I'm Done

I'm Done

A Poem by Evelynn

It’s not any different
It’s the same as before
You’re still not sorry
And I can’t take it anymore
You say it was a bad day
And how you just blew
Well, it was right in my face
And guess what, I’ve had enough too
So you can take mean words and issues
And go walk out that door
I don’t have to take this and you know what
I’m done, I won’t take this anymore

© 2018 Evelynn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Absolutely therapeutic Evelyn. Going through a tough time is never easy and when a person is being difficult it can really wreak havoc on your mind and health. So important that we shut doors to those who don't deserve to be inside anymore. Well said and firmly written. Love it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Evelynn

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much



Reviews

I feel the pain and see the courage it takes to say you had enough and to walk away. Great one. Keep up the good work

Posted 2 Years Ago


This is definitely a mind made up that will no longer put up with trash!

well done!

Posted 5 Years Ago


spot on Evelynn! fiesty declaration .. not meant to be no one's whipping post ... no .. not ever! very cathartic write for me ... peace on ya!
E.


Posted 5 Years Ago


Evelynn

5 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Feisty and spot on. Enough is enough. Plenty more fish in the sea. Power in your words and no doubt therapeutic too. Nicely expressed.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


Evelynn

5 Years Ago

Thank you very much!
Wow that's nice Evelyn. You need to move on no matter how the day seems to be.
Enough as you say. This is so uplifting and inspirational

Posted 5 Years Ago


Evelynn

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much
Not sure if this is welcome, but I would want to know. So I'll insert my opinion where it was not asked and hope I don't offend.
That last bit--"I don't have to take this, and you know what, I'm done, I won't take this anymore"--breaks up the flow of the poem--which could be on purpose; I have done that, and if so, then excuse me while I go brush the taste of foot out of my mouth.
I am by no means an expert on poetry. In fact, it is VERY likely you've got years of experience on me in both reading and writing it. But I have been making songs since I was little, and I think of poetry in the same way. Measuring if a poem flows by whether it stays on a beat. This bit broke up the beat in my head, (too many syllables in the sentence,) and the poem ended before it could be remedied.
And since I appreciate when people offer solutions with their criticism, get ready for more unsolicited, possibly bad, advice:
Working off my songwriting equivalation (looked it up. Not a word. But I really think it should be) to poetry, another way to write this, that would stay on beat: "I don't have to take this, and you know what, I won't anymore. I'm done." Out of the ways to rearrange it, I think this one is the best.
Nitpicks? (Cause I'm a nag,) you've used 'this' and 'anymore' more than once, seemingly without form, which, in such a short amount of time, can feel repetitive.
And now for the good stuff:
I really liked the poem. My critic doesn't change that, just the way I experienced it. While I've recently found an appreciation for the ambiguity I used to loathe in poetry, I like how straightforward it is. I can understand what you're saying right of the bat, so I can relate without having to think about it too much. And trust me, I can relate.
Just read some of the other comments. Clearly this is just my opinion, so feel free to ignore it. (Hey, I overuse commas, who am I to talk?)
A bit more nervous about posting this, but I'll do it anyway. Hope this is helpful!
(Posted this and realised it's 3x longer than the poem itself!)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vicky

5 Years Ago

Clearly they're unfit to make decisions. I think a coup is in order.
Evelynn

5 Years Ago

I am 100% behind you in this! No longer shall we be restricted by their incompetency to, to do anyth.. read more
Vicky

5 Years Ago

Viva la revolucion!
When you try everything, and your efforts are not valued, it's better to walk away.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Evelynn

5 Years Ago

I completely agree with that seniment
When enough is enough - poetically summarised in a short, shape conformational style - poignant and precise - well written! :-)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Evelynn

5 Years Ago

Thank you!
First of all, so sorry for the late response to your read request.

This is completely lovely. I can relate to the frustration and anger in your words very personally, and I think that is a powerful effect for a writer to have. What a beautiful and entertaining read!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Evelynn

5 Years Ago

It's completely fine and thank you!
I love the flow of the poem. It expresses the emotions of the writer beautifully, and truly is an amazing read.


Posted 6 Years Ago


Evelynn

6 Years Ago

Thank you!
Elizabeth

6 Years Ago

You're welcome :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1581 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 11, 2018
Last Updated on March 11, 2018

Author

Evelynn
Evelynn

Roanoke, VA



About
Chaotic Neutral Mediocre at Best Not an Actual Writer more..

Writing
my my

A Poem by Evelynn


sonic gang sonic gang

A Poem by Evelynn


Bye My First Bye My First

A Poem by Evelynn



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Falling Falling

A Story by Samuel Dickens