Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Wake-Up Call

Wake-Up Call

A Chapter by Rae

        "Haley? Are you awake?"

        "No..."

        "Uh, are you sure?"

        "Yes."

"Then how are we having this conversation?"
        "I'm that cool."
        "Haley, get up, you crackhead."

        "Ow..." I was hit in the abdomen by feather pillow. Kate was surprisingly muscular; this I found out the hard way when feathers flew from the pillow and into my face.

        "Good morning, girls. Would you like some breakfast?"

        "Yes, ma'am. Do we have waffles?"

        "Yes, we do. I just bought some toaster waffles last night. Would you like me to prepare them for you and Haley?"

        "Yes, please."

        Ten minutes later, Kate and I had plates in front of us. Each plate contained two waffles, topped off with whipped cream and sliced fresh strawberries from Mrs. Lesanie's garden in the backyard. On the side, we had fruit salad with fresh oranges, blueberries, blackberries, bananas, and strawberries, all picked fresh from the garden. To drink, we each had a tall glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice. We took an hour to finish off the large meal.

        "Haley? You have a phone call from your mother. She says she called your phone, but it went straight to voicemail."

        "Oh. Thank you, Mrs. Lesanie." And I left the room to go into Kate's bathroom.

        "Haley, I need you to come home right now. Can they drive you?"

        "Um, I don't know. Let me ask." Now this next part I didn't hear because I was too busy asking.

        "Okay, Haley, but hurry up, we need to get to hospital as soon as possible, it's an emergency." Now I was ready to pick the phone back up.

        "Mom? They can drive me."

        "Okay, tell them it's the hospital off Highway 96."

        "Whoa, HOSPITAL?!" But she had already hung up. My thoughts were correct; she had been crying. I had never seen my mother actually crying... I knew it was an emergency.

        "Okay, thanks for driving me and letting me come over, Mrs. L. Bye Kate." I gave her a quick hug and sped off toward the hospital doors.

        "Text me later and let me know what happened!"

        "Okay, bye!"



© 2011 Rae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
Hahah, no, keep going! I think it gets more interesting throughout the storyline.(:

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is awesome!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I seriously need to stop reading!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 2, 2011
Last Updated on November 26, 2011


Author

Rae
Rae

Southeast Nowhere, TX



About
I'll start by saying that I'm a strong Catholic Christian. So if you plan to say rude things to me concerning my religion, I would thank you kindly to leave. I would gladly answer questions about our .. more..

Writing
Floating. Floating.

A Story by Rae


This Is Reality. This Is Reality.

A Poem by Rae


Back to Basics. Back to Basics.

A Poem by Rae