Group Session Tapes 1

Group Session Tapes 1

A Chapter by Max Earns

-click-
-tape begins rolling-

Members: Smith, Hernandez, Payton, Grimes, Torres.

Doc. Johanassen: Ehem. I have put together 5 groups targeting substance abuse. I've strategically placed individuals in these groups according to how I perceive they will interact with each other. My hopes are that they will be of positive influence to one another.

Session begins.

Doc. Johanassen: Alright, ladies, please take a seat.

Smith: Why are we here? Why do we have to do this?

Doc. Johanessan: You're here because each one of you has abused some kind of substance through addiction...

Hernandez: Um, I'm not an addict. I don't understand why I am here if my paper work clearly states that I have never touched drugs.

Doc. Johanessan: Ladies, we will raise our hands when we wish to speak. Speaking out of turn is rude to the speaker. I will not tolerate that kind of behavior.

-grunts-

Doc. Johanessan: Like I was saying, I have placed this group together because I believe that you 5 have characteristics that are compatible with each other. This is a substance abuse therapy group. We will talk about your addictions. We will go in depth slowly to root out the cause of such addictions. I will choose a topic at the beginning of group since I am the mediator. I run this group and I will navigate it according to how I see fit.

Torres: So basically, you'll tell us what to do, right?

Doc. Johanessan: No. You ladies need direction and if I feel that the ideas being presented are turning into the wrong directions, I will steer us back on track.

Torres: Yep, you'll tell us what we can and cannot say. This is dumb.

Hernandez: I agree. I'm not even supposed to be here. I don't have any stories to share.

Doc. Johanessan: Ladies, have I not made myself clear that we are to raise our hands if we wish to speak? And Hernandez, everyone is addicted to something...

Hernandez: Shouldn't you raise your hand too if you want to speak? And no, I'm not.

Smith: I don't want to be here.

Payton: I think this will be good for me. There's a lot of things I need to say. Thank you so much for doing this!

Hernandez: Can I leave?

Doc Johanessan: No. You have been assigned to this group and therefore participate.

Hernandez: I am. I'm talking. May I leave now?

Doc. Johanessan: No. You may not leave. Let's begin. Before you is a booklet that states the steps towards addiction. Addiction doesn't happen instantly. There are causes that lead towards addiction. There are situations that happen in a persons life that become intolerable for that person. Addiction, although thought of as an escape, is actually an entrapment.

Hernandez: I can honestly say, that I've gone through the healing process. I've already taken all these steps to recovery. May I leave, now?!

Doc. Johanessan: I need you to raise your hand if you wish to speak. Yes, Payton.

Payton: So, basically, I didn't know how to handle situations in my life and I turned to drugs as an escape but really... they trapped me? That's why I became addicted?

Smith: Duh. Everyone knows that.

Payton: I didn't.

Smith: Well, you're st...

Doc. Johanessan: Ladies! We will not insult each other. We are here to support one another in recovery. I see that time is now up. We will follow up tomorrow.

Hernandez and Smith: What? Tomorrow?

Doc. Johanessan: Yes, this is a daily group session. Y'all may go.

End Session.

-tape stops rolling-
-click.


© 2019 Max Earns


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on January 4, 2019
Last Updated on January 4, 2019


Author

Max Earns
Max Earns

In My Head, TX



About
I live through music. I play, I write and perform my feelings. Quite often you'll find me running around in my head. I'm a forgotten dreamer but I know one day reality will bump into me and say, "Hey!.. more..

Writing
Scars Scars

A Story by Max Earns