Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Wayward Soul

Azale 
 "How was Mirg so easily killed?" Ba-al slammed his fist down on the table "well si-" "We mimicked his scythe perfectly, we built Mirg to beat him in every respect, speed, strength, endurance, where the hell did we go wrong?" "Well sir..." "Yes Azale?" The young demon looked surprised to get a word in "What if we got his specs wrong?" "Impossible, our data was flawless" "With all do respect Lord Ba-al, take a look at this." The young demon presented his lord a clipboard, who looked at the data with wide eyes "this means-" the demon lord looked at his attendant "This is going to take more effort than originally planned"  



Loki
 "We should take this to the council" "What?" Grim looked at his friend though cold eyes "Look mate, if what I think's happening is happening then it would effect the entirety of the forsaken, no the entirety of the world. And besides that, its not just us anymore, this is bigger than us, a problem Grim and Loki can solve on our own, and besides, you have your lass to worry about now, if your not going to go to them for your own safety, at least do it for her's". Grim only grunted ./ and returned to his work. The false reaper's corpse was disturbing at the least, not in physiology, but mystically. The being had been enchanted to mimic Grim's power. Loki sat against the back wall of the notra doctum's moratorium, perfectly content to let Grim dissect the demon on his own. Demon physiology was odd to say the least, they had no since to them, organs were in random places, filled with important looking bits a bobs that didn't do anything, and each demon was different, a lung next to the liver, kidneys next to the spleen. It was udder madness. "What are you even doing mate?" Grim spoke without turning "I'm making sure its what your thinking of" there was a moment of eerie quiet, highlighted with the wet squishing sound of the reaper digging through demon entrails, it was only a moment before Grim rose up, a look of utter horror on his face "Summon the Council" he gasped, showing Loki the black stone in his hand as if it were supposed to mean something. but if that stone was enough to get Grim to call together the Council, then it was bad, very very bad.   

April
 the council was intimidating, thousands of the forsaken sat around, gazing down at the reaper "Grimlock Von Reaper" Judgement called from his seat overlooking the entire chamber "The council recognizes your contempt, so tell us, what could be so urgent that you would summon us?" April looked around, there where a considerable number of eyes on her, and she could hear the whispers "so the recluse has taken on an apprentice has he?" And what not, but her thoughts where silenced when Grim held up a black stone, to little reaction "A stone?" Someone laughed "The reaper brought us together for a sto-" "Silence" the Judgment's voice was soft, yet powerful, he spoke with a calm, tone, never raising his voice, but when he spoke everyone listened. "Let us hear what he has to say" "For those of you who don't know, this is an artifact from the first war." Grim said, this brought a reaction. "Its called a Mephisto Stone, simply imprint the name of the person you wish, and the barer gains whatever supernatural power that the target possesses" "And where did you find such an artifact, reaper?" "I found it in the corpse of a demon who attacked me, anyone got a guess who's name is on this thing?" April was completely lost, she had no clue what the first war was, she had no clue why Grim despised the counsel so much, but from the sounds of it, it was probably best that she be left in the dark. "Council may address their concerns."

Veris 
 They had all heard the tales from the first war, but none who actually saw it where alive, accept for one. The oldest of the forsaken stood before them now, Grimlock Von Reaper, he was a legend, a forsaken so reclusive that few even knew he still existed, so old he had seen the birth of time herself. But here he stood, his existence confirmed, amongst the questions swirling in his head, one stuck out "If they, whoever they are, have obtained a relic such as this, is it possible that they have more than just that? How do we know that they don't even have The Neve-" "They don't posses that, if they did we would all be dead" The reaper snapped. He didn't say its name, he dare not, the younger generation had no problem referring to the artifact by name, but for one such as Grimlock, who had witnessed the destruction it had wrought, the thought of calling it by name was horrifying. 
But regardless of what they had, or how they obtained it, or even who they where, they had to be stopped.


© 2017 Wayward Soul


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on December 14, 2017
Last Updated on December 14, 2017


Author

Wayward Soul
Wayward Soul

The land of do-as-you-please



About
Hello weary traveler, welcome to my realm, there will be chills and thrills and things that go bump in the night, there will be tales to amaze and tales to bring fright, i hope you enjoy my tireless p.. more..

Writing