Session 23 - The Doc Returns

Session 23 - The Doc Returns

A Chapter by Max Earns
"

Some silly script that I had going on for a while...

"

Session 23

Several Stories to keep my sanity.

Type: Unknown.


On Music...


Doc. Johanessan: OK, Skid, so there was a interesting point brought up in our last session, thus due to time we weren't able to discuss the situation.


Hernandez: Oh yeah, and what was this "point".


Doc. Johanessan: Music.


Hernandez: Music?


Doc. Johanessan: Yes, that's what I stated, didn't I?


Hernandez: I know you stated it but what about it?


Doc. Johanessan: What is "it"?


Hernandez: It, music, what about music?


Doc. Johanessan: I don't know, you tell me, you brought it up.


Hernandez: No, you just brought it up right now.


Doc. Johanessan: Let's not get carried away here ok. Let's stick to the subject at hand. Tell me, how does music take a part in your life.


Hernandez: I love music. It is my passion. Music is my life. There is one other thing that I care deeply about in this world. Everything else is nothing to me. Music and the subject I will not, let me repeat this, THE SUBJECT I WILL NOT talk about are the only two things that really matter to me in this world. Without them I will die. Now, as much as I love music, I consider it a curse that I will forever have to live with.


Doc. Johanessan: A curse? Why?


Hernandez: A curse due to the fact that music has you imprisoned. There is an invisible line that separates people. Those born to do the will of the Arts and those not born under the will.


Doc. Johanessan: I don't understand, you're not making any sense. This is utter nonsense.


Hernandez: LISTEN! You wouldn't understand because you weren't born under the will. You wouldn't know how every thunderous night feels in your head. You wouldn't understand every memory that is locked away forever in the back of your mind but you are still tormented by it. You wouldn't, because you weren't born that way. The people who follow the Arts are because they have been imprisoned by them. We were chosen to show the world the truth because if we spoke it, people won't understand so they need a different approach so they can realize the truth.


Doc. Johanessan: So you are telling me that there are two breeds of people. The ones with this "art" manifestation and those who are normal? I thought making music was a good thing. I thought that musicians, artists and writers are proud to have such wonderful talent to share with the world.


Hernandez: It is wonderful. And we love doing it. But deep in our minds we are forever tormented by images and situations. We are not manifested. That's not what I said. During a situation, we understand differently and more deeply than those who lack the ability to the arts. It is like if we are looking at the situation that is happening to us through a third person angle, when I guess the ones you call "normal" just view the situation through their own eyes. We are affected deeper and forever by them. This invisible "Art Society" has control of us day and night. Sleep is not an option because at any moment we will be called to deliver.


Doc. Johanessan: I still quite don't understand. Skid, you know that you are sounding mad, almost mental with with this "Art Society" and "normal people" thing. What torments you at night? Why can't you sleep? Insomnia? We can work something out, maybe have some people to keep watch of you for a couple of days.


Hernandez: What?! I'm not mental. Lady, this is simple. I play music and I can write music. That is what I am destined to do. Share with the world my music. That's what I meant... :speaks under breath: since you don't understand what I'm trying to say here.


Doc. Johanessan: Well, Skid, you should've said that. I'm still going to put a note here, for future refrence, about what you said just incase something happens. This little note can be a good thing or a bad thing. It just depends on the situation brought upon you. Well, that is it for now and in our next session we will discuss further into this subject since no answers were risen.



© 2019 Max Earns


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i agree that artists of all genres are able to see deeper into things that a 'normal' person cannot. i understand being tormented by unwanted memories. at least we have our art to comfort us and feel empowered. i like this piece written on a 'session'. excellent job.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 6, 2012
Last Updated on January 3, 2019


Author

Max Earns
Max Earns

In My Head, TX



About
I live through music. I play, I write and perform my feelings. Quite often you'll find me running around in my head. I'm a forgotten dreamer but I know one day reality will bump into me and say, "Hey!.. more..

Writing
Scars Scars

A Story by Max Earns