The willow trees

The willow trees

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Some words.

"


The willow trees



Old poet told the girl. We must try to go back to where we were,
if we can.

The bright eyed girl asked with wonder, dear poet, I come to you by the willow trees daily. Every morning, I find you sitting alone with the books of Hemingway and Salinger. Are you seeking memories, salvation or waiting? He looked at her with sad eyes and he whispered. I tried to return to where I began. I stood in my place, I called home. I was a stranger now and no-one knew my name. I watched the city where I roamed as a child. I found memories of safe place and kind people. Now I did not belong.

She took his hands and she kissed them. She whispered, everyday we share bread and coffee, you read my work with gentle and kind eyes. You make me want to write, to travel and you taught me. When you give everything away and escape the safety of home. Maybe home, is where we lay our head, when our body is tired?

The poet smiled and he told her. My kindest friend, you do listen to me. But my pretty friend, you must write your own story, you must paint your own picture of life. Life can be dirty or clean, sweet or painful, wonderful or sad. Us, who love to write. I believe we love the dirt more than the sugar.

The girl looked at the sky and she held the poet and she sang to him.

"The willow trees near,
you and I.

We are,
just gypsy hearts,
dancing and singing to the rising sun.

We don't want to be saved,
we don't want to be captured or locked-away.

We are just the butterflies knowing,
we shall find our proper place.

We whispered quiet prayers.
Love be right,
love me long,
love me as-is.

Please Willow trees,
allow me to dance with thee."

The poet kissed the girl forehead and her face-cheeks. He whispered. My greatest honor was to befriend you. You make me laugh and feel safe. You are right dear friend. Dear home is where we can rest, where we are not strangers and where someone knows our name.

                             Dancing Coyote

© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i just love how you mix storytelling with your poems...and both go together like two parts of the same word, the same feeling, the same emotion.
and we are always there in the story, observing from close by...your imagery, your scene setting is always spot on.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob. I appreciate the comment my friend.



Reviews

You've put - 'just words' Love can be expressed in many ways. You've done that admirably!

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I appreciate the kind words.
Dear poet,
This is such an amazing piece of work where you have done an outstanding job mixing storytelling with a poem. I felt like I was sitting somewhere near, looking at them while they were conversing.

I’d like to point out two lines where I thought you could make some changes.

“Maybe home, is where we lay our head when our body is tire?”
In this line, I think the final word should have been ‘tired’.

“Us, who love to write. I believe we love the dirt more than the sugar.”
Here, I think it should have been a ‘comma’ after write, because it isn’t a complete sentence.

Regards


Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the help. I do appreciate.
i just love how you mix storytelling with your poems...and both go together like two parts of the same word, the same feeling, the same emotion.
and we are always there in the story, observing from close by...your imagery, your scene setting is always spot on.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob. I appreciate the comment my friend.
We whispered quiet prayers.
Love be right,
love me long,
love me as-is.

I really love this part, This is so good.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Another great story, John. Its true we can never go back to those old memories...we need to make new ones.
I hope you have a poem to read to the bride tonight. Congratulations.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you Ted. Dear daughter had a wonderful wedding.
As I read, I felt myself like a little kid, sitting in this Willow, listening and watching the interaction of these two.
Tender, and rich in wisdom Coyote.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. Good to listen to people, who has lived.
Renée

4 Years Ago

My pleasure to read ( :
I always leave your words Coyote feeling satisfied and understanding more about the wisdom of life. It is always a pleasure reading you and I thank you for that.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you dear Chris. I appreciate your kind words.
Chris Shaw

4 Years Ago

You are very welcome. I noticed your response to John, so I wish you a very happy day today on the m.. read more
Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

A busy day and thank you dear Chris.
Another beautifully described scenario where two people connect and give love as fellow humans. There is an elegance, a grace in this piece.The mix of prose and song is very enjoyable Coyote John

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you John. I will return and read tonight. One of my daughters getting marry today. Keeping me,.. read more
John Alexander McFadyen

4 Years Ago

Have a wonderful wedding!
Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you John.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 27, 2019
Last Updated on July 30, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Devilish Devilish

A Poem by Giulia King