The Unburning Inferno

The Unburning Inferno

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

Jennebelle finds out that Jeremy is...

"

          I walked to school thinking about Jeremy. Wait don’t get the wrong idea… I don’t like him, but he really does pique my interest. I walked in with a backpack strap on one shoulder. Lost in thought I suddenly bumped into someone. Speak of the devil, Jeremy.

          “S-sorry” he quickly responded. He bowed his head then he ran off.

          …. Did he just bow his head? That’s just weird this is America not Asia. Or was he just looking at the floor like he always does?

          When I was at second period, which is science, we were in the lab today. Jeremy was daydreaming as usual and his partner, Byron, was stupid enough to play around with the Bunsen burner.

          Byron was looking away and sending notes around to his friend when the devil teacher wasn’t looking. He can be the definition of a stupid delinquent. Not looking at the table he put the Bunsen burner back on the tabl"On a sleeve. Once he did that, I started to smell smoke.

          Guess whose sleeve was burning. Jeremy’s sleeve, and what does he do? Nothing. Absolutely N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

          Now, the “normal” reaction would be a kid freaking out, screaming, and not thinking about “Stop, Drop, and Roll”, but for him, his nerves was on a vacation.

          Or maybe he’s a cyborg! I mean, he feels no pain, and he rarely wears an expression.

          He finally noticed that his sleeve was burning when everyone was staring at him as if he was burning but doing nothing about it. The teacher told him to put his lower arm in the cold water and stayed like that for a long time.

          I got a little interested so I glanced over at him. While he was daydreaming, I don’t know if I was imagining it or not, but while his hand was staying still in the water, small water blobs were starting to float around. I was tempted to ask him if he was malfunctioning because he was in water.

          When the bell rang and he came back to reality the blobs went straight back in the sink and he paid no attention to it. When I passed by him I looked over at his hand and there was no burn, no scar, and it didn’t even look like he was in pain. Maybe I didn’t sleep enough last night. Did I even put my contacts on? Crap. No wonder people were looking at me weirdly!

          I ran to the bathroom as fast as I could with my hands over my eyes opening a little hole. Thank goodness. It was on. Wait… then why were they staring at me? I looked down and noticed something embarrassing. My fly was open. I unzipped it inside a stall and eavesdropped an interesting conversation that satisfied and brought me back from my dying curiosity.

          I peeked through the stall door and saw their faces on the mirror that was placed above the sinks.

          They were talking about Jeremy.

          “Hey did you see what happened to Jeremy?”

          “Yeah! There was like no redness on him. Like what the hell?”

          “I know right? I remember a rumor when we were in elementary school the same thing happened.

          “Yeah! Didn’t you go to the same school as him?”

         “Yeah, like he totally burned a poor boy.”

          …That’s what Kathryn was talking about earlier. So it was true? But the fire thing…

          While I was walking back home, I saw Jeremy. I needed to ask him some things.

          I ran next to Jeremy.

           “Hi” I say happily. I saw his eyes glance at me and back to the road.

           “Hey why don’t you don’t talk much?”

           “Just my personality I guess.”

          Well at least the confusion of him looking down at the ground or he was bowing was solved. He was unsocial and a bit shy... but was the ground really that attractive?

          He was a weird guy. He doesn’t talk at all at school but when he’s outside he talks a lot. (Compared to how much he talks at school). I was observing his face from the side and since he won’t look I just kept observing because I thought I saw a large scar on his face but his hair was covering most of it.

          Also, you know when someone wears contacts there is and almost visible ring around your iris? I think I saw that. It was just bothering me.

          I got up really closed to him and I pushed back the side of his hair with my hand. He has scars just like me. “Are these scars?! And are you wearing contacts?!”

          I had a feeling… just a feeling that he was....  and the voice in my head was really similar to his and the situations were so well put together. I just needed to add the one piece to the puzzle to get everything laid out. So I asked bluntly. “What color are your eyes?”

          He flushed and I could almost see the nervousness in his eyes, “What are you talking about? It’s brown.”

          “No… What is the natural color of your eyes?” I say seriously.

          “I’d prefer not to say it… It will freak you out.”

          By now I knew he was just like me “Well, mine are red, do they freak you out?”

          “What, I don’t believe you,” Jeremy said bewildered.

          Out of frustration I took out my right eye’s lens and threw it on the floor. I had more at home and I wanted to show him that it was okay for him to tell me.

          My puzzle was finally complete. The puzzle said “twin brother”



© 2011 Jennifer


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Jennifer
EDITED!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on March 12, 2011
Last Updated on June 3, 2011


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Los Angeles, CA



About
☆I'm just your average middle school girl☆ A bit about me... Well first off, I'm 100% Korean. I was born in America so I'm kinda bad at Korean :P... It's kinda hard to have a conversati.. more..

Writing
Gift Gift

A Chapter by Jennifer


City Splendor City Splendor

A Chapter by Jennifer


Qualia Qualia

A Book by Jennifer