Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Carrie Manor
"

excerpt: " Louis felt a tear rundown his face. “ I’ll come back for you, someday. Don’t ever forget.” Louis clenched the letter. His head fell to the counter. "

"

Chapter 5


Rick informed Louis and the Leo’s that their contract officially began in six months. So, by the end of the summer they would be heading out to California to begin recording. In the meantime, swinging through the states they’d be able to tour too. Louis was completely psyched. The inspiration was pouring in, finally after all theses hard rocks they finally reached the grass. It had always been Louis’s dream to really get to see the states. He couldn’t wait to get back out on the road.

Yet, every party has to come to end. For Nathen, Don, and Shirley though, that wasn’t the case. They wouldn’t let it be, they had decided to really party it up at a club that night. Louis strayed away. He walked back to his apartment instead.

By the time Louis had meandered home the sun was quickly beginning to set. He sat on the edge of his bed, he pressed his hand against his heart. No pain, physically, anyways. Just a void, his chest never felt so hollow before. He tried, he tried so hard to remind himself. “ Lu, what the H*ll? You’re finally gonna get to see the States, you might have a hit in Cali, why aren’t you happy?” 

It seemed so much darker in the city that night. Louis turned his head around to his bedroom door, a pair of eyes met him. It was only Gene Simmon’s eyes, glaring from the reflection of a street lamp to Louis’s Kiss poster. 

It was then Louis realized he hadn’t checked the mail today. He shot with a bolt of lightning out of his room, into the kitchen, down the cold creaky stairway. He swung open the door at the end of the stairway. He opened the mailbox and removed a thick pack of envelopes. His nerves reverberated with anxiety. 

He fumbled his way back up the stairs. He dropped the mail below a little light in the kitchen, he began to flip through it quickly; ads, bills, ads: ‘Ooh, Rolling Stone’ Nope, but that wasn’t it. 

Finally, Louis’s face brightened up, more so then the little light. In his hand he held  a piece of paper folded up to be an envelope. Written in red crayon was his name and address, in the corner was the name of his brother.

Louis carefully removed the clever dinosaur sticker to unfold the letter. In ginormous, sloppy hand writing Louis read: 


Louis, I like school this year, I want you here, but my teachers real nice. Im goin out for baseball in spring. Did you do baseball? Marc wants to make the team to. Mom loves you, she says hi. She cries sometimes, I do to. She doesnt look so thirsty like she was before you leaved us. I want your cd, I wish youd come back.

You’re brother. 



Louis felt a tear rundown his face. “ I’ll come back for you, someday. Don’t ever forget.” Louis clenched the letter. His head fell to the counter. He couldn’t fight the tears anymore. 



© 2012 Carrie Manor


Author's Note

Carrie Manor
Please feel free to review. I think this book needs a lot of constructive criticism.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on November 28, 2012
Last Updated on November 28, 2012


Author

Carrie Manor
Carrie Manor

About
Bonjour! My name is Carrie Manor. Believe it or not but I’m eighteen years old. I’m not to particular fond of computers or the internet, but I enjoy this opportunity to share my writing a.. more..

Writing