Clothed In Grace

Clothed In Grace

A Poem by Cherrie Palmer
"

my granny

"

Clothed in grace she gently moves.

 Peace and love lace her shoes.

Heaven’s favor guides her steps,

And that same nectar is her scent.

Her smile is gentle and her eyes the same.

And her prayers are humble as she makes her claim.

© 2023 Cherrie Palmer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, she must be such a perfect Granny.
I knew one of mine for a few years in NY....
This reminds me of her.
My dad's mom.

Posted 4 Months Ago


Cherrie Palmer

4 Months Ago

She was amazing in every way. I miss her.
Such a beautiful and delicate piece of brevity dear Cherrie. I have an image of your granny planted in my mind. May 2024 be kind to you as you learn to live with your deep loss.

Chris

Posted 4 Months Ago


So beautiful and extraordinary... a true Poetess whose Love is woven into the atmosphere forever... Amen... Pat

Posted 4 Months Ago



The mention of her gentle smile and eyes conveys a sense of tranquility and kindness. These physical attributes are linked to her inner qualities, suggesting a harmonious connection between her outer and inner self.
The phrase "Her prayers are humble as she makes her claim" indicates a sincere and modest connection with the divine. It suggests that she seeks guidance and support through prayer, emphasizing humility in her spiritual practices.

Symbolism:

The use of "grace," "peace," and "love" symbolizes virtues that are often associated with goodness, kindness, and a spiritual connection.
The reference to "Heaven’s favor" symbolizes divine blessings and protection.
Describing her prayers as "humble" implies a genuine and modest approach to seeking spiritual guidance.
Rhythm and Flow:

"Clothed In Grace" has a gentle and flowing rhythm, mirroring the calm and graceful demeanor of the subject. This rhythm contributes to the overall sense of peace and tranquility conveyed in the poem.
Overall Theme:

The overarching theme of the poem seems to be the portrayal of a woman who embodies qualities of grace, peace, and divine connection.

The poem celebrates her virtues and suggests that she moves through life with a sense of spiritual guidance and humility.

In summary, this poem uses vivid imagery, symbolism, and a gentle rhythm to paint a portrait of a woman whose character is defined by grace, peace, love, and a deep connection with the divine.

The language used creates a soothing and harmonious atmosphere, reinforcing the positive qualities attributed to the subject.



Posted 4 Months Ago


Wow heavenly mother , women and sister we love or just an angel never seen love the image it brings hope, excellent write. Thank for sharing your love, happy new year.

Posted 4 Months Ago


Cherrie Palmer

4 Months Ago

Happy New Year and thank you so much

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

327 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 29, 2023
Last Updated on December 30, 2023

Author

Cherrie Palmer
Cherrie Palmer

Oakland, AR



About
I am a published poet and love poetry. I live near the White River, and love trout fishing. I find my surroundings a great inspiration to me. I also have two books on Amazon Kindle: Obsession Starts.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Share.. Share..

A Poem by emmajoy


Heaven Heaven

A Poem by lightsong