A True Rumor

A True Rumor

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

An unknown classmate is denying the fact that the twins are going out (when they aren't) and spreads a rumor that they are siblings! Including to that, a new meeting with the....?

"

          I went to school like any other day and walked with Jeremy. When we came in every one was chattering and when they saw us they stopped. Eve grabbed my arm and went to the hall.

          “Dude! There’s like this really big rumor about you guys.” She paused and looked if anyone was listening, “ Some stupid dude has been trying to deny the fact that you two are going out (when you’re not), and it’s about you two being siblings!”

          Once I heard that I laughed so hard that our class heard it.

          I came in and announced (still kind of laughing), “You guys. What’ s with this commotion when we really are sib�"Jeremy suddenly cupped his hand over my mouth.

          “Jeeze! What’s so bad about them knowing we’re siblings?”

          “J-Just don’t tell them! It’s so that people won’t think you’re weird. Especially because people don’t really like me”

          “Dude, get over it. They don’t hate you. Well, forget it. Want to let go of my face? I can’t breath and everyone’s staring”

          He let go embarrassed. He glared at me.

          “Sheesh. I won’t tell them,” I said walking to my seat.

          It was a bad reason but I was really mad. When going to lunch people were chasing us and kept interrogating us like we’re some criminals. I literally snapped so I glared and said, “Get away from me”

          The rest of the day we didn’t look at each other or talk to each other. This was the first time we actually got into a fight and I thought it was really stupid. I wanted to tell him sorry. I tried to say sorry through our minds but I said it out loud instead. They started to stare at me and I pretended that I said nothing by not paying attention to the stares. That was really weird because this has never happened to me.

          I went to Kathryn and asked her if she knows anything about it.

          “It’s probably because you’re in a fight.”

          “What? But what does that have to do with anything?” I questioned.

          “Well your minds are connected but when the mind is unstable the connection gets severed”

          “Oh. Well I guess that makes sense”

          “But the bad part is even if you’re stable. Jeremy is going to have to be stable too”

          “Well… I guess I’m just going to have to deal with it”

          When I came to class the next day, alone, all the students were in the corner. I looked at them confusingly and they apologized.

          “Did Jeremy say that we’re twins?” I said, but it was a misunderstanding and their chins dropped. Oh no.

          Jeremy came in and saw their expressions.

          “You told them huh? I just told them to apologize not that part!”

           “Ahh… I’m so sorry I didn’t know. Heh. Heh…” I scratched the back of my head, “Well at least the urge to tell them is gone. Yeah we’re twins we really don’t have any resemblance so I’m not surprised I had to tell you guys.

          I read their mind out of curiosity…

          “What? They were siblings…No Twins. This whole time?”

          “Yeah right! They don’t look similar at all…”

          “Well their academic skills are both quite good. They can be related in some ways I guess…”

          I started laughing after what I heard, and told Jeremy. During class it looked like Jeremy’s soul was being sucked out. But amidst all this chaos I got a phone call during lunch. It was my dad.

          “Hello?”

          “Sorry I know you’re in school, but come right now with Jeremy” Then the call ended. He said it so fast that I could tell it was an emergency.

          “What? Hello? Dad?” I looked at my phone and the conversation ended.

          “Sorry guys. I have an emergency. Tell the P.E teacher that I’ll explain tomorrow.” I stood up and ran towards Jeremy.

          I heard in the distance, “Wait but you can’t just ditch class!” it was Eve’s voice. I just looked back and smiled.

          I went to Jeremy and he was chatting with his friend, Dan, and when I went past him I slowed down and said:

          “Dad called. Emergency”

          He looked at me scared and that face made me even scared then ever because it looked like he knew what was going on. We ran and he told his friend, Dan, he had to go.

          “What the… it’s like they just communicated through their heads!

          “It’s like before when Jeremy covered her mouth and looked like they were conversing in their head”

          Their minds were confused. But I didn’t bother. Apparently, Kathryn got a call from mom and she ran with us. The students were absolutely confused. I was running as fast as I could and I was too worried to think about how dehydrated I was. I came in and I saw my dad on the floor. Including, mom tied up to the railing of a staircase. They were both knocked out. There was a hooded stranger and I couldn’t see who they were.  But in the back of my head I just knew it was one of them…. Black Days.



© 2011 Jennifer


Author's Note

Jennifer
Okay so... I have been reading over this chapter a bunch of times and I'm really trying to think of a new reason why Jeremy doesn't want the class to know about them being siblings. I'm still thinking but I just uploaded for some recommendations. I thought maybe getting some example would help think of a new reason. I will not use your complete idea in my story though.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on March 19, 2011
Last Updated on March 19, 2011


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Los Angeles, CA



About
☆I'm just your average middle school girl☆ A bit about me... Well first off, I'm 100% Korean. I was born in America so I'm kinda bad at Korean :P... It's kinda hard to have a conversati.. more..

Writing
Gift Gift

A Chapter by Jennifer


City Splendor City Splendor

A Chapter by Jennifer


Qualia Qualia

A Book by Jennifer