Brooklyn

Brooklyn

A Chapter by Rae

        Love. A thing of books, songs, stories, and movies. Better than anything in the entire world. Completely outshining and overpowering all else in existence. This "love" thing is way better than all classic combinations, such as Romeo and Juliet, Jack and Rose, and, more recently, Edward and Bella. They're all left in dark isolation. Or, so it would seem.

        An entire past has been wasted upon useless searching for it. And after seven long and hard years, the hands of scars and bruises, all gained while in the defensive mode used in everyday life of this twenty-first century torture chamber--Or, as known by more of the current population, Brooklyn, New York--are left miserably and hopelessly empty. This exhausting emptiness is rivaled by one thing and one thing only: the utter disappointment of loneliness. But, with time, this disappointment just simply becomes another part of life. These seven demeaning years have finally laid a conclusion on my mother's doorstep. The envelope has a name written on it, a name all too familiar: Haley A. Stephens.

        The letter seems to fly to my hands as I picture the scene in my mind. I rip it open, demolishing the defenseless enclosure of paper.  But to my disappointment, I only find what I should've known all along, scrawled in a classic, old-fashioned hand, much like that in a movie:

                Love is a fantasy and nothing more. It doesn't exist outside the minds of the inhabitants of your world'. You of all people should know that, Haley.

       Back in the tragic and harsh world of Brooklyn, I sit in a wasteland of a classroom. Concentration is winning our constant game of hide-and-seek, and the fact that the gorgeous Joshua Lorne is refusing to release me from the striking and paralyzing gaze of his blue-white eyes isn't helping.



© 2011 Rae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
Thanks, hun. You too!(:
~Dear.Heart.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is amazing! You have such a great talent!!!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 29, 2011
Last Updated on November 23, 2011


Author

Rae
Rae

Southeast Nowhere, TX



About
I'll start by saying that I'm a strong Catholic Christian. So if you plan to say rude things to me concerning my religion, I would thank you kindly to leave. I would gladly answer questions about our .. more..

Writing
Floating. Floating.

A Story by Rae


This Is Reality. This Is Reality.

A Poem by Rae


Back to Basics. Back to Basics.

A Poem by Rae