The Preamble

The Preamble

A Chapter by Carrie Manor

Louis M-, and his high school buddies Nathen S-, and Donald ‘Don’ R- formed their band in high school while the three of them were sophomores. They named themselves Louis and the Leo’s, thus, their legend was born. And the name, Louis and the Leo’s stood the test of the time. All three of them made a pack, and dropped out of high school in the middle of their junior year to hit the road.

On one of their gigs, Nathen brought Shirley W-, ‘Shrill-Thrill’ on the scene as their first girl backup singer.

Their band manager was Don’s dad, Rick R-. Louis didn’t mind, he loved the opportunity of getting to travel, tour America and see the sights. Nathen and Rick took care of the gigs, and Don was left in charge of taking care of the instruments, everything was good.

Well, after about a year or so on the road their finances were drained. Louis booked everything; every little expense and venture. But, the money just wasn’t their as it should have had been. Nate, and Rick had partied it all up. No one knew about Don. Shrill Thrill ran her own little business on the side, they knew where she was.

Louis had enough heart troubles as it was....... He had had enough, really. The four of them, along with Don’s Dad had rented a rather large apartment in the bay coastal city of S--, for the time being.  Louis knew he really needed sometime just to himself. Thus he rented an apartment within the small city:



© 2012 Carrie Manor


Author's Note

Carrie Manor
This part is just to serve as an introduction. I didn't want the main plot to focus around how the band was formed and hit the road, etc.,. However, most of what is mentioned briefly in the plot will shed some light later.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on October 8, 2012
Last Updated on October 8, 2012


Author

Carrie Manor
Carrie Manor

About
Bonjour! My name is Carrie Manor. Believe it or not but I’m eighteen years old. I’m not to particular fond of computers or the internet, but I enjoy this opportunity to share my writing a.. more..

Writing