Chapter 2: A Mission Failed

Chapter 2: A Mission Failed

A Chapter by Dead Angel
"

One mission was a disaster but another is in the making

"

   Rio was walking down a dark corridor toward Zankou's office. Its been almost an hour since their failed mission and though Zankou didn't show it, he was extremely disappointed. As he was walking up to the big maple doors, he saw Tank and Resputia , the other lycans involved in the fight, waiting.

   "Out of the infirmary I see." Rio said

   Tank and Resputia were treated for their wounds since they were shot with silver bullets from William's gun, so they had to suffer with getting them pulled out.

   "It's gonna take more than silver bullets to stop me." Tank said. He was the perfect example of a brute; big, muscular, and enough strength to crush a skull with his bare hands, and that's in his human form. He stood to the right of Rio wearing an open grey vest that showed his broad chest and black jeans.

   "Oh yes, so that wasn't you screaming like a little girl when they were plucking out the bullets." Resputia replied standing up against the wall in her red tank top and black leather pants. She and Rio began giggling.

   Tank snarled at the both of them but knew better than to challenge Rio. Rio was half Tank's size but his physical appearence isn't what keeps him from fighting him. Rio was very intelligent and witty, add that with a taste for blood and gore and you've got a psychotic werewolf. He just stood there staring at Tank in his black T-shirt and blue jeans.

   "Oh relax Tank it was just a joke. We're already in enough trouble without you adding to the fire." Resputia said.

   "What makes you think all three of us are in trouble Resputia?" Rio added.

   She was about to respond when the doors opened up. Rio and Tank stood up straight and Resputia fixed her hair and straightened out her clothes.

   They walked into this big elagant room that had book cases line the walls and leather furniture was displayed throughout the room. Zankou was staring out of two large glass doors that led into a balcony. He was wearing a black, long sleeve shirt that had blood red vertical lines and blank slacks. His hands were behind his back and all three knew he did that while he was thinking; so they stood in front of the desk that was in the center of the room and stayed quiet. Finally he turned around and stared at them.

   "I am very disappointed." He said. "All you had to do was find the human without alerting the vampires but you couldn't even do that. Instead you gallavant all over the city rising their suspicions and now she's in their care." There was a hint of aggravation in his voice which made Tank and Resputia nervous; Rio just stood there smiling.

   Resputia walked up to him flirtaciously and hugged his right arm. "Oh Zankou, we are very sorry we failed you. Let us make it up to you...let me make it up to you." She playfully said as she rubbed her hand across his face.

   Zankou rolled his eyes and removed her grasp. "I want you and Tank to go and round up the best hunters we have for the next mission." Resputia pouted at her rejection and began walking out of the room with Tank. "Oh by the way," They stopped and faced their leader. "You don't want to fail me again, trust me." He gave them a threatening look; they nodded and left the room.

   Zankou walked over to the desk and grabbed a cigar when Rio spoke.

   "I see Resputia's infatuation with you hasn't ceased." He said

   "No it hasn't; its getting a bit of annoying though." He cut the end of the cigar and lit it with a match. He walked over and sat on one of the sofas and motioned for Rio to join him.

   "So tell me, how do you know this girl knows the whereabouts of Devon?" Rio asked

   "I wasn't until tonight. I followed her all day, I could smell his scent coming off of her and even in her apartment. It was faint, but still there."

   "But Devon has been missing for two weeks. The only reason we know he got help from a human is because of that scarf we found in his room, how can hes scent still linger?"

   "That's what I was thinking, so I thought he may be closer than we think. But tonight as I was watching her in the club, I saw his necklace around her neck. That's how I could still smell him and how I know she's the one we want."

   "So what do we do with her when she tells us what we want to know?"

   "Oh I dunno, I'll probably keep her as a pet. She's not that bad looking."

   Rio and Zankou began laughing deviously. Zankou took a few puffs from his cigar and begain going over the plan for retrieveing the girl.



© 2008 Dead Angel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the way you are creating this. Definately your writing is improving and moving in a new direction. This chapter, in particular, is coming alive with descriptions and characters that are easy to imagine. Possibly the only downfall here - which is a WC downfall, is that the chapter needs more in it. I was left wondering what would happen next after only reading a short snippet. However, if you are clever - as I know you are - the whole work will be revamped at the end if you regard the whole concept worthy of lights higher than WC. This is going well and so far shows great promise.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

*jumps up and down tail waggin* Keep writing!! I love your story so far, damn I wish mine were that good hmphf! Anyways, Keep writing, I'll be watching for it.

-Mikky

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really enjoy your writing. It has a nice flow about it. The one thing that I noticed was that it was written in the present tense. That drives me nuts, and I know it is just a matter of preference... but I don't know. You have a good concept going here and I like how you are showing both points of view. Also, you have good resoning behind why they are able to track the girl. Most writers would just state that they were tracking her and not give the reasons behind it. Nice follow through. I am excited for the next instalment.

Jocelyn Elizabeth

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

And the plot thickens! I was a little surprised at the girl flirting with the leader when they were in such trouble...they seemed to have taken their failure a little lightly. I would have liked to see 'em sweat it out a little more. I like the give and take between the characters, though, and that they are following someone else's scent on the girl....keeps it firmly placed in their abilities as werewolves. It's a good follow up to the first bit....and an intruiging story. so far so good!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
pal
The best in this piece .. is in its construction and characterization.
bravo.
pal

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very nice.

I love the combination, of love and action- they're both so� extreme.
This chapter wakens a little curiosity, concerning this Devon guy.

Hope you post the next chapter soon.

A.M.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the way you are creating this. Definately your writing is improving and moving in a new direction. This chapter, in particular, is coming alive with descriptions and characters that are easy to imagine. Possibly the only downfall here - which is a WC downfall, is that the chapter needs more in it. I was left wondering what would happen next after only reading a short snippet. However, if you are clever - as I know you are - the whole work will be revamped at the end if you regard the whole concept worthy of lights higher than WC. This is going well and so far shows great promise.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I was absolutely amazed by the way you portrayed your characters. It was interesting. I found a few grammatical and spelling errors though but they're not like that prominent. What's more prominent was the overall story, the adventure through this chapter. I did find something a miss but I haven't figured out what it is. Overall, I liked it. Nice job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

The character development here is interesting. Though the story has been done so many times before, you have added a nice quality to this one. XX

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

very interesting piece .... love the character development you have put into this and I like werewolves so this made it an very enjoyable read... Great job on this one!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Werewolves......ick. lol Now I can't wait to see what's gonna happen. This story is coming along nicely!!!

Heather

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 13, 2008
Last Updated on August 12, 2008


Author

Dead Angel
Dead Angel

Weslaco, TX



About
Use our Free Myspace Banner Maker! Click Here! View my page on Poetry Flow Hello! If you are reading this then you either heard about me from a friend or your just browsing. My writing comes fr.. more..

Writing
New Life New Life

A Book by Dead Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..