Chapter Six

Chapter Six

A Chapter by Wayward Soul

"Cain?" Grim sat back in his chair "It must have been a re-birth." "A what!?" Loki shouted, quite obviously distressed at the news. "Well" Grim sighed, "When a forsaken's power surpasses a certain threshold, they are reborn in a more powerful form, and given a new name." Loki shook his head "how did this happen?" He asked "I don't know, by my calculations you should have had at least another hundred years or so before rebirth, we probably shouldn't tell anyone about this." The Trickster sighed, this was all to much for him, life as a forsaken was complex enough, and now rebirth was a factor? What could have happened? But soon enough his grin was back with the thought 'New powers... means new tricks!' 
April erupted into a flurry of slashes but each one was deflected, with considerably less ease than Grim, by Loki's spear. His fighting style reflected his name, Loki Von Trickster. swift and deadly, it almost felt as if he was playing with her, taunting her, laughing at her, and it was infuriating. Grim stood to the side, watching with that gaze, that stare probing her very soul, this only added to her desperation, her effort to please her master. "Eyes on me missy!" April turned to see Loki mid-lunge, she barely had time to dodge, the trickster's spear grazing her cheek as she collapsed to the floor, exhausted. Shadows scooped her up off the floor, moving her to a chair in the sitting room. Slowly she began to fall asleep, her dreams drifting to her friends, the ones she had had before that night two years ago, normal friends, a normal life.
April looked around, this was her street, her eyes locking onto a group of teens, her friends and there in the back she sat, laughing along with them, it had felt so long since then. "Do you miss them April?" "This feels like a major breach of privacy Grim." the Reaper stood out from the happy scene like a thunder cloud in an otherwise clear sky, but something was off, it seemed he was... sad almost, a deep longing shown in his red eyes. "I never had this." He said waving his hand at the kids. "What was it like?" "Looking back?" April said "It was boring." Grim thought for a moment, "Maybe boring isn't so bad?" He said as folded his arms around her "I'm happy as long as I'm with you." Slowly their faces began to get closer and closer, she could make out the shadows swirling on his face, and then... suddenly her eyes fluttered open, with Grim standing over her "WERE GOOD LOKI, SHE'S UP!" He called through the doorway, solidifying her return to the waking realm "G-Grim ahh... umm g-good morning!" Grim sighed "Its the middle of the evening sleeping beauty" "o-oh.. sorry umm...." "are you okay? And why are blushing?" April slapped her cheeks "J-Just a dream sir." "Good girl" he said, giving her a kiss on the forehead "Dinners almost done, don't be late." And with that he left April alone once more with her thoughts "maybe boring isn't so bad?" She muttered to herself "it might not be bad at all". 
The meal was simple, Grim wasn't a fan of complex meals, mostly they just overwhelmed the taste, took away from the meal. In his millions of years, the best meal he had ever had was one of the most simple, a nice grilled steak, and thats what he had prepared, a simple steak, made from an a cow that was anything but, but a steak none the less. Today's events had been troubling at the least, his best friend had been stabbed by a demon that had his power, and was then reborn into the first murderer, or at least shared his name. Certainly not least was that April was acting strange ever since the duel with Loki, why that girl had challenged the Trickster was beyond him. Lost in thoughts, he didn't hear the door creeping open, Didn't hear the footsteps creeping, and only realized what was happening when it was too late. A curved blade pierced Grim's chest, protruding out the other side. Grim dropped his head back to face his opponent and saw a demon clothed in black, "who the hell are you?" Grim's voice giving no trace of pain caught the demon off guard, but he quickly re-gained his composure "My name is Mirg, and I'm here to replace you." The demon's voice grated on Grim's ears "Mirg? My name backwards how original." He said pulling the scythe from his back and standing up "you thought you could replace me? pathetic." he snapped the knock-off Falcate over his knee while the demon looked in horror. Mirg turned and began to run shouting "This Isn't right! He wasn't supposed to be this strong!" As he tripped over various dents and carpets with Grim, Who knew the terrain considerably better and had been the cause of many of the dents, quickly closing in behind. The Demon opened the door and darted out, but by the tame he could reach the first step, Grim was on top of him, sinking the true Falcate deep into his neck. Loki, who had left just before the incident, came running back up the stairs to aid his friend, but arrived to late as the reaper was already scraping the corpse off the ground. "What happened?"
The slightly distress trickster asked "Lets just say I had to face my demon."
WERE BACK IN BUSINESS! *Insert clap here* Sorry this took so long to get out, and sorry if its a bit..... shall we say cluttered... Ive had a lot of stuff going on (Check my elder my friend for more details on that) but I finally found the time to write another chapter of The Ballad of Wayward Souls. I expect to be writing a lot more this year, I'm just not sure what about. I might post a few f my better essays, I dunno, but expect more of this! Whatever the hell this is!


© 2017 Wayward Soul


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on August 23, 2017
Last Updated on August 29, 2017


Author

Wayward Soul
Wayward Soul

The land of do-as-you-please



About
Hello weary traveler, welcome to my realm, there will be chills and thrills and things that go bump in the night, there will be tales to amaze and tales to bring fright, i hope you enjoy my tireless p.. more..

Writing