Is This What it Would Feel Like to be Jessica Jones?

Is This What it Would Feel Like to be Jessica Jones?

A Chapter by Dina

I have some time off. All my bills are paid. What the hell do I do now? Why does time go so slow when there’s nothing on my to do list. I lay in my bed in agony, staring at the ceiling. I guess this is what they mean when they say Boredom kills. An idea strikes. I can people watch from the window, like I used to do as a kid.

The neighborhood is beautiful. It even has its own flair. The graffiti, the little market up the street, the smoke shop. And there are lots of families too. Sometimes they remind me how alone I am. At other times, they only remind me how surrounded I am. I decide to put an outfit on and take a stroll. It’s time I learn more about my new neighborhood, and it’s time they learn more about me.

I choose a body suit with high waisted jeans, combat boots, and a very dramatic fur coat. “Why so much flair?” I whisper to myself in the mirror. Because a loud outside protects an uncertain inside of course. After I finish braiding my hair into two French braids, I crowd my fingers with vanity rings. There are almost too many. It scream, I’m lonely but don’t need you. Cliche.

The stroll feels supernatural at first. It’s like the universe is collaborating with me today, the way the sun is setting, and the birds are chirping. There are two ways I could go from here, left or right. I choose the path that looks the longest.


© 2024 Dina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on January 19, 2024
Last Updated on January 19, 2024


Author

Dina
Dina

CT



About
Just keep swimming 🪬 more..

Writing