Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by EmilySix

           It was an hour before I got back to my house. I spent it in the park with Andy. That wasn't how I wanted to spend my birthday. Neither did Andy. I know I shouldn't have broken it to him like that, but I had to tell him. Sooner is better than later.

I walked inside my house and took my jacket off and set it on the rack by the door. I through my backpack on the third step of the stairs and walked into the kitchen. I walked in and saw my sister Lillian at the counter eating a PB&J sandwich. “Hey Ash.” Lillian said. “Hey Lily.' I said as grabbed a bottle of water from the cabinet below. “Happy birthday.” “Thank you.” I said as I drank the watter.

           I went and I sat down at the booth we had in the kitchen and stared at the wall. My mother came walking down the stairs that lead into the kitchen. “Ashtyn, it's about time you got home. Where were you.” “The park.” I said as she hugged me. “That's cool. Happy birthday, sweetie.” my mother said. “There isn't anything happy about it.” I said as I walked through the living room bumping into Hector, my mom's fiancée. I grabbed my back pack and headed up the stairs to my room. I opened the door and walked in. I closed it and sat on my bed and looked out the window.

           A few hours went by and I sat there staring out of the window, watching the snow fall down and hit planet Earth. Why does life have to suck? I sighed. I didn't know what I was going to do. I know Andy wasn't going to be able to look at me the same. Same here with me. I wont be able to look at him. Every time I look at him, I am going to want to cry.

           Lillian came and knocked onto my door about twenty minutes later. “Come in.” I said as I kept my eyes out the window. “Dinner is finished, Ash.” “Thanks, Lil. I'll be down in a minute.” I said as I looked at her and smiled lightly. She nodded and closed the door behind her as she walked away. I didn't feel like going down there.

I hurried and changed into my long black pajama pants and a areopostal blue t-shirt. I threw all my hair up into a messy bun and tucked my bangs behind my ear. I grabbed my phone and I went down stairs into the kitchen.

           I walked past every one and sat down at the booth and checked my phone. Andy had tried to call me. So did Chance. Andy must have told Chance about everything. I went through my messages, reading them. I didn't feel like replying to them. I just closed my phone and set it down beside me.

           It was later when my mom brought out my birthday cake. “Happy birthday to you.” she began to sing. Just hearing that makes me wanted to vomit. I looked at her as she set the cake down. I didn't even want to look at it. “Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear, Ashtyn. Happy birthday to you.” My mother finished singing. “Blow them out, Ash.” I blew a weak breath. They went out.

           “Mom, can I talk to you about something?” I said as I pushed the cake away from me. “About?” “Why we are moving.” “Ashtyn, we have been over this many of times. It is because of Hector and his job.” “How come he cant go and we stay here?” I said looking at Hector in disguised. “Because, if we don't go with him, how are we going to pay the bills?” My mom said. “Well, maybe if you get a job, we can stay.” I said as I rolled my eyes and folded my hands over.

           “That is enough young lady. You are moving to Germany weather you like it or not.” Yeah, whatever. “Now, are you really going to act like this in front of your sister? I suggest you pretend to be happy.” I looked at her like she was nuts. She grabbed something out of her pocket. Lily looked at me and then at our mom. “Here you go, Ashtyn.” she said. I took the envelope away from her and opened it. Inside were concert tickets to see Tokio Hotel. “Why did you get me this?” “Ashtyn! You can go to the concert now!” Lily said. “ I don't want to go to that concert.” I said throwing them to Lily. “You can have them. That made her day for sure.

           “Ashtyn, what is your problem?” “You really want to know what me problem is? My problem is that I don't want to move! I like it here! I had to tell Andy that I am moving! Do you not know how hard that was for me? I don't want to leave him! Or this city!” I said yelling across the table. “You are only fifteen!” My mother said. “So! You had me at sixteen! What is your point?” I said as I got up and headed for the door out the kitchen. “You are grounded young lady!” “I have been grounded!” I said before I ran up the stairs and into my room.



© 2010 EmilySix


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on August 7, 2010
Last Updated on August 7, 2010


Author

EmilySix
EmilySix

About
Hello. Im Emily. Im 15. i had to make a new writers cafe' because my old one doesn't want to let me log in for some reason. it justs want to be a total d********g. my favorite band is Black Veil Bride.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1- Intro Chapter 1- Intro

A Chapter by EmilySix