Chapter 3: "Yorker Girl"

Chapter 3: "Yorker Girl"

A Chapter by Carrie Manor

Chapter 3

“ Yorker Girl”



“ Ugh,” Delinda said stepping back into the house, Louis’s Cd in her sweatshirt pocket, “ another druggy moved in next door.” 

A young girl stepped forward. She was of average height and had a tad of a plump stature. She dressed nice, not overly though. A pair of dark blue jeans, and a nice looking top. Her hair was very long, it trailed to her bottom. It was shimmery, a light brown color with strokes of a light blonde nicely intermixed. She was rather average looking with plain features. She is Delinda’s niece.

The girl’s face fell, “ Oh! Delinda!” She said rather reproachably, with a sigh in her voice. 

“ Well,” Delinda said pulling the CD from her sweatshirt pocket. “ You saw him?”

The girl made a wry face, “ Yeah, but..” She paused collecting her thoughts. Her eyes shifting towards the floor, where Elsie was wagging her white tail happily at her. She looked back up, “ I don’t know. Should we judge him?” Camilla recalled seeing the pale skin, dark hair, and pinstripe purple jeans, and something gleaming from the bottom of his lip.

Delinda’s dark rimmed glasses fell to the bridge of her nose. “ Camilla, I’ve seen so many of them in my day.”

Camilla didn’t look at her aunt, she just pulled out a chair, and sat down. Tipper and Elsie came up, the both of them playfully scrapping over who should get dibs on Camilla’s lap. Elsie gave Tip the ‘evil eye’ and Tip got the hint, and with a bark darted into the living room. Elsie began looking at Camilla with her deep brown eyes. 

“ Oh, no Else!” Camilla said.

The dog’s head tipped, she raised her ears.

“ No Elsie Boo!” Camilla said gently, but firmly.

Elsie growled, and pounced her tiny feet on the tile. 

Camilla’s interest was wavering. “ What did he give you?” she asked her aunt.

“ He says he’s a musician.” Delinda pulled the CD out, and turned it this way, and that, though she barely glanced at it.

Camilla’s eyebrows raised, “ Really? Could I look at it?”

Delinda handed it to Camilla.

Camilla held it carefully in her hands. The cover didn’t impress her to much. But, the rearing lion was kinda cool. She smiled, and laughed when she read aloud: “ Louis and the Leo’s.”

Camilla turned it over and skimmed down a few of the titles. It sounded kinda cool. “ Could I listen to it?” She asked peering up at her aunt.

Delinda shrugged, “ I don’t care, but, we don’t know what it really is.” She knew how sensitive her niece could be sometimes.

Camilla shrugged, “ Well, I can turn it off if it’s really anything bad.”


~

Later that evening when Camilla came home with her mom, she was very eager to listen to it. 

As she plopped herself into her sitting chair, she was understanding of not having to high of expectations. It was only a demo CD anyways. The record company was probably the groups own.

Camilla placed the CD in her player, she scanned the back. One song title really caught her eye, that was “ Yorker Girl”,  track three. She hit the play button....







© 2012 Carrie Manor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on October 29, 2012
Last Updated on October 29, 2012


Author

Carrie Manor
Carrie Manor

About
Bonjour! My name is Carrie Manor. Believe it or not but I’m eighteen years old. I’m not to particular fond of computers or the internet, but I enjoy this opportunity to share my writing a.. more..

Writing