Chapter 1: Late night reading

Chapter 1: Late night reading

A Chapter by Dad Dragonfire

"Honey, aren't you coming to bed?" Val asked as he entered the living-room. Jenny looked up at him from her reading and smiled sheepishly.
"I want to finish reading this first, Val..." she said blushing a bit.
Val was not his real name, but that's what Jenny liked calling him. It was short for "Valiant", which was the name he was going by on the gamer's website where they had met... Yes, they had met on the Internet, and clicked almost instantly. It had all started when playing an RP together. In the story, he was taking off on an adventure, with his faithful dragon, and she had asked is she could come along... and that was the beginning of an amazing RP that ended up breaking the world record of number of lines. It was also the beginning of an amazing friendship... and more.
Jenny's first impression of Val in her own words, as she had told him later, had been "dang, this guy knows how to write! And he's really nice... let's keep talking with him" And it was a similar feeling for Val, too... he had thought "wow! she's smart... very smart and sweet too... let's keep the conversation going... I might end up liking this girl." Well, he ended up more than just liking Jenny. The more they talked and played the RP, the more they realized there was a bond growing fast between them. There was a connection... they anticipated each other's actions on  the RP... they were so in sync!
Val walked up to the couch and bent over to give her a quick kiss on her forehead as she kept on reading. She smiled without taking her eyes off her tablet.
"Aren't you cold, Princess?" he rarely called her by her name, choosing instead sweet nicknames.
"Yes... a bit" she answered with a somewhat embarrassed smile.
Jenny watched him get busy lighting a fire in the fireplace. Val then went into the bedroom, and came a few minutes later hiding something behind his back. She looked up into his eyes, bit her lower lip and smiled, already guessing what he was planning...
"If you won't come to bed..." he said pulling a blanket from behind his back, "then the bed will come to you."
Jenny laughed at this, that easy contagious laugh of hers, and made room for him behind her. He sat at her back, his legs and arms around her, and wrapped them both in the blanket... a fairly easy job as both were small in size. Val was kind of short for a guy, but still almost half a head taller that her. Perfect height for Jenny as she was so petite. "Convenient sized" as they would both say laughing whenever the subject of height came up.
She leaned comfortably into his embrace, and rubbed her cheek to his, lovingly.
"Tonight, we'll fall asleep on the couch, reading..." he stopped there as he wasn't sure what she was reading.
"Arkenstar, Val..." she said "I'm..." and then corrected herself "we... are reading Arkenstar."
"Cool" he said and held her tight as Jenny started to read aloud a story about Captain Worg; from Arkenstar's Army; being sick and Jenny Tanner taking care of him.


© 2021 Dad Dragonfire


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
1 Review
Added on February 8, 2021
Last Updated on February 14, 2021


Author

Dad Dragonfire
Dad Dragonfire

Dundas, Southern Ontario, Canada



About
Love to read and love to write... yeah I know, doesn't tell much about me. I always find it hard to "tell about myself" when filling up a profile. I'll put a better "About Me" together and come back a.. more..

Writing