First Sleepover

First Sleepover

A Chapter by Rae

        "Okay, this is my dog. That's Roselyn's dog, and those are my parents' dogs, and that's Ryder's dog. Roseyln's dog is named Sol, Ryder's is named Dash, Mom's dog is named Salt and Dad's dog is named Pepper. We call him Pep for short. They're nearly identical twins, but Pep has small black speckles on his feet. And my little baby girl is named Lucille. They're all chihuahuas, but Lucille's long-haired."

        "Wow. I have one dog and my parents refuse to get another. It may take me a while to adjust to all of them."

        "No problem. What kind is yours? If it even is yours."

        "She's mine. Her name is Marie, after Marie Antoinette. She's a pomeranian."

        "Oh. I haven't ever seen a pomeranian."

        "Well, I can ask my mom to bring her when she brings my clothes. Kat could hold her in the car."

        "Who's Kat?"

        "My older sister. She's twenty-one."

        "Oh, okay. Well, I'll be glad to meet her. Anything I should know about in advance?"

        "Uh, would having knowledge of the fact that she has brain damage help at all?"

        "Brain damage?!"

        "Yes. That's why I punched Mr. Disallia."

        "I suppose he was bad-mouthing her?"

        "Exactly."

        "Okay, now I have to know the whole story! Let's go into my room."

        Three hours passed before I finally had Kate in complete understanding of Kat's situation. But she knew why I had punched him and why him being so rude about her had hurt me so much. And then in thirty minutes, Kate got to meet Kat. She got the usual hug. When Kate met Marie, I thought she would never let go of the little fluff ball. So after asking Kate's mom yet another question and getting a yes, we begged my mother and finally got permission to include Marie in the little sleepover.

        "So what do you usually do up here in Brooklyn?"

        "Paint graffiti on the city hall and shoot people for cigars."

        "Uh..."
       

        "Kidding! Just kidding. I usually just hang around at the park and movies and stuff with some friends. Sometimes we see famous people on the street."

        "Are you serious?!"

        "Yeah. It's pretty cool."

        "Like who?"

        "Lots of people. It's a really, really long list. So Detroit? Isn't a famous rapper guy from there?"

        "Yeah! I can't remember his name right now, though. I've met him several times and been to concerts with backstage passes. It was so cool!"

        "Sounds like it. So have you seen any cute guys in the school that you want me to hook you up with? I'm really good at that kind of stuff. My nickname for people who don't personally know me is Matchmaker."

        "Well... You know that one guy from first class?"

        "Zac?"

        "Who?"

        "Blonde hair, green eyes, really tall, super buff, extremely sweet?"

        "Oh. Well, he's cute, but..."

        "But what?"

        "I wasn't talking about him."

        "Oh. Then who were you talking about? Pete? John? Alan? Jody? Vince?"

        "No... None of them..."

        "Then who? Who, who who?!"

        "The one that kept talking to you!"

        "Joshua Lorne?" I felt two inches tall right at that moment. I had been crushing on Josh since the fourth grade. And now my newest addition to the crew was going to get all up on my man?! I had to be dreaming. This had t be the worst nightmare of my life!

        "Brown hair, blue eyes? No."

        "Oh..." That was a relief. "Then who?!"

        "Haley...

        "Kate!"

        "Fine, it's Nate!"

        "No way!" I felt my jaw drop. This was really happening! Not only would they make the cutest couple ever and be my best work of art yet, but this was my first relationship to set up in a month! I had been moving too fast and gotten everyone together. Every person in the school was with the guy or girl of their dreams, thanks to me. Every person except... No. I had told myself a million times, a didn't need a boyfriend. No matter how badly I wanted one, I didn't need it. Besides, relationships are way too dramatic. There's all the flowers and holiday gifts and fights and things. But then there's the wearing his jacket, being with him any time you want, hearing 'I love you' from the one person you want it from, falling asleep on his shoulder, him hugging you to warm you up when you say it's cold, talking to him on the phone until the early morning hours, kissing him in the rain... No. I don't need it! I can be so irritating sometimes.

        "Haley, you can't tell a single soul. If you do, I can't speak to you ever again."

        "What?! But why?"

        "Haley!"

        "Well, I can't get you with him unless he knows you like him!"
        "Just found out if he likes me back first. Then you can tell him I like him. But only if he does like me!"

        "Okay, okay! Gee, you're complicated."

        "Why, thank you."

        "Well, what do we do now?"

        "I don't know, what do you think?"

        "I haven't the slightest clue."

        "Well, it's your house."

        "Yes, but you're the guest."

        "Why don't we just ask Marie?"

        "Fine then. But I don't know how to tell what she says."

        "Oh, I'll tell you. Marie, what should we do?"

        "Woof!"
        "You heard the dog! Woof! Woof woof woof!"

        "Woof?"

        "Yes, Kate, woof."

        After barking maniacally for five minutes, Kate, Marie, and I watched horror movies for about three hours. We then took Marie outside and kept a close eye on her so she wasn't taken away by an owl. Thirty minutes later, Marie was busy making sure she didn't get captured by me or Kate in our game of hide-and-seek.



© 2011 Rae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
Hahah! Thanks! I'm glad you have a favorite!(:

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love dogs! And I love Marie antoinette! And I love deaf people ! This is my favorite chapter so far!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 2, 2011
Last Updated on November 26, 2011


Author

Rae
Rae

Southeast Nowhere, TX



About
I'll start by saying that I'm a strong Catholic Christian. So if you plan to say rude things to me concerning my religion, I would thank you kindly to leave. I would gladly answer questions about our .. more..

Writing
Floating. Floating.

A Story by Rae


This Is Reality. This Is Reality.

A Poem by Rae


Back to Basics. Back to Basics.

A Poem by Rae