Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Minyonka

            “I sacrifice my three knights to bring forth my ultimate creature.”

 

The three knights on the field became large, glowing orbs before lifting high into the air. Then, a bright light shone from above.

 

“Behold, the Egyptian God Card, Slifer the Sky Dragon,” Atem yelled.

 

Seto smirked up at the monster as it was coming into play.

 

‘He has this all figured out. But I’m afraid if it’s really him dueling,’ I said.

 

‘What do you mean,’ Asenath asked.

 

‘What if Anubis really is behind all of this… What will we do?’

 

‘I don’t know yet.’

 

Slifer appeared on the field and roared loudly.

 

“Your monster is completely defenseless against the divine power of Slifer. Now, my Sky Dragon, attack,” Atem yelled.

 

A light beam shot out of the Egyptian God’s mouth and straight for Seto’s monster, causing him to lose 600 life points.

 

“Had enough,” Atem asked.

 

“Not only am I not afraid of your God Cards, but I’m gonna force you to summon all three of them at once,” Seto answered, showing the card he drew, Obligatory Summon.

 

“Thanks to my Obligatory Summon magic card, you have to bring out every monster in your deck that falls into the same category as the one that’s on the field already,” he continued.

 

“Very well. Then I play two more Egyptian God Cards,” Atem answered without missing a beat. “Obelisk the Tormentor and the Winged Dragon of Ra.”

 

His duel disk glowed brightly; so much power was coming from it. My eyes widened as I watched the other two God Cards come to the field. I couldn’t believe Seto was doing this. I didn’t care how powerful the card he got from Pegasus was, there was no way he’d be able to take a direct hit from one of those monsters. Hell, the duel dome shook just when they were summoned.

 

“You’ve allowed me to assemble the three strongest and most feared creatures in Duel Monsters, Kaiba. A foolish mistake.”

 

Seto began chuckling darkly again.

 

“It’s no mistake. My entire strategy was to draw out your three Egyptian God Cards so I can be the first duelist to crush all of them at once,” he answered.

 

“And just how do you intend to do that?”

 

“You’re about to find out right now. Reveal trap card! Pyramid of Light!”

 

This time, Asenath and I both gasped. That was the name of the artifact at the museum. Atem’s eyes widened in shock as well.

 

“Now, Pyramid, activate,” Seto yelled.

 

A blue light hovered above the arena for a moment before cutting out a square outline. A literal Pyramid of Light was formed with only Seto, Atem and Asenath in it. I’m sure Yugi was watching this duel, just as I was, and we were perfectly safe so long as we were astral projections.

 

“This is very bad,” Asenath mumbled and I looked over at her in shock.

 

I didn’t like the sound of that at all. If she was scared, then I knew this would be bad. The Egyptian Gods were left outside of the pyramid around us, obviously removed from play.

 

“Looks like your so-called unstoppable monsters have been stopped,” Seto said smugly.

 

“Impossible,” Atem yelled.

 

“See for yourself. Your monsters are useless!”

 

I could no longer see outside of the pyramid. It was as if we were in our own world. I began trembling in fear.

 

“But how,” Atem asked.

 

Suddenly, I felt like something had stabbed my chest and I cried out.

 

“Ebony,” Asenath yelled, looking at me.

 

Atem did the same thing for Yugi. Apparently, he had gotten the same shock.

 

“What’s this,” Atem asked as his Puzzle began giving off sparks.

 

I was then sucked into the Millennium Puzzle and I screamed out.

 

“Ebony,” Asenath yelled, taking a step forward and reaching her hand out.

 

That was the last thing I saw before blacking out.



© 2008 Minyonka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on November 11, 2008


Author

Minyonka
Minyonka

About
About myself: I'm an nineteen-year-old college student with the intention of becoming a high school math teacher. Why math teacher, you wonder. I want to become a teacher because I have learned that I.. more..

Writing
Sunburn Sunburn

A Story by Minyonka