Workaholism

Workaholism

A Chapter by Dina

Work is fulfilling. Or atleast I tell myself. I’m 2 months sober now. Feels good. Except for the fact that I’ve ghosted my sponsor. I can do this. I don’t always need someone holding my hand. I’ve gone shopping for two week’s worth of clothing. I’ve managed to stack the fridge with 2 weeks worth of food. But if I’m being honest, they’ll probably only last a week, until I act like I don’t have groceries in the house and instead head for the sushi restaurant that’s become my new vice.

Hybrid work is a new experience for me. I enjoy the u predictability of never knowing when I’ll be called in versus staying home in PJs, sitting criss cross apple sauce on the bed.

The work is challenging, but rewarding. Veterans are a charming population to work with. Even when slightly intoxicated. But I give the guys passes at times. I can’t imagine being homeless after service. I’m the softie of the company and they know it. But u also write the most thorough reports and so my supervisor manages to give me grace.

Days are long, but nothing beats that rewarding feeling of accomplishment upon clocking out. In fact, it’s when I happen to clock out that the numbness kicks in. And I stare out the window and think about him.


© 2024 Dina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on January 19, 2024
Last Updated on January 19, 2024


Author

Dina
Dina

CT



About
Just keep swimming 🪬 more..

Writing