Chapter 1: Welcome back home, Champ

Chapter 1: Welcome back home, Champ

A Chapter by Kane

Serena stared at her cup. The coffee inside gave off steam while she listened to her friends Olivia, Korrina, Diantha and Shauna talk to each other. They Korrina was dressed in her usual red and white dress and rollerblades, Diantha in her weird and yet somehow fashionable feather dress, Shauna in a green, yes green, sundress and Serena was in a yellow sundress. But although Serena was in a yellow sundress, she had a red cap on. Suddenly, Korrina tapped Serena on the shoulder and asked: "Hello? Are you there?" "Sorry, I was thinking over something, could you repeat that?" "Why do you have the red cap on?" "I... I guess I just felt like it." "Well... everyone to their own I guess," Shauna commented. Diantha though, smiled and said: "That was Calem's right?" "Yes," Serena replied. Shauna looked at the cap wide-eyed: "That was Calem's? I knew it was familiar!" "Aha, so that's why," Korrina said suspiciously. "I received it today, he had sent it before he left with a time lapse," Serena explained. Nobody was talking and an eerie silence stretched over them. Suddenly, Diantha's holocaster rang and she answered. It was Malva, and she said quickly: "Diantha, near Coumarine City a Gyrados ran amok, you need to stop it." Diantha ended the call and ran out with Serena, Shauna and Korrina close on her heels.

They flew with their Pokémon to Coumarine City and heard the Gyrados. Serena called out her Helioptile and shouted: "Pole, use Thunderbolt!" Pole called forth a bolt of thunder which hit the Gyrados. Diantha, Olivia, Shauna and Korrina helped her, but to no avail. The Gyrados shook it off as if it were nothing and charged a Hyper Beam. The five of them started to run away, but they saw someone walk towards them. He had a hood on which covered his face with a shadow. He walked towards them and everyone stopped running and stared. "I'll take over," he said, a familiar voice, but Serena couldn't tell whose. He held out a Pokéball and then called out a Pokémon, which she never thought existed. A dog like Pokémon with a cloud on its back, a lightning bolt as its tail and a jaw which looked very, very menacing. The Raikou roared and flew at Gyrados. "Raikou, thunder fang, afterwards thunder." Raikou bit the Gyrados and paralyzed it. The hyper beam didn't come out, instead a huge thunder fell onto the Gyrados, letting it faint. The hooded trainer recalled Raikou and walked towards Serena. He hit the cap so that it flew into the air, behind her. He walked forward, pulling off his head and revealing his brown hair and the strawberry blonde hair of Serena. He grabbed the cap and put it on his head. He turned around and said: "Hey, I'm back."
Calem, with the cap on his head, smiled at Serena who looked shocked. Diantha, Korrina, Olivia and Shauna smiled, but didn't say anything. Serena ran towards him and then hug tackled him. Calem fell to the ground with Serena on top. "Hey now Serena, I'm a bit sick so I could let you catch my cold."

Serena got up quickly and then asked: "How did that happen?"

"Well... I sort of rushed my travel," Calem smiled. Serena looked at him and saw water drops. Serena looked at Calem and then asked: "Why did you rush?"

Calem blushed and then said: "Um, I guess 'cause my mom told me to..."

Diantha and Korrina laughed while Olivia took pictures and Shauna wondered. Calem stood there for a bit and then said: "Um, I guess I'll just go home now, need to meet my mom again. Nice seeing you all again."

Calem was about to call his Pokémon out, but then he was stopped by Serena who shouted: "Calem! Why couldn't I reach you till now?" "

Oh, my holocaster broke... sorry," he replied. Serena was startled and then she blushed. After a few seconds she ran towards the Pokémon center. Calem stood there awkwardly, then he ran after her. Shauna was about to follow, but she was stopped by Diantha, Olivia and Korrina. Calem saw Serena flying away on her Talonflame and called out his charcoal black Charizard. "Charizard, fly to Kiloude city."

Charizard ascended and they flew across the sky to Kiloude city.


Talonflame landed in front of the Pokémon center of Kiloude city. Serena got off and recalled Talonflame. Afterwards she ran to the small lake. She sat on the bench and then looked at the lake. After a few moments she felt something cold on her cheek she whirled around and then saw Calem, holding a can of soda. She looked at Calem astounded, and then asked: "How did you find me?"

"Pretty easy, considering that you didn't even notice the trail Talonflame left behind him. It was quite easy to follow you."

Calem smiled when Serena took the can and sat down next to her. They looked at the lake while drinking the soda. Suddenly Calem asked: "Why did you run?"

Serena stayed silent and started to blush. Calem got up and stretched his hand at her, saying: "Come on, let's go home."

Serena took his hand and Calem called out his Charizard while Serena called out her Talonflame. They flew next to each other towards Laverre City. There Calem walked to a café with Serena and they met up with Calem's mom and Shauna. Calem was hugged by his mother and Shauna smiled at him.

"Wait, how are you here?"

"Well, I came home and then your mom invited me to come here," Shauna replied. Calem remembered something and rummaged in his bag. He found three small boxes. He gave one to his mother, one to Shauna and one to Serena.

"Souvenirs, thought you'd like them," He grinned. They all opened the boxes and found different things inside. A Keychain for his mother which looked like a Ryhorn, a fan for Shauna and for Serena it was a necklace. Four feathers were hanging from it, a feather made of lightning, one made of fire, one made of ice and one glowing gold and red. Serena looked at it for a bit and then understood, the feathers of Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos. But she couldn't seem to think of the fourth feather. This problem killed her and she wanted to know so much,  that she never noticed Calem coming closer to her and asking: "You alright?"

She quickly backed away and Calem smiled. "Ah, the fourth feather I guess... Ever heard of Ho-oh?"

"No..." Serena replied.

"Oh really, well, Ho-oh is a legendary Pokémon of the Johto region and is a bird. That fourth feather is Ho-oh's. Had a hard time getting it but seems like it suits you, glad that I went through that,"

Calem grinned. Serena's heart beat increased rapidly and she felt herself blush. Calem touched her forehead with his and asked: "Do you have a fever?"

Serena's blush became even more apparent, but she was saved by a phone call. On the phone was Trevor:

"Hey Serena, we thought of meeting in the usual place, do you want to come by?"

"Yeah sure. When?"

"At around five pm."

"Alright, I'll be there." Serena hung up the phone and saw the others looking at her.

"Well Shauna, you heard... By the way Calem, do you want to come?"

"Yeah sure, I just need to buy new clothes. These are the last I have and I used them for the last few days," he replied and walked out of the cafe, leaving behind some money and disappearing on his Charizard.

Calem flew to Anistar City and walked into a boutique to buy clothes as he had said. He walked back out a few seconds later and told Charizard: "Hey Charizard, can you fly to my mom and give her this message?" Charizard simply nodded and flew off, a black spot remaining. Calem walked into the boutique and bought a few clothes, which he immediately put on in the store. As he walked out he met Charizard who held a note for him:

'Calem,

Come to Café Soleil to meet us, the others are all already there, I just barely caught your Charizard so be grateful.

Serena'

Calem smirked at the note, it really reminded him of Serena. Charizard looked at him smile and cocked his head to the side, a question on his face. "On the flight," Calem commented before getting on Charizard's back and telling him: "Lumiose City South Boulevard." Charizard nodded and flew off.

In South Boulevard he walked into Café Soleil and noticed the group. Professor Sycamore, Tierno, Trevor, Shauna and Serena. They sat there, drinking coffee and laughing. Calem walked up to them, and seeing as all of them didn’t notice him, he crept up and whispered: “Hello you little mortals.”

Everyone jumped up in surprise and Professor Sycamore choked on his coffee while Calem was on the floor, choking on his laughter. But his laughter was stopped short when Tierno jumped on top of him and nearly squashed him: “CALEM! Welcome back!”

Whispers could be heard throughout the café and Calem heard his name every now and again, in combination with the words runaway champion. He deserved that. Shortly after winning against Diantha he had left for his goal of traversing the world in order to find more Pokémon, befriend more people and learn more legends and cultures. His leave was abrupt and only two people knew of it beforehand, his mother being one of them, and the other was Professor Sycamore himself. That meant that everyone in Kalos who he hadn’t befriended called him the runaway champion, and that title had spread faster than any other news. But it seemed like Professor Sycamore had heard that statement because he stood straight, brushed off some imaginary dust and then said: “Well everyone, aren’t you happy that the hero of this region has returned? The one who has calmed Xerneas and restrained Yveltal? Are you not happy that you will live whilst forever knowing that you will be safe?”

Silence reigned in the café. Professor Sycamore had apparently resurfaced some memories, but Calem would have none of that. He gave a forced smile and said: “Come on, nothing bad happened. It’s not stuff I have already heard Professor, calm down.”

“Yeah let’s all stay calm,” Tierno began, “by the way Calem, are you going to attend Royal Academy?”

“Hm? My mom did tell me to come home for some reason, but I don’t know what,” Calem answered. Suddenly the door to the café opened and in came Diantha. The café was engulfed in silence once again, but Calem walked forward, smiling: “Long time no see. I see you’ve been doing well.”

“We met today, in Coumarine,” Diantha smiled, and Calem remembered.

“Oh yeah, things were a bit hectic so I forgot.”

“I don’t blame you that was quite a piece of work. Anyway, I have something for you. I met your mother a bit ago on my way here and so I thought I’d deliver this to you,” Diantha handed Calem a box and a letter. He quickly opened the box and smiled. In his hand he held a new holocaster, albeit it was no different from his old one. He threw it to his friends and they quickly typed in their numbers. Then he took a look at his letter. Sealing it closed was a wax symbol with three Pokémon depicted on it: Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos. Calem ripped it open and read the letter:

Dear Calem,

We, of Royal Academy would like to invite you to our school of Pokémon, filled with great trainers from all over the world. You have been sorted automatically in House Mew, where all Champions and potential Champions reside. We hope you will accept.

Waiting for your answer,

Headmaster Professor Samuel Oak.



© 2014 Kane


Author's Note

Kane
Chapter 1... Yeah.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on November 30, 2013
Last Updated on November 20, 2014


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane