Reverie.

Reverie.

A Poem by Fay Slimm

 

 

REVERIE.

 

Between sleep and wakefulness
hangs morning twilight.
A no-time and no-where place
whose stirring shards, like hardened ice      
pierce warm languid sighs with cold.

 

Between dawn and reveille
lies reverie's need.
A dreamless and drowsy state
with ideas, which like motes fly unseen     
to revoke sloth with short notice.

            

Between planes of rouse and retreat
yawns dawdle-dimension.
A pre-rise site of wait-machines
where doze re-uses slumber's intention
until liveliness takes control.

 

© 2019 Fay Slimm


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You are intelligent and bright dear Fay! it's that place where everything is possible, where dreams come true, it's where we revive our brains and hearts to act in the way our higher self want to, not in the way our bodies want to, in meditation we seek that spot of no time or place, the present now, we surrender to it so miracles can take place and happen in our lives, You've gorgeously described it in these brilliant ethereal words.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fay Slimm

4 Years Ago

What an encouraging review of "Reverie" and am so pleased you found something of value in the read. .. read more



Reviews

I always find the best time for my writes is in the post meditative quiet. I journal thoughts before i rest and in my waking it has been duly pondered in the recesses... I rise (at 5 am) and meditate for a while till my mind comes as clear as possible if i'm lucky a wave or two will climb my spine and sing and off to write I go:) so in other words I could not agree with you more!

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fay Slimm

4 Years Ago

Yes that strange state of betweeness produces our most intriguing selves for art of any kind to use.. read more
ohhhhhhhhh Half way between sleep and waking!!! one of life's most intriguing places .. love it!! you have it so poetically nailed ... for myself that place always captures thoughts just out of reach .. me chasing them for meaning ... that seems so important for me to understand .. and when "..liveliness takes control" ..the whole scenario (whatever it was/is) is very simply ....gone ... arrrrrrrrgh! ;) really like this poem ...them is fantastic says i! it is fodder for the soul, mind and imaginations ... but i think one has to be a little careful all the same .. i think there is shadow and dark spaces there as well :) so glad to read your poem "Reverie" Fay! you are definitely an internal person aren't you!?
E.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

ps. i like the reverie/reveille ...its delightful to roll of the tongue .. milk tongue i think its c.. read more
Fay Slimm

4 Years Ago

Thank you for the extra attention to the thoughts on Reverie my friend - Ruby however is Fay in thi.. read more
Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

oops ... sorry! Fay ;)
It's a lovely state of mind....not quite awake and not quite asleep. Thoughts fly by but we can't really grasp them. It would be nice to be able to stay in that state for a while longer.....so peaceful. You have described it so well. Splendid imagery. Lydi**

Posted 4 Years Ago


Fay Slimm

4 Years Ago

Hello Lydi and thank you kindly for your visit and review of Reverie -- as you state it is a state .. read more
' Between planes of rouse and retreat - yawns dawdle-dimension. - A pre-rise site of wait-machines -
where doze re-uses slumber's intention - until liveliness takes control.'

Reverie, a day dream.. a feeling of languor in space! If I remember the quote rightly.

Your writing has flown to space, Fay. truly has. It's as if the floodgates have been opened and your thoughts allowed to flow and flow, pause, shimmer, then.. continue wherever you want to go. People are inclined to criticise the stopping still to see and feel.. thinking it a waste of time.. (to each his/her own) but .. Sometimes stopping allows a person to taste . let's say, the season in hand and compare it positively with a previous or coming one. For me. if i'm allowed to say it, your last stanza says it all.. Beautiful writing.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fay Slimm

4 Years Ago

Ah - that stopping to stare, to feel and evaluate breeds poetry of quite readable nature and thank .. read more

Wot a splendid bit o proper poetry... and glad to see you are being better received....

Posted 4 Years Ago


Fay Slimm

4 Years Ago

Just caught up with you visit and review of Reverie dear Nev - - -- thanking you masses for your con.. read more
why is it always that the best sleep time is right before we have to get up....maybe rolling over and having that 15 minutes more and then passing out into the deepest sleep possible before being rudely awaken by the alarm...
but liveliness sooner or later wins out...
Reveille to start our life...Taps to end it.
in and out with eerie music.
your description is majestic as always.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Fay Slimm

4 Years Ago

Your review of Reverie was just the thing to rouse me today and could not agree more that it seems t.. read more
You are intelligent and bright dear Fay! it's that place where everything is possible, where dreams come true, it's where we revive our brains and hearts to act in the way our higher self want to, not in the way our bodies want to, in meditation we seek that spot of no time or place, the present now, we surrender to it so miracles can take place and happen in our lives, You've gorgeously described it in these brilliant ethereal words.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fay Slimm

4 Years Ago

What an encouraging review of "Reverie" and am so pleased you found something of value in the read. .. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

532 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 13, 2019
Last Updated on September 13, 2019

Author

Fay Slimm
Fay Slimm

Camborne, Cornwall, United Kingdom



About
Hi from Fay Slimm, I have been writing poetry since childhood and have always enjoyed writing nature poems along with romantic odes to the glorious place where I live alongside the sea in Cornwall U.. more..

Writing
Sensing. Sensing.

A Poem by Fay Slimm


One More One More

A Poem by Fay Slimm



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Saplings Saplings

A Poem by Chris Shaw