Chapter Seven- A Toast! TO the impossible.

Chapter Seven- A Toast! TO the impossible.

A Chapter by EncoreDeZiza

Burning Inside the Black
ENcoreDEZiza
All Rights Reserved
2013
Chapter Seven
A Toast! The The Impossible.

Fae cocked her head, biting her lip as Mason passed her a bottle of vodka, "How much does she sleep?"

Fae shrugged, "Last tiem I was with her she was a man."

He snorted, "Classic."

"It's hard to believe she's the start of a war." Eric voiced.

"ERIC!" Fae scolded.

"You think it'll end in public eye?" The whole room scoffed at Larson's question.

"It's a miricle they haven't already>" Mason remakred. The room was engulfed in murmured agreements. There were sixty of them in total and only ten were here at the moment, all surrounding Richelle's sleeping body.

"Should we wake her up?" Jensen asked. Fae continued to stare at Richelle while the rest of them glared at Jensen. "Just wondering..."

"Just because she's at the start of a chain-reaction doesn't mean she's wonder woman." eric huffed, "Girls gotta sleep. She's not cut out for this. No girls are cut out for this." Fae glared, her green scales pressing against her flesh.

"When you think about it," mason began, switching subjects, "It' not even her fault. They've been sitting on this war for eons, she was just kind of thrust into a black room, stumbled backwords, and fell into the red button."

"She shouldn't have stumbled." Larson cruitiqued. 

"You're being a dick," Fae remarked at the same time Mason said, "You're an idiot." The ten in this room were the ten best fighters. Mason at the head, Fae a close second, Jensen a firm third, followed closely by Eric, Miguel was fith, Duke sixth, Jason and Abel (The twins) at seven and on bad days, eight. Xavier held a firm nine, and last, but not by any means least, Larson. Fae, admittedly, had a crush on Mason, Jason and abel acted like older brothers, wereas Duke was more of a best-friend figure. Eric was the a*s-hole of the group, Larson was the idiot, Xavier was the rebel/punk Jensen was the close friend of the leader, Miguel was shy and ketp to himself he never talked around Fae either, ever. The twins, Jason and Abel, were the jokers, the partiers, Fae was a bit of all of them and that's why her and Duke got along so well, because he was too. Bascially the guy version of her, only less humorless.

"So, how many push ups can the girl do?" Eric asked. Mason litterally smacked him upside the head which Eric promptly rubbed, "Owe."

"More than you,' Fae replied, sticking out her tongue. 

"DOn't encourage," Mason scolded.

"As you wish," Fae replied, swiftly bowing at the waist, "Your heighness." His jaw flexed, but he didn't utter a word. 

A few minutes of silence was all the twins would allow, "WOA! Looky the tension in here!" Jason remakred.
"SHut up." Eric snapped.

"Why don't you shut up?" Xavier retorted.

"Oh? What are you gonna do about it, punk?" Eric took a step forward and before he could interrupt Xavier's bubble, Mason was in front of him, Fae talking Xavier's dragon out of it's anger-enduced state.

"I've had about enough of your s**t." Mason barked.

"My s**t? My s**t? Did you hear that f-"

"If you say f*g, i swear I'll end you right here, right now."

"End me? Oh, you'll end me." Eric scoffed, "Whatever man, your power streak is-"

"Power streak? Power streak?!" He stepped forward, Fae placed her hands on his chest, stopping his movements. His eyes never left Eric.

"Mason? Come outside." She ordered.

"I'm slightly busy," He spat, hatred lacing his tone. 'Mason' She pushed, 'please'

'can't i kill him first?'

'tragically, no.'

'what if i can promise the world will be a better place?'

she hesitated, 'how so?'

'i don't know, let's find out' he took another step forword but she refused to budge. "Mason."

His eyes flickeree down to her, bright red, his dragon was so close. "Fine."

 

 

"He just thinks he's so freaking great, taht cocky piece of s**t!"

"mason," She scolded.

"What? Am I wrong?"

"Eric's one of us," Fae explained, taking a step forword, "he' s family."

"You're right," Mason sighed, closing his eyes, he drew three deep breaths before opening them and they were back to their blindingly beautiful green. "You're right," He said, softer now, a smile slowly blooming on his face. "I'm glad you're here," He added, wrapping her into a hug. Her body stiffened at the contact, but still, she felt her cheeks heat.  "It sucked when you were in prison."
She gave a nervous laugh, "I'm sorry to hear that."

"Don't be," He drew a deep breath as she lazily hugged him back, "It's a good thing."

"That i was in jail?"

"That i missed you."

How red could her cheaks get? "oh..." She replied sheepishly.

 

 

"So what? Richelle's dead?"

"No."

"Just Ashton."

"Just Ashton? Are you even listening to yourselves?!?! Ashton's gone so is Richelle. It's what we've been saying since the beginning! She's probably dying as we speak! Their bond-"

"Zi." Hale spoke up, his smoky blues burrowing into hers. They were in a diner, waiting for their food. Morghale and Hale sat across from Zi, who was currently going on a rampage... in public. "Not here, okay?"

She ran her hands over her face, taking a deep breath. Her wolf was going bazirk. Her heart felt like it was about to pound out of her chest, her throat was closing in on itself, the walls of the diner seemed to be breathing, expanding in witht the inhale, and out with the exhale. She'd been enduring heat flashes for the last four hours. She could tell their fight was killing Hale too, he was just so much better at hiding it. She couldn't believe she'd attacked him. Her wolf was pissed at itself for biting him, clawing him, catching him on fire, and she was pissed at Zi for allowing it. Zi was just overwelmed and freaking out. She couldn't even breathe right. "Darling," Morghale began, deep in thought, "We dont' know the full power of the dragons, the dragons dont' even know the full power of the dragons, they could save her. Revive her."

"Turn her," Hale offered. Zi shivered and his jaw locked. 

"I don't think they know they can do that."

"They have bigger problems than Richelle," Zi bit out, before ripping off her jacket and exposing her weapons. She was sweating buckets. She was so hot that her sweat felt like ice sliding down her skin. 

"Zi..." Hale began but she cut him off.
"There's nothing wrong with me." she snapped. "I was on fire, Okay? I'm alloud a few moments of absurd behavior."

"Here y'go ma'am, one tall glass of-" Before the waitress could even continue, Zi reached up, snatching the glass of water and dropping it with a short, prompt scream. The glass fell to the floor, shattering. It's freezing water spilling over her shoes. "MA'AM! I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" 

She gasped for air as Hale stood, shoving past the waitress, "No,." He replied gruffly, scooping his arms around her and tensing at the emmense amount of heat that just radiated off of her. He scooped up her jacket, apologizing to the waitress and stalking towards the impala. After a while, Morghale joined them, taking the wheel and heading off tothe closest stopping point.

 

 

"Oh my God!" Fae gasped, clutching her stomach, her claws extending as fire shot through ehr veins. 

"Faerie?" Mason asked, runnng over and grabbing her hands as she attempted to claw her stomach out. Something was in there, hurting. Burning. Turning. Her eyes snapped open, flinging over to Richelle, who was turning in her sleep, a bead of sweat falling down her forehead. Oh no. "Faerie!" Mason yelled, frantic now, "What can I get you? What do you need?"

"Zi!" She choaked.

"Zi? Who's Zi?" She couldn't focus, screaming as her heart pounded, threatening to leap from her chest. She could feel her scales shoving against her skin, her dragon trying to fight off whatever this was. But it was inside, it was the bond. It was Richelle. She- Ashton. Ashton Something happened to Ashton. 

"Richelle-" She gasped, air thinning from around her as she dropped to her knees, Mason caught her, holding her up, "Dying." 

"What? Fae! Fae?" He yelled as her eyes drooped closed. "FAE!" 

"Seeth." She whispered, "Black..."

He shook her, "Black what? Fae? Black what?!"

"B....  bur...n.."

 

"How often has this happened?"

Hale's wolf growled as he narrowed his eyes, "If it happened a lot, i think i'd know by now how to fix it."

Morghale sighed, throwing himself gracefully into the chair, "I dont' know what's wrong, hale, I'm frekaing out."

"Welcome to the-" A sturdy knock at the door had Hale stiffening. She scooped up a gun and headed dto the door, flinging it open and shoving the barrel directly into the intruder's face. He swiftly smacked the gun to the side, and Hale starred, open mouthed, at the bright red eyes that starred at him. "Name's Mason. I'm the lead dragon," He introduced, shoving past, "I'm looking for a miss Zi Blackburn, I have reaason to believe she's a Seeth- she knows a dear friend of mine, Faerie, you may know her by Fae." Swallowing, Hale shut the door and looked over to find his gun stuck in the window. Damn... 

"Fae?" Hale perked up, "Is she okay?"

"No." He stated matter of factly. "Infact, just before she started clawing at her skin and gasping for air, she said Zi's name. "

"Gasping for air?" Morghale and Hale recited at the same time.

"Aye," he turned then, searching the room, "Where is she?"

"I'm affraid the girls are bonded," Morghale spoke up after a while. Both Hale and Mason turned to look at him like he was completely insane. "It used to be done a lot in the olden days, after encountering a witch, the survivers that were the closest often emotionally bonded. After that, if they were seperated, the bond became physical. To alert the others if one was in danger. THe bond was often formed in groups of three to four."

"But why-"

"Fire." Hale whispered, raising his head to meet Morghale, "It wasn't because she'd been on fire. It's because Ashton was roasted."

Morghale flinched at his description before giving a breif nod. "Ashton?" Mason echoed, "As in the Chevellian?"

"I believe Richelle, Ashton, Fae and Zi were all bonded after the witch incident. if that's true, then Richelle is reliving Ashton's death because theyy were already bonded, and then because she's experiencing it, so are they."

"What do we do?"

"Take us to Fae and Richelle." Morghale instructed as Hale ran to retrieve Zi. Mason gave them unsure looks,. "You reallize if you step foot in our territory and even tihnk about it ever againn that we'll kill you."

"Yes, well, you already killed Ashton and look how that worked out."

"hale,." Morghale snapped. 



© 2013 EncoreDeZiza


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

EncoreDeZiza
Sorry this chapter's not all there, I was in a hurry, was distracted by new book that I will be posting on here as well. Thansk for sticking around this far, your'e amazing. -Zi

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on August 6, 2013
Last Updated on August 6, 2013


Author

EncoreDeZiza
EncoreDeZiza

Narnia, Neverland, United Kingdom



About
Oooooo! A visitor!!! Lol, hello lovely, I'm Zi. I guess I should start by saying that I am, in fact, not from the UK, nope. I lied. I'm from the states, I only lied because when I put US down I had a .. more..

Writing