Morning's Trifles

Morning's Trifles

A Poem by Cherrie Palmer

Upon the vista,
Morning's trifles glean.
Day's wafting breath stirs,
tender blades of green.
Then boldly a cresting smile,
sits on the horizon,
and awakes hope anew.

© 2022 Cherrie Palmer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cherrie, consider as a test taking out “of green” and just utilize the alliteration of breath, blades, boldly, and see what you think. This is a nice slice of time so I am not critical but curious.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Time to catch up. Glad I did. The idea of a rising or setting sun as a smile is excellent poetic stuff! One of your brief poems that reads endless. Nice!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Another Beauty from your sunray pen~ uplifting to the senses. filling the heart with hope🧡💚💛

Posted 1 Year Ago


The break of day and with it comes new opportunity. Yesterday is in the past. Today offers hope. Each new day is a blessing. Sunrise is my favourite time of day. This is a beautifully visual little piece Cherrie. Lovely work.

Chris

Posted 1 Year Ago


Cherrie Palmer

1 Year Ago

Good morning Chris and thank you I hope you have a blessed day today.
Yes the beginning is end for another day.
Thank you for sharing.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Cherrie Palmer

1 Year Ago

Thank you Mauricio
each dawn brings a new start, sometimes it's like second chance to be good to yourself and others...

Posted 1 Year Ago


Cherrie Palmer

1 Year Ago

So true and hopefully the new day will be outstanding.
I was sort of lucky. We had a 5:30 walk-up in my Army days. I was station at Fort Ord, California. You could see the sea, the moon and the sun passing each other dear Cherrie. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry. I did like.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago


Cherrie Palmer

1 Year Ago

That is one of my favorite things watching the sun and moon sharing the horizon.
would be so if true
looks to me mother nature is pissed!
bigger larger more dangerous storms
surging temps
might even be a vegan dismayed by damages done in our quest for meats!
but yes, the earliest of dawn gives a glimmer of hope, even if done in jest!

your consistency of write draws me in like a magnet ... so well done!

Posted 1 Year Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Cherrie Palmer

1 Year Ago

Hello 👋 just noticed you had stopped by for a vist and I'd like to thank you.
I agree wit.. read more
Your last three lines made ME smile, Cherrie! I can just see mother nature smiling as she oversees the dawning of a new day. A delightful write!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Cherrie Palmer

1 Year Ago

First light is my favorite time of day. Life always feels new and freshly adorned.
An awe inspiring piece that captures nature in its awakening. A picturesque vision that is memorable to the heart. Very nice work Cherrie.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Cherrie Palmer

1 Year Ago

Thank you Carlos

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 20, 2022
Last Updated on May 21, 2022

Author

Cherrie Palmer
Cherrie Palmer

Oakland, AR



About
I am a published poet and love poetry. I live near the White River, and love trout fishing. I find my surroundings a great inspiration to me. I also have two books on Amazon Kindle: Obsession Starts.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..