The Golded Goblet

The Golded Goblet

A Chapter by Cecile

Golden Goblet

Who was your favorite character in the story? Why?
My favorite character was Ranofer. He considered consequences because he was always careful not to be caught spying on Gebu, and he was attentive because he always listened to what Hequet and the Ancient had to say when they were spying on them.
Would you want Ranofer as a friend? Why or why not?
I would not want Ranofer as a friend because Hequet had to give a lot of attention to Ranofer to keep being his friend. Hequet also had to risk his life for Ranofer so he could catch Gebu robbing the tomb. Another reason was that if Gebu caught Ranofer spying they would all get in trouble.
What could have been a different title for the book an why?
Another title could have been Ranofer and the robbers because the story is about Ranofer trying to catch Gebu the tomb robber.
What was your favorite part of the book and Why?
My favorite part of the book is when Ranofer meets the queen. He proves that he’s been at the tomb when he answers the question the queen asks to make sure he has been there, spying on Gebu. The queens servants capture  Gebu and the queen gives Ranofer one wish.(He wishes for a donkey)
What was the theme of the story?
I think a theme in story was that if you put your mind on a goal, you can accomplish it. One way Ranofer did that was that he wanted to make jewelry and meet the queen, and at the end of the book he did. Another was when he wanted to capture Gebu and he met the queen, and captured him.
If this story took place today and you were Ranofers friend, what would you do to help him?
I would try to help him by bringing him food as much as possible. If I had extra clothes I would try to give it to him.
Reshape your life in a way that will benefit you.
I could try to do my homework on time. It would help me because my grades would go up and they would slightly make my life easier. They would get me a slightly better collage and job. If I decided not to I would spend more time playing outside, and watching TV.
Describe three things that you learned about ancient Egypt in this novel.
1.I learned that an ushabti is a wooden statue that is a servant and guardian of the dead.
2.I learned that people didn’t go outside at night because of a woman that snatched kids.
3.I learned that a kheft is an evil spirit or dementor.  



© 2010 Cecile


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

415 Views
Added on May 28, 2010
Last Updated on May 28, 2010


Author

Cecile
Cecile

United Kingdom



About
To be honest, I'm using this site as a storage device for the old book reviews I wrote as a child that I don't want to throw away. Comments would be appreciated, but I'm not going to push you into doi.. more..

Writing
Senior Year Senior Year

A Book by Cecile