Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Minyonka

            Not even an hour later, Yugi had arrived. No one but Asenath and I knew, but it was actually Atem in control. Seto and I walked into the room, though I moved more to the side and I stood right in between where they would be standing. I would have a front-row seat to all the action. Seto took his place, as did Atem.

 

“Welcome. Glad you came to duel, Yugi, because this time things are gonna be different,” Seto greeted.

 

At that same moment, Joey and Tristan ran into the room as well, though they were on the upper level. Mokuba had gone up to the control center at the top of the duel dome.

 

“I hope you brought your Egyptian God Cards. Otherwise, this duel isn’t gonna be any fun at all,” Seto continued.

 

“Kaiba, I’m sensing the presence of something far more dangerous than anything you can possibly imagine,” Atem answered.

 

‘My brother is right. This may become a shadow duel, though unintentionally. Ebony, please let me take over. I can better protect you that way,’ Asenath asked of me.

 

‘What about Seto,’ I asked.

 

‘He’s strong. If anything goes wrong, you know I will protect him for you.’

 

‘…Okay.’

 

Asenath took over my body and stood completely still, her face devoid of all emotion other than concern that comes with a battle like this. I was still able to watch everything, though.

 

“Spare me the fairy tales,” Seto answered.

 

“We could all be in great danger,” Atem yelled.

 

“I’ve heard enough. If you think you sense something dangerous, you’re absolutely right because it’s me and my deck, and in this duel monsters match, you’re about to lose big time. Mokuba, seal all of the exits!”

 

“If you say so,” the boy answered.

 

In just seconds, every exit from the duel dome was sealed.

 

‘No! Seto, don’t be stupid,’ I screamed, though I knew he couldn’t hear me.

 

He probably wouldn’t have listened anyway. He had that determined look on his face again.

 

“What’s the deal,” Joey asked.

 

“We’re trapped, man,” Tristan yelled.

 

“Now, what do you say we get down to business already,” Seto asked.

 

“Kaiba, why don’t you stop thinking about yourself for once and listen to what I’m telling you,” Atem yelled and I scowled.

 

He still didn’t realize just how much Seto cared for Mokuba and me over himself.

 

“You’re in no position to be making demands, so shut up and duel.”


Their duel disks went into the ready position and lit up.

 

“And may the best duelist win,” Seto finished.

 

They placed their decks in the disks and their life points were set at 4000.

 

“I guess Yugi’s going through with this,” Tristan commented.

 

“Kaiba ain’t leaving him much choice,” Joey answered.

 

“All duel dome exits are now secure. All dueling systems are online,” Mokuba announced.

 

‘This is bad. This is really bad,’ I mumbled.

 

‘We cannot interfere until we are sure of what will happen,’ Asenath answered.

 

‘Isn’t that freaky vision proof enough?!’

 

‘It should be, but I just don’t know anymore.’

 

I frowned and looked ahead at the duel about to take place. I never liked being in an astral form, but I really didn’t have more options in that situation.

 

“You’ve been taking the credit for being the best duelist for way too long and to tell you the truth, I’m sick of it. By the time this duel is over, you’ll be exposed to the world as a total fraud,” Seto yelled and started laughing.

 

It almost sounded maniacal to me and I didn’t like it. That wasn’t the Seto I had known for most of my life. He seemed so different.

 

“Let’s duel,” Atem and Seto both yelled and Seto drew the first card.

 

“I’ll start. First I’ll summon my Familiar Knight in defense mode. Try and get past him,” he said, quickly finishing his first turn.

 

“Very well. I shall,” Atem answered, drawing his first card. “I play Queen’s Knight. And now say goodbye to your monster. Queen’s Knight, attack!”

 

Seto’s Knight was destroyed, but he seemed completely unphased by it. A new monster, Rare Metal Dragon, came onto the field.

 

“By destroying your knight, I’ve activated its special ability, which allows you to play a new beast in its place,” Atem said.

 

“What?! Yugi’s lost it,” Joey yelled. “Why would he let Kaiba play a monster with 2400 attack points?!”

 

“He did what,” Tristan asked.

 

I briefly wondered why Atem would do something like that, but I figured he probably had something planned.

 

“And you’re being so helpful because why,” Seto asked.

 

“Because by doing so, I also get to summon a new monster, King’s Knight,” Atem answered, playing the monster.

 

“Now I see,” Asenath mumbled and I looked over at her.

 

Seto was sure to know I wasn’t in control now. Her voice was very different from mine. She sounded a lot like Ishizu Ishtar, whom I remembered from Seto’s Battle City Tournament.

 

“When these two knights are in play, I can automatically summon my Jack’s Knight,” Atem continued.

 

I could see Seto glance over at Asenath and frown, probably directing it towards me. I promised I wouldn’t miss this duel and, technically, I wasn’t. However, as much as he understood about the odd relationship between Asenath and me, he still didn’t quite understand that I could still be watching when she was in control. I groaned, knowing Seto thought I was missing his duel for no reason. I was in for hell when this was over.

 

“And next, I’ll place one card face down. Make your move,” Atem finished.

 

Seto drew his card, a frown still on his lips. However, I could tell he had gotten the card he wanted.

 

“Looks like your luck’s finally run out. I’ll keep this card facedown on the field until the time is right. Right for me, that is. And then nothing in your deck will make a difference. Your move, Yugi.”

 

Right when Atem placed his hand on the top card, Asenath gasped. I knew he was about to draw one of his Egyptian God Cards.



© 2008 Minyonka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on November 11, 2008


Author

Minyonka
Minyonka

About
About myself: I'm an nineteen-year-old college student with the intention of becoming a high school math teacher. Why math teacher, you wonder. I want to become a teacher because I have learned that I.. more..

Writing
Sunburn Sunburn

A Story by Minyonka