Chapter 2: Let's talk a bit.

Chapter 2: Let's talk a bit.

A Chapter by Kane

Calem couldn’t believe what he had just read. He had met Professor Oak once and knew that the Professor was very kind and caring, but stern when necessary. And Calem respected that, but a school full of trainers, maybe his friends from the other regions were there as well. He felt excited, he wanted to go there. But he would have to see about that, considering that it was probably a boarding school and so he would need the permission of a guardian. But then he remembered something, his mom had given this to Diantha, who in turn had given it to him, so his mother probably knew. He walked over to the others and put the letter in front of him, Diantha closely following.

“So, what house are you in?” Calem asked. Tierno stopped reading to look up and said: “Me? I'm in house Ludicolo! Where people strive to fulfill their dreams!"

“House Eevee, where your possibilities are endless,” Trevor said and Shauna nodded in approval.

“And you, Serena?” Calem asked.

“House Mew, where Legends meet,” Serena said and Tierno immediately added: “I'm still jealous of that, House Mew you cannot attend unless they see you as a potential legend or are one already. The best Pokémon coordinators, battlers, and breeders and so on, all go to House Mew.”

“So I'm considered as a potential Legend then,” Calem stated. Surprisingly, Trevor commented on that statement:

“You're not a potential Legend, you are already a Legend! Youngest Champion in maybe the entire world, savior of Kalos from an evil team, catcher of Legendaries, the list is endless!” Shauna and Tierno nodded. To back up Trevor’s statement, but Calem was having none of it:

“Well seems like each region has one of us. I know a breeder who can breed legendary Pokémon. That is a true feat. I had help from my Pokémon and from you guys, so how can I be called a Legend if nothing was achieved truly by me alone.”

“You're good, very good. You have eight badges for each region don't you?” Serena, who had stayed silent for so long, suddenly asked that question.

Calem was silent. The silence was enough of an answer for them. Calem hadn't only traveled, he had also beaten every gym. A feat he had done in five years. Nobody could boast a faster time, nobody. He also belonged to the youngest trainers to win the Pokémon league, and just barely missed fastest time to collect the first eight badges and finish the league by two days. The one who was faster? The legendary trainer who had never lost, Red.

While the information started to sink in, Calem started to drink a mug of hot chocolate, in order to avoid any conversations. He noticed when he was done though, that he had just dug his own grave. Now he had no more way out of an uncomfortable topic without being rude.

Tierno was the first to speak: “So, did you become champion of any other region?”

Calem swallowed hard before answering: “Well, not officially…”

“What do you mean, not officially?” Trevor quickly asked.

“I did win against the other champions, but not in an official Pokémon league battle,” Calem reluctantly answered.

Silence that was the only word with which one could describe the café. Then Diantha asked a question, a question that was on everyone's mind: “What about Red?”

“Red? Yeah I met him,” Calem began, a smile decorating his face, “I met him, I battled him and I lost. Well he taught me a lot about battles and I in turn taught him a bit about the Pokémon in the rest of the world. He did give me a great farewell gift though… Whoops.” Calem’s eyes widened and he quickly grabbed a pokéball. He threw it into the air and a Jolteon came out. The Jolteon crackled with electricity and Calem was on his knees, his hands held together.

“Vee, I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to hold you in your pokéball for too long. Can you forgive me?” The Jolteon didn’t stop looking mad, but the electricity disappeared.

“Um, how about Deluxe Poképuffs?” Calem asked. Vee smiled and changed into an Eevee, something that made everyone’s mouth drop. Vee jumped onto Calem’s shoulder and people got a better look on it. Vee was a very light shade of gray, something defined as a shiny. Calem had two shiny Pokémon. Something very few could actually say in this world.

Calem grabbed Vee and held it up: “Guys, meet Vee. Red gave me this little guy as a farewell gift. He’s special not only in the sense that he’s shiny, but also because he can turn into any eeveelution and back again. Like Red’s Eevee, well because this is Red’s Eevee’s kid.”

Serena stroked the Eevee while it was still in Calem’s grasp, but Vee broke out of it and jumped into her lap, cuddling into it. Calem smiled as he saw Serena looking at Vee fondly and stroking his fur.

“Anyway, is there anything I need to know about Royal academy?” Calem quickly tried to change the conversation away from him, and it worked.

“Well, it was opened this year so everyone will be a first year so to speak. Apparently some champions will go there to teach and gym leaders will also do the teaching. Anyway, there are the houses: House Mew, House Ludicolo, and House Eevee. Then there is normal classes like mathematics, languages etc. and then there are the majors. The majors consist of: Battling, breeding, coordinating, exploring and even just simple Science!” Trevor explained, excited.

“By the way, I’ll be teaching a bit of battling and coordinating,” Diantha stated in a matter of fact tone, “oh and Calem, Kalos champion and former champion are both obligated to participate in a show match. Considering that you are the only one to have beaten me you will have to fight in front of a crowd.”

“Wait, me? But… Ethan?” Calem asked.

“He’s going to teach,” Diantha answered.

“Brendan?”

“Teacher.”

“Lucas?”

“Teacher.”

“Hilbert?”

“Teacher.”

“How old is Hilbert?”

“Eighteen, he just barely passed eligible age.”

“So… he’s two years older than me?”

“Yes indeed, he is.”

“Dang it! Okay, so… wait, why aren’t they doing their own matches?”

“Well…. They are, it’s just that you will be the only student who is also participating.”

“So wait, Red against Blue, Ethan against Lance, Brendan against… Steven or Wallace?” Calem asked.

“Steven, he decided to participate.” Diantha explained.

“Okay, Lucas against Cynthia, Hilbert against Alder, and then me against you.” “Yes, but maybe Hilbert’s little brother will follow soon.”

“Oh yeah, Nate is started his journey already. How far in is he?” Calem asked.

“As far as I know, he is soon going to challenge Hilbert or Iris, depending on Hilbert’s mood.”

Just as Calem was about to say something, his new holocaster rang in Tierno’s hand. He took it into his hand and answered: “Yes? Calem speaking, how may I help you?”

“Ah yes, Calem,” Professor Oak’s voice came through, “good to see you again, I called to find out what your answer to the invitation is.”

“Um, how did you get my number?”

“I have my means. Anyway, answer please.”

“Oh yes, I am accepting.”

“Wonderful, I will keenly await you and your friends at the start of term in four days.”

“What? Four days? Why was I not informed of this?” Calem asked in panic.

“Your mother was informed, I thought she would have told you.”

“MOM!” Calem shouted, running out of the café and ending the call with Professor Oak.



© 2014 Kane


Author's Note

Kane
Yay Chapter 2... Woo

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on November 19, 2014
Last Updated on November 27, 2014


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane