Another Million Dollar Question: Why didn't it work on him?

Another Million Dollar Question: Why didn't it work on him?

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

She goes to school and meets a strange, strange boy.

"

          The next morning I went to school. I went to the front of the classroom and said my name. Some students glued their eyes on me and it felt kind of intense.

          As I studied the room trying to memorize faces, I saw one boy. He caught my interest. He looked bored and uninterested in a newcomer. Also, he gave off a different felling than the other students.

          I tried to read his mind but I felt as though it didn’t go through. He suddenly jerked and looked around with a scowled face. I was so bewildered. I needed to know more about him. I’m not a stalker. I just needed to make that clear before you get wrong ideas about me.

          In class I felt that everything was so easy. For some reason I always did good in school even when I lost my memories. I answered almost all the questions in class. I even heard a student saying in their mind in jealousy but it picked my interest.

          “Jeesh what’s with the genius’ around here?”

          Who’s the other genius? But I could’ve been just thinking too much. There could be hundreds of other people who could be as smart as me.

          As bell rang, people gathered around. I was astonished because I had never experienced this before. In my elementary school I never covered my eye color so everyone was pretty scared of me.

          I made some new friends. One of my friends, Eve, was really shy but she talked a WHOLE lot but only towards the people she knows well.

          Because of my, literal, dying curiosity of not being able to read his mind, I asked my other friend, Kathryn, about the boy I thought was weird. Mostly, because her mom is the principle of school and Kathryn seemed to know a lot of information about the school. She said his name is Jeremy and he is unsocial but he has the same knowledge level as me. I asked about his last name but it seemed like no one knew.

          I noticed that as he is walking in hallways and such no one dares to go near him. So I asked Kathryn about his past life in school and she said that ever since he came to this school he never really talked too much making him a lonely little boy

          You have to tell me if this is believable or not but rumors were passed around that he burned one of his classmates. Now that is the definition of delinquint.

          When I went to lunch I heard the voice again.

          “Man what is this freaking voice!” I thought in frustration.

          He questioned “What the?!” and I don’t know if it was a coincidence,  but he said that right after I thought that. We got eye contact and everyone was staring at us weirdly. Especially at Mr. Unsocial.

          As I walked to the entrance of the school my friend, Jack, who was 11 years older than me came to pick me up.

          He was an acquaintance of my dad, but they never see each other. He used to come over and play when my dad wasn’t home, so he is almost like an older brother to me. Obviously, we aren’t blood related, but since he doesn’t come over as much, we became more apart. Leading to immense awkwardness in just being in the same car as him. But it was my choice to ask him to pick me up since dad wanted me to go to the market and buy some things. During the car ride, I saw Jeremy walking.

          He is a strange, strange boy.



© 2011 Jennifer


Author's Note

Jennifer
the NEW CHAPTER 2~

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on June 3, 2011
Last Updated on June 3, 2011


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Los Angeles, CA



About
☆I'm just your average middle school girl☆ A bit about me... Well first off, I'm 100% Korean. I was born in America so I'm kinda bad at Korean :P... It's kinda hard to have a conversati.. more..

Writing
Gift Gift

A Chapter by Jennifer


City Splendor City Splendor

A Chapter by Jennifer


Qualia Qualia

A Book by Jennifer