Chapter 2: My Jenny

Chapter 2: My Jenny

A Chapter by Dad Dragonfire

"Oh Worg, you are so cute!" Jenny commented out of the blue.
"Excuse me?" Val said. "Hey, I'm right here in case you didn't notice."
"Awe Val, you're not going to tell me you are jealous of Worg, are you? she said teasingly. "He's your same height, you know..." she went on playfully "and I wonder why they named the girl that's crazy about him, Jenny..."
"If you are suggesting that Jenny could be you, it's not funny" Val said in a crossed tone. "That's His Jenny... you are My Jenny" he finished emphasizing the "My".
"Wow, wow... hold your horses, Fly Boy" she hasn't called him by that name since the days of playing their RP for the world record. "You do not own me" she said very seriously, turning around to look at him.
"Oh yeah? Doesn't seem fair" Val said, and before she could reply he added "'cause in a way, you do own me, since I only have eyes for you."
"Is that right, Fly Boy?" she answered with a sneer. "What about that waitress at the restaurant where we had lunch today?"
"What about her?" Val's tone went icy cold. Yes, she was very cute... yes, he had noticed her and had hoped Jenny hadn't seen him look at her, and gotten the wrong impression... as he didn't care about that girl. He knew deep in his heart he was completely and absolutely hers... he was Jenny's Fly Boy, now and forever.
Her voice cut into his thoughts "right... like you didn't notice her... she did notice you!" her tone was icy cold too now.
He felt hurt. It wasn't her tone... not even her words, that had hurt him. It was the fact she might imply he had room in his thoughts for any other woman... without another word, he got from under the blanket, got up from the couch, went into the bedroom and closed the door.
Jenny looked at the closed door in disbelief. "He'll cool down and come back in a few minutes" she thought as a sigh escape her lovely lips.
Val let himself drop heavily on the king size bed, and sobbed silently. He wanted to go back out of the bedroom, run to her and kiss her with all his love in it... but he also felt deeply offended. His pride got in the way... "Pride is such a stupid thing" he thought, but still he yielded to it and remained in the bedroom.
In the living-room, Jenny counted the minutes, trying to keep on reading so time would pass faster... "any minute now" she thought "he'll come out and say he's sorry." She thought of going into the bedroom looking for him... but it was him who left her there on the couch. "Yesh, he should come back to me." But time passed and he didn't. Jenny couldn't keep on reading. She put away her tablet, drew up her legs and wrapped her arms around her knees... she felt so cold under the warm blanket without Val. She wanted his arms around her... she felt so sad.
Val's face was pressed against his pillow, but still heard it... it came from the living-room... Jenny was crying. He felt a sudden impulse to run to her... but his pride got in the way once more. "Stupid pride" he thought again... "Get up, Val. Go to her!" he urged himself. Hearing her cry was breaking his heart. And then, the cries stopped as suddenly as they had started. Has it been seconds? Minutes? Hours? How long had his beloved Jenny been crying? He waited, holding his breath, straining his hearing for the slightest sound coming from the other room... footsteps, a rustling of clothes, anything... but no sound came.
Jenny had cried and cried, hiding her face in her hands... and tired as she was, for it was already 3 am, she soon had cried herself to sleep.
Val got up and opened the bedroom door very slowly. He peeked into the living-room from the door frame. Jenny had fallen asleep on the couch. He approached silently, and saw the traces of tears on her beautiful soft cheeks. Any bits of anger he might have still had melted away. With saddened smile, he moved the blanket aside. Very gently, to avoid waking her up, he took Jenny in his arms and carried her to the bedroom. He lowered her on the bed, and lied down beside her. He was on his side, propped on an elbow when she slowly opened her eyes. Immediately she noticed she was not on the couch anymore. She smiled and turned her head toward him. Her lovely brown eyes locked onto his deep dark brown eyes... and for a moment, time stopped. Neither one said a word... their eyes spoke volumes.


© 2021 Dad Dragonfire


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on February 8, 2021
Last Updated on February 14, 2021


Author

Dad Dragonfire
Dad Dragonfire

Dundas, Southern Ontario, Canada



About
Love to read and love to write... yeah I know, doesn't tell much about me. I always find it hard to "tell about myself" when filling up a profile. I'll put a better "About Me" together and come back a.. more..

Writing