Session 13 - College

Session 13 - College

A Chapter by Max Earns

Several Stories to keep my sanity.

Type: Unknown.

College…

Doc. Johanessan: Ok Skid, hopefully this is effective unlike the previous ones we’ve had.

Hernandez: Uh ok.

Doc. Johanessan: Why have you decided that college wasn’t the best way to go?

Hernandez: Well, because I hate school and I hate studying.

Doc. Johanessan: Hate is such a strong word.

Hernandez: I know. And that’s the way I feel about it too. It’s a strong decision that I have made and I know it will affect the rest of my life. But that is what I will stand by.

Doc. Johanessan: Don’t start your sentences with but. It is inappropriate and immature.

Hernandez: (rolls eyes and whispers)Ugh, whatever.

Doc. Johanessan: I’m sorry, what was that?

Hernandez: What was what?

Doc. Johanessan: What you just did and said.

Hernandez: What did I do and say?

Doc. Johanessan: You rolled your eyes and whispered something under your breath. I’m not here to play games. I am here to help you out. You don’t cooperate with me Skid. Your mother is hoping with her dear heart that you change and that’s why she brought you to me. Your attitude does not help any.

Hernandez: I don’t need change! See, this is the reason why I attended college. Because so many people are counting on me to make something of myself. It’s like if I fail, they fail. And they can’t have that in their life. It’s either I do something and make them proud and in a way boost their ego because somehow, someway, they took part in it. Or it’s, “Good bye Skid, you don’t know me because you are a failure so please get away from my sight.”

Doc. Johanessan: Is that how you feel people take it as?

Hernandez: I don’t feel that way. I know they do.

Doc. Johanessan: Well, they just want what’s best for you. They would hate to see a friend fall. Who wouldn’t. Would you like your best friend to throw away her life because she felt people…

Hernandez: …were asking too much. I don’t have that high of expectations. I am a conformist to some degree. If it feels good I stick to it. I dislike change in various forms. And people ask too much of me and expect me to be some type of hero, which I can never be. Then I go on and blow up my chances and they get disappointed and say, “ I knew you couldn’t do it anyways.” Then they back away from my life so fast thinking I’m some kind of contagious disease.

Doc. Johanessan: Do you feel that you are alone in this world and there is no one who understands you? That is a very common feeling between teenagers and people your age. It is a very difficult time in your life. That is why I am here. To help you straighten out your thoughts and get your life together before it is too late and you make a wrong decision. Trust me, I have seen people, day after day, go into a great blur just because of one thing that they did wrong.

Hernandez: No way! I have my thoughts together. I have my life in order. I know what I am doing. I don’t need a cynic to tell me what is wrong. Just because I know what I want and you don’t agree with it doesn’t mean I’m going to end up wasting away everyday single little second of my life and curling into a big ball of depression in which you hope I do because that’ll get you more money since you have a say so in my mental state (that I know does not exist) and you can diagnose me with a disability which will have me coming back to see you. No way!

Doc. Johanessan: Have you been recommended anger management classes? I think those session as well as additional sessions with me will give you a bit of support on what you lack. You seem to steam up when some one attacks you indirectly.

Hernandez: NO! That’s bogus. See, this is what I am talking about. Making money off people who don’t even need this type of treatment. It’s all a conspiracy by all of you to keep money flowing through your pockets. What about the people who do need it. They are running out in the streets wild because they need help, yet they don’t have the money to stuff in your pockets and that’s why you won’t help them and ignore their situation.

Doc. Johanessan: Ok, we are far from the subject now. Please try to stick to today’s topic. Now tell me, what are you going to do?

Hernandez: Do about what?

Doc. Johanessan: Do about the situation that you have brought upon yourself.

Hernandez: It’s not a situation. It’s a decision that I have made, not brought upon myself.

Doc. Johanessan: Well, what are you going to do about it?

Hernandez: About what?

Doc. Johanessan: About what you just said.

Hernandez: About saying about what?

Doc. Johanessan: No, about your decision.

Hernandez: Oh, I am going to make music.

Doc. Johanessan: Do you think music will get you through life?

Hernandez: I believe it will. Many people say it’s a waste of time but it’s not. If I strongly believe in it and I if put my mind to it, I know I can make it.

Doc. Johanessan: Yes, but it is going to be hard and you need something to fall back on.

Hernandez: I know but…

Doc. Johanessan: Time is up. We’ll have to talk in the next session.

Hernandez: What?! No, I’m paying for this!

Doc. Johanessan: I’m sorry, Skid. I will have to recommend you to an anger management class. Due to your gruesome responses to authoritive decisions, inability to control the volume of your voice in a situation and lack of coping when attacked indirectly (like I said before). I will see that you get this help immediately. I will now discuss payment methods with your mother.

Hernandez: I can’t believe this, first you think I’m crazy. Then you think I need internship. And now you think I’m crazy and need anger management classes. WHAT KIND OF SYSTEM ARE YOU PEOPLE RUNNING?! OK, NOW THIS IS ME RAISING MY VOICE! OR TO YOU IT MIGHT BE BARGING MY HEAD OFF SINCE YOU THINK I RAISE MY VOICE AT AN ATTENDABLE SITUATION! I’M NOT GOING TO PUT UP WITH ANYMORE NON SENSE OF THE SORT. YOU ARE BY FAR THE WORST PERSON TO HELP PEOPLE. YOU BRAIN WASH AND MAKE THEM BEILVE THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. You are right about something, though. It's all in the mind. That's what you do best... play with their minds.

-Slams door shut-
(walks out and slams the door)


© 2019 Max Earns


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh wow.
I didn't want to stop reading it.
I want to know what the decision lead to.
I also feel like that the distrust in authorities was proved to him by how the doctor reacted.
It is strange that teenagers worry about the inequality of wealth distribution, while the adults completely dismiss the reality that they are experiencing as a sickness.

The world is strange.
It's not weird that we need a platform like this to keep us sane in this insane world.
I will read more of your stories!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Max Earns

4 Years Ago

Thank you for reading this. When I was a teenager, I went through a very dark time. People told me t.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 3, 2019
Last Updated on January 5, 2019


Author

Max Earns
Max Earns

In My Head, TX



About
I live through music. I play, I write and perform my feelings. Quite often you'll find me running around in my head. I'm a forgotten dreamer but I know one day reality will bump into me and say, "Hey!.. more..

Writing
Scars Scars

A Story by Max Earns