Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Minyonka
"

Disclaimer: I do NOT own YuGiOh or any of the characters.

"

            I stared ahead at the duel taking place before me. It was Yugi versus Seto, once again.

 

“Even you must admit that your Blue Eyes White Dragon is powerless against my Egyptian God Cards,” Yugi called across the arena.

 

“Make all the smug pronouncements you like, but know this. There’s got to be a way to beat your God Cards and I won’t stop until I find it,” Seto answered, drawing a card from his deck.

 

Yugi, or Atem I should say, growled slightly.

 

‘My brother will win. He always does,’ the spirit residing within me, Asenath, said in a bored tone.

 

‘Just watch. You never know,’ I answered her.

 

“Now, I activate the magic card Polymerization! This allows me to fuse my three dragons together to form the Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon,” Seto yelled.

 

He jumped onto one of the heads of the dragon and glared down at his opponent.

 

“And that’s just for starters,” he finished.

 

Yugi looked slightly worried that he might be in trouble and took a half-step back.

 

‘See, Asenath. He’s got Atem on the ropes,’ I mentally told the spirit.

 

‘Keep watching,’ she reminded me.

 

“Next I activate a magic card that doubles my dragon’s attack points: Mega-morph,” Seto continued.

 

The Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon grew in size, destroying the stone wall surrounding the two duelists.

 

“Now my Blue Eyes is more powerful than any monster on the field!”

 

“There’s more to power than just attack points,” Yugi answered, causing Seto to give a wry laugh.

 

“And just what is that supposed to mean,” my close friends asked.

 

“It means my Egyptian God Cards possess powers far beyond mere monsters!”

 

“They what?!”

 

“By sacrificing two of them, I can bestow upon the third infinite strength!”

 

Yugi sacrificed his Slifer the Sky Dragon and Winged Dragon of Ra to give his Obelisk the Tormentor more power. The bright light caused Seto to take a step back.

 

“They’re melding, pooling their energy,” Seto yelled in astonishment.

 

Yugi jumped onto Obelisk’s shoulder, ready for his attack.

 

“Now my Obelisk the Tormentor is the strongest monster in play,” he called.

 

“No! I can beat your God cards. I won’t lose to you again!”

 

“Obelisk the Tormentor, show him what true power is all about! Attack with Fist of Fury!”

 

The attacks raged, Obelisk’s Fist of Fury clashing with the Blue Eyes Ultimate’s triple beam. The result was a light bright enough to put the sun to shame. Obelisk’s attack started to prevail, though.

 

“No,” Seto yelled. “My dragon!”

 

The Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon was destroyed, causing Seto to lose the duel, yet again.

 

“System overload, system overload,” a computer voice repeated.

 

“The simulation is malfunctioning,” one of Kaiba Corp.’s top mathematicians yelled in surprise.

 

‘You were right,’ I inwardly muttered.

 

‘With the Egyptian Gods, my brother is almost unstoppable,’ Asenath answered, still uninterested.

 

“I’m sorry, Mr. Kaiba but I was certain that our calculations were correct this time, sir,” the man continued.

 

“If you’d just give us one more chance, sir,” another man pleaded.

 

“So you can fail again? Sorry,” Seto answered harshly.

 

“Please, sir. We’re close to postulating a winning stratagem,” the first man said.

 

“Well, if I were you, I’d start postulating myself a new job. You’ve had more than enough time to find a way to beat Yugi’s Egyptian God Cards, but as usual, I’ll have to do it myself. Now get out,” Seto answered, turning to leave.

 

He sounded harsher than usual, which caused Mokuba and I to frown. We were both worried about him, though it was hard to bring up something like that around Seto.

 

“Aw, man,” Mokuba mumbled.

 

I placed my hand on his shoulder and he looked up at me.

 

“It’ll be okay,” I whispered before turning to the men who were in charge of finding the strategy to beat Yugi. “I suggest you clear out before the end of the day.”

 

Mokuba and I left the room, following after Seto. Mokuba ran off in a different direction while I continued to walk two steps behind Seto. The walk was silent for a while.

 

“Ebony, we’re going on a little trip tomorrow,” he finally said, breaking the silence.

 

“Where to,” I asked with a slight smile, knowing he’d come up with an idea.

 

“We’re going to pay Pegasus a visit.”

 

“I’ll tell Kido to have the jet ready for tomorrow.”

 

I could see the smirk and couldn’t help but smile. I was sure he’d be back to his old self in no time.



© 2008 Minyonka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on November 11, 2008
Last Updated on November 11, 2008


Author

Minyonka
Minyonka

About
About myself: I'm an nineteen-year-old college student with the intention of becoming a high school math teacher. Why math teacher, you wonder. I want to become a teacher because I have learned that I.. more..

Writing
Sunburn Sunburn

A Story by Minyonka