Chapter 3: Welcome To Royal Academy

Chapter 3: Welcome To Royal Academy

A Chapter by Kane

The entourage of people were running past Calem into the school, no one recognizing him. He had gone first to the school because he had to prepare his battle, but so many other students were already there before him, to meet the Champions, former and current. Calem slipped by them all unnoticed to the Event Hall the school had. The school was located on an island, a huge island with Royal Academy and a big town to help students do something with their free time. As Calem entered the Event Hall through a special side entrance he saw the other champions and former champions. And they all recognized him. Red went up to him first and patted him on the head, a smile decorating his face: “Hey there Cal, how are you?”

“Great, thanks for asking. What about you?”

“Eh, I could use less attention. But I did say I would get off the mountain if you were to beat me.”

“Still can’t believe you managed that,” Blue commented and Calem winked in return. Ethan joined Red and put Calem into a headlock.

“CAL! How are you doing?”

“I would be doing a lot better if you would stop suffocating me,” Calem barely got out, his face growing red. Ethan let go and smiled.

“So I’m going to be teaching you a bit huh?” Ethan asked rhetorically.

“Um, can I have Red? Or even Blue? I would be happy with even Lucas, or Hilbert!” Calem said.

“Sorry Cal, I teach the seniors, and Blue does as well. Lucas teaches exploring and Hilbert teaches breeding.         Ethan teaches the first years so that they learn a bit quicker. You’ll be stuck with him till senior year. He’ll advance with you until then,” Red smiled. Brendan, Lucas and Hilbert shot Calem a sympathetic look while walking towards them.

“Sorry but I lost horribly against you in a battle, so I don’t qualify as your battle teacher,” Lucas apologized.

“I lost against Ethan in the battle for the last spot so I went over to coordinator teacher,” Brendan explained.

“I am the youngest so apparently I had no right to choose my job,” Hilbert sighed.

 “Hey! I’m not that horrible!” Ethan pouted.

“In battling, in life you are,” Blue shot back and everyone but Ethan laughed. The latter’s pout growing even more prominent. Soon they calmed down though and talked to each other, getting friendly again. Their conversation was interrupted by shrieks from girls though and the side entrance opened to let through Lance, Steven, Cynthia, Alder and Diantha.

“So you all came early,” Lance commented as he sat down.

“Yeah, look at the commotion you guys caused, imagine how loud it would’ve been with us,” Ethan commented, gaining a few nods of approval.

“Well they don’t really care about me so if I had come now there would have been no noise,” Calem commented nonchalantly and Red turned quickly.

“Seriously? You are the only one here, and with here I mean the entire world, who has ever beaten me. You are the one loss on my record! How the hell are you not gaining attention?” Red exclaimed.

“Well we did keep that quiet to the public so…” Calem explained, and Red remembered that part in their talk.

“But now you and I have similar stats right?” Red asked, opening a bottle of water.

“Yeah, 891 wins, 1 loss for me. What about you?”

“Too low young blood, 1158 wins and 1 loss for me,” Red boasted. Ethan mumbled something under his breath and Blue, the only one who had heard what Ethan said, snorted.

Lucas asked what Ethan had said and the latter shouted, quite mad: “800 wins and 2 losses! There! Happy?”

Everyone laughed at Ethan’s expense until they heard the microphone. They all stood up and walked towards the main stage, staying just hidden behind the curtains. As they stood there, they nodded in greeting to the Professors who nodded back in turn. Then everyone turned their attention to Professor Oak, who was standing on the stage and about to deliver his speech.

“I welcome all of you students and am grateful for your plentiful attendance. Now, as you know Royal Academy is completely newly founded and we have our own town. We wish to keep all political hostilities between each other to the minimum and are not to be influenced by the governments of any region. That is why my colleagues and I have decided to build this wonderful academy on this island, a trove of nature and resources. Now, I wish to once again thank you all for attending and wish to reward you with an opening ceremony, for which we professors had to bring in quite a few of favors. Now please welcome the Champions of all our regions,” Professor Oak said, and silence ensued as Red, Ethan, Brendan, Lucas, Hilbert and Calem walked up to the stage. Nobody could believe their eyes. Seeing one of them was quite rare unless one was a strong trainer, but seeing all of them was unheard of.

But before anybody could say anything Professor Oak continued: “Now they aren’t here just for show, because they will be the teachers, and student in case of Calem, of this school. To welcome all of you though, they volunteered to battle against their former title holders as a show battle. Now a few words from each of them.”

Oak handed Red the microphone who scratched his head and said: “Well, I don’t really know what to say… My name is Red of Pallet town and I am the champion of the Kanto region. I will be the battle major’s teacher for seniors and I hope we have a good time.”

Red handed the mic to Ethan who was a lot less humble: “What is going on folks? My name is Ethan from New Bark town and I am the Johto region champion. I will be the battle major’s teacher for freshmen and I hope you guys will feel honored.”

Ethan gave it on to Brendan who looked lost: “Well, my name is Brendan… I’m from Little Root town and the Hoenn region champion. I am the coordinating teacher for seniors, I hope we have a good time.”

The mic was with Lucas now, who was a bit embarrassed at the attention: “My name is Lucas, the Sinnoh region champion from Twinleaf town, I teach exploring for seniors and let’s have a good time.”

Now Hilbert held the mic who lowered his cap in embarrassment: “Hello, I’m Hilbert, the champion of Unova from Nuvema town. I teach breeding for seniors, I hope you will go easy on me, seeing as I have turned eighteen not too long ago.”

Hilbert quickly handed the microphone to Calem: “Um… Hi, my name is Calem, the Kalos region champion and I am going to be a student here. I’m sixteen so I’ll be with the freshmen and I am a battle major in House Mew. Um, I didn’t actually volunteer for the show-case battle but I hope you enjoy it and… um… let’s have a great time, I guess.”



© 2014 Kane


Author's Note

Kane
Chapter 3 :D by the way, I posted this on fanfiction.net under the link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10869117/1/Pok%C3%A9mon-X-and-Y-Elitist-Academy
where it went up to chapter 4 already cause yolo

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on November 20, 2014
Last Updated on December 5, 2014


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane