The Cat Went out of the Purse

The Cat Went out of the Purse

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

Kathryn is found out!

"

          I came in, sat on the floor to take off my shoes, and when I saw “them” I stared at them for a minute that seemed like an hour. They had surprised faces too. I stood up.

          I put one fist on my waist, “Can you please explain this to me?” I look at my dad “You too?”

          They sighed. “I guess we have to spill our secret now”

          I thought in my head: Secrets? Are you kidding me? Would it really have hurt me if you told me earlier?

          My dad explained, “Okay this woman that you’ve seen for the first time is m�",”

          However, someone slamming my door interrupted us. I started to get really impatient and someone DARED to jump in. Once I see the person’s face I’m going to�"

          “It’s me, Jeremy, can you please open the door now?”

          I opened the door. Ignoring my previous plan.

          “Mom where did you go while I was at school!?”

          “Ah. Jeremy how was your day?” she smiled.

          Wait. Pause, slow that down… Mom?! WHAT? I just couldn’t believe it.

          My dad continued, “�"my wife. And this girl here, Kathryn, is my assistant. She comes over sometimes and help us two by getting information about Black Days and how the Code Breakers use their powers and such”

          Oh so that’s what she meant by Leader. Pftt. My dad? A Leader? Then I started to laugh because I couldn’t believe it, and what the hell is Black Days?

          “I see” I went up the stairs to my room.

         “Also, it’s okay if you tell her about your powers because she already knows about you and Jeremy’s power. Sorry, I kept this a secret from you. Jeremy too.”

          I fell down the stairs hitting my head but I was too confused to register my injury.

          “How do you know Jeremy?!”

          “Hmm? Oh I always knew about him about being your twin and all”

          I stood up, glared at my dad, took Jeremy’s hand and ran out the front door.

          “Shouldn’t you chase after her?” Kathryn asked.

          “It’s okay I’m not surprised. She’ll come back later. Well they’re both at the age where we would promise to tell them about…you know.

            We started to walk and we faced each other and laughed. But what was dad was talking about?



© 2011 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on March 14, 2011
Last Updated on June 3, 2011


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Los Angeles, CA



About
☆I'm just your average middle school girl☆ A bit about me... Well first off, I'm 100% Korean. I was born in America so I'm kinda bad at Korean :P... It's kinda hard to have a conversati.. more..

Writing
Gift Gift

A Chapter by Jennifer


City Splendor City Splendor

A Chapter by Jennifer


Qualia Qualia

A Book by Jennifer