kids got to be out his mind.", and "I hope he'll be alright."
He heard the chanting coming from the bus.
then," Shut up!" All the way from the front of the bus from the bus driver.
"Yes, sir." was the last thing he heard.
He started to walk into the woods. He has seen a sign saying, "Saint Louis."
Which is read.
Seeing the big tree's giants way more significant than what forest he had ever seen.
"Well, I got to go forward. There ain't no use turning back now."
Said Chris.
The tall trees all around seemed to reach skies with formation of branches go so high. Giant, leafs, and the formations of rock. Formed all the way through the forest. And he noticed, the rock in his pocket the whole time. From the realm. From another world. 
He was somewhere in the time. Where this forest was forgot. He knew if he searched the woods he would find, Soul List. 
The deeper he went to the woods. The more it seemed to be harder to find him.
"Soul List, soul List!"
He scream out. "Soul List."
Over and over. He chanted. Deeper and deeper he walked into.
Finally, thinking,' The rock I've got it.'
He threw the rock down onto the ground. Everything became alive.
Flowers, grass, trees, and the animals seem to talk along with all those creatures that were there in the forest.
The all began to chant for, Soul List.
"Soul List! Soul List! Soul List!"
He ventured out of the words not too far from where they were. A giant tree.
Much bigger than Chris had remembered.
"You have no idea what you've done. You brought my world to be with your's."
Said Soul List.
"But I don't want to be different." Said Chris.
"I'm sorry little, Chris. But you are different you are even forgotten."
Said Soul - List.
Chris began to cry sit down and weep.
Thinking of his mother. Thinking how she would do things for him.
His life was flashing before his eyes remembering times, when she even tied his shoes when he first got his first pair of shoes.
When he first took the bus to school.
 " I.... A..... " "A.....I......" He still cried.
He looked behind him and he noticed that the road was gone.
He had tricked, Soul List in believing he was still in his world.
He looked down at the rock. He knew he picked it up you may be stuck in there forever if he can just destroy it somehow. He took off his coat, and put it all the way around the rock we wouldn't touch it as he picked it up.
He had in his hand. Inside the coat. 
"Chris, the reason why I have brought you here. Please do not touch the rock.."
Said Soul List.
"How do you want me to help?"
Said Chris.
"I need this staff of soul list."
Said Soul List.
"But I already have gotten it for you."
Said Chris.
"No you gave it to, Master of evil spawn. He looks like me. But he is not. 
He is evil source of magic. That has the ability to shape shift into anything he can see.
He gave it to his master. " said Soul List.
"What's his name?" Said Chris.
"The Dark Tempest. He is a very evil wizard. Who lives in the evil realm."
Said soul List.
"How can I stop them I'm only 12 years old?"
Said Chris.
"You see it has the ability to take living magic as they are dying and make dark sparks of magic." Said Soul List.
"And what my ability?" Said Chris.
"You see you are not a magic which you can process magic." Said Soul List.
"We will teach you." Said a flower.
"Put down your coat." Said soul List.
"Every time you touch something you drawn essence off of it.
We referred to it as light sparks." Said Soul List.
"Pick something up. Anything." Said Soul List.
He reached into his coat and bent over and picked up the rock.
Hoping he would stay there knowing that he has the essence of the light spark. He threw it in the air. As a came back towards the ground. And began to dive over him. And turned into a baby Dragon.
He caught the rock.
In the baby Dragon swept down. And landed on his shoulder.
"I meant to cast fireball or lightning. Not to make baby Dragon."
Said Soul List.
"I thought that was pretty cool. I do exist I didn't before. In fact. When is it my turn to throw fireball." Said the baby dragon.
"Be quiet. Baby Dragon." Said Soul List.
Then he throw it straight towards Soul List. as it turned into a in tornado.
As the air swirled around him. Picking him up off the ground.
"Wait!"
screams Chris.
"Just like that. In fact good job Chris. Now, get me down!"
Said Soul List.
Chris put his hands on the earth ground. In the ground rose up beneath him stopping in the wind in a chain reaction. As Soul List was on his feet.
"Thanks. Now you are ready to beat to get back my staff so I can send you home. Don't forget the Dragon." Said soul List.
"Where do I go where is he?" said the baby Dragon.
"Okay now you're going." Said Chris.
"Yep Yep!" Said the baby dragon.
"Where my going where is he?" said Chris.
Soul List. Took the rock off the ground and threw it at the ground.
Opening a portal. To the evil realm. Blacks and purples and blues cascading the outline of the opening of the portal.
"Good luck Chris. I hope you're my friend?" said Soul List.
"You want me to touch that? you want me to go deep inside that darkness?" said the baby Dragon.
"Be quiet!" Said Soul List.
So Chris and the baby Dragon went inside the portal to evil realm.
The minutes they popped out the other side.
It was not a nice day anymore it was dark. The midnight hour.
Thousands and thousands of stars in the sky of night.
Lightning striking as it started to rain and poor on the realm of evil.
The portal closed behind them.
"Damn there is not a way out now." said the baby dragon.
  White from scaly to teeth. White eyes. White horns all the way down along his white back. A Scaly snakes back. 
"I don't see him yet." said the baby Dragon.
"Patients. In a matter of time you might just see me soon."
Said the pattern in the air of face of a wizard.
Colors and patterns of dark pails. Grays and blacks.
Filled the alignment of his face.
"Am here to get to staff." Said the baby Dragon.
"Shh....!" Said Chris.
"Look were here to get the staff. One way or another. I will go home."
Said Chris.
"One way or another I'll put you home and keep the staff. no wait I challenge who's the better wizard. First you show me at least a little magic and outcome there and fight you for some dark spark."Said the Dark Wizard from the face and pattern of a talking thing in the air.
Chris held back all he had thinking of the lightning above him.
"Show him show him the zap." Said the baby Dragon.
"Would you shut up! one more word out to you and your dark spark."
Said the evil wizard.
"Hey leave. My baby Dragon alone."
Said Chris.
He threw the rock. At the face feature in the air and lightning zapped right at the wizard. Shocking him on the other side of his dark evil spawning.
"Owe.................................................... e...."
Knocking him several feet back he caught his balance.
"That's good enough I'll be there in a minute. And I'll be there with the staff to withdraw your dark sparks."
Said the dark evil wizard.
"Oh ... T.  O." said the baby Dragon.
"This is not good." Said Chris. As a wizard dark face went away.
"While this is not around yet."said the baby Dragon.
"True. Why don't I just name you something besides baby Dragon.
How about fire rat." Said Chris.
"To common." Said the baby dragon.
"How about fire Toad."said Chris.
"I like that"said the baby Dragon.
"Fire toad it is." Said Chris.
"Here I am." Said the Wizard of darkness.
"Where are you?" said the fire toad.
"A fire toad created a diversion."
Said Chris.
Chris picked up some dirt over himself and evaporated.
"I'm here too. run." Said the baby Dragon.
But first he looked him down with his eyes as he flied around him.
His robes were black. His hair was long and black is Beard was black his mustache was black his eyes were like Demon Black.
"You know you really have to change the color black." Said the baby Dragon.
"Yeah so." Said the dark Wizard.
"Alright I created a diversion."
said the baby Dragon.
"Any time now. His going to make me a dark spark."
Said the baby Dragon.
"I got it." Said Chris invisible Chris .
He was going to let them become a dark spark in the middle of the process and put him back by throwing the rock once into the air and put back the baby Dragon. 
The dark wizard grabbed the baby Dragon by the throat. And the essence he had was so dark it was turning him into a dark spark the baby Dragon was burning from the outside in.
"Oh I hate to do this to myself. I'll save you baby Dragon."
Said Chris as he grabbed the dark Wizard and began to burn him from the outside in event began to quarrel and fire and disintegrate very very slowly from magic as the soul list staff fell to the ground.
Chris picked up the rock and threw it in the air.
And I have nowhere. Came the baby Dragon flying down toward Chris.
But he was not happy he was ever so a little upset and mad.
His eyes looked in a fury diving towards Chris.
"I'm going to burn yea." Said the baby Dragon.
"Oh come on new fire toad. You're my friend."
Then the baby Dragon ran in to Chris says they both went backwards landing on the ground as he dropped the rock and forgot to pick up the staff at this point anyway.
He tried to get up but he couldn't he was opening his eyes and things were different he was back in the Swamp Valley. Cutting from school running away from home.
"Help my arm stuck." He yelled.
But no one could hear him.
Finally, he got out.
But he was home.
Then out of  nowhere.
A baby dragon fell from the sky above.
Screening out,
"I'm going to get you Chris."


© 2024 Chrisop Capaton


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on February 21, 2024
Last Updated on February 21, 2024
Tags: FICTION


Author

Chrisop Capaton
Chrisop Capaton

Mountain Grove, MO



About
Written by Christopher Stephenson About the [Author]............. I was made in july 2nd 1978. At the hospital. I was born in Houston, County. At the Time which is Texas county now. In Houston.. more..

Writing