King of Flawed Reason

King of Flawed Reason

A Poem by Chase Dylan
"

Imperfection...

"
Festering molestation of achin'...
I'm separated by my own demons, my own feelings leapt alive with meanin'...
I'm crowning myself king of flawed reason...
For the reason I stand alone most the time...
Is I'm not feeling very grown at the time...
Like a seed with no warmth, a man outta lines, my rhymes are not good enough...
I stow it under and keep grumblin', actin' tough, mining away and wondering if it will ever be true...
Will I follow a shining path or break hollow and used...
Blasted by traces of iced gas, leaving me numb and bruised...
A rats uncle I'm stuffy and masked, you are sultry and out of grasp...
So I gasp and raise myself above the bar, I raise my own bar...
The imperfection flawed is tar that stops and harms...
Will I garner enough force to engulf mars...
Or will I fall hard and overwhelmed...
Just scars...

© 2017 Chase Dylan


Author's Note

Chase Dylan
Sometimes depression is crippling... Hope everyone reading this remembers they are not alone in the fight... Keep living day-to-day, and know you are valued... Have a good one

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is so abstract, and so beautiful, just as always. I specially love the lines,

"The imperfection flawed is tar that stops and harms...
Will I garner enough force to engulf mars...
Or will I fall hard and overwhelmed...
Just scars..."

Just so beautiful.

Love,
Vasilees

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

As always, a beautiful review, Vasilees, thank you, and am glad you enjoyed



Reviews

I feel you on this one silente, stay strong...And your rhymes are as solid as always, keep writing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Mr. e.... Your words of encouragement and understanding are appreciated
An engrossing, beautiful and emotional poem Silente....
There was beauty in your words and I really could visualize these emotions portrayed in this!
Well done Silente, I really hope you have a good day and stay happy :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

Thank you, Mr. Fantastic, and I hope the same for you... Glad you could actually see the pain within.. read more
Mr.Writer

6 Years Ago

No problem Silente! :)
Better to reign in the hell of flawed reason than to serve in the kingdom of shallowness and pettiness.
You spoke true here my friend. Kudos !!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

^^Could not agree more, TJ, and wow... I liked that, hah... You speak better truth, it looks fancier.. read more
flawed and scared,aren`t we all

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tony Jordan

6 Years Ago

so true my friend. Well said...
Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

That we are, TJ and Wordman, one can only hope the flaws and fear do not drown them...
Love the notes in this section. Many lives are lost each year from depression. It doesn't discriminate in age race religion color or social standing.

Your emotions come through clearly. The self doubt and at times loathing is clear.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much, Beauty, it means a lot to hear, and it really does steal lives...
So true my friend, sadness can mire the soul in "tar that stops and harms"..I am often "stuck" in the mire myself..still, though you are "achin'" your words, form, rhythm and flow excel and inspire...and you remain so far "above the bar"...you are still on your shining path. Speak friend, and I listen- always!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

You humble me, Annette, and I hope that I can continue to help others feel more secure in the awful .. read more
You KILLED THIS Silente!! It is AWESOME SAUCE!! The darkness can be a heavy, painful place! I thought you said you couldn't express yourself like me?! Well... This piece says otherwise!!
The only way we can write like this is to have known it up and personal...now you know my secrets. A hug to you for every down moment you have or ever will.
To rest in ourselves as we are is a fight worth fighting everyday. WELL DONE!! You are perfect to me!
Tabby

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

Awesome sauce...! You taking my words right from meh mouth, hah... You are right... I guess I am lea.. read more
This really has such impact, I am no stranger to depression and felt every line here. Sometimes all one can do is indeed gasp and try to grasp. The downfalls and landmines here are portrayed with striking metaphor yet a warrior energy pulses through...have a good day too hon and thanks for reminding the reader that they are not alone :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

A warrior energy pulses through... Gosh, Silver... Your words are incredible inspiring, and thank yo.. read more
Couldn't understand...then i reread..... Uff ur words in ur sentences... Lyk rats uncle 😳 deep thought... Huh

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

I do enjoy being a rats uncle, haha, thank you very much, Sand
Sandipta$

6 Years Ago

U wlcm Mr. SIL
Hmm, I'd suggest dropping the triple-dots, at least in this piece. If you're going to us them after every line, then they cancel each other out, like if someone used an exclamation point at the end of every sentence and it didn't vary. But when someone ends sentences with periods and then places an exclamation point at the most intense moment in the piece, it really pops. Sort of like in music, where composers start a piece at pianissimo and then finish at fortissimo. The contrast is evident and powerful. Other than that, good work as always.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

Aye, I have had a few people suggest the editing off the ellipses, and I was quite aware it was marr.. read more
Ethan

6 Years Ago

No problem :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2774 Views
66 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 20, 2017
Last Updated on July 20, 2017

Author

Chase Dylan
Chase Dylan

Denver, CO



About
Words have me, but I never seem to have words. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..