Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Minyonka

            The next morning, Seto and I walked up to the Duel Dome, where our jet was already prepared. It was designed to look just like a Blue Eyes White Dragon.

 

“This is flight command. Initiating Duel Dome launch conversion. Over,” one of the workers, Kido, said over the speakers.

 

“Roger, dome command. Prepare all stations for immediate dragon flight. Over,” Mokuba answered.

 

“That’s affirmative. We show Mr. Kaiba and Miss Sharpe now approaching primary flight deck.”


Seto and I were already in the jet, helmets on, and secured in. All that was left to do was make sure everything was ready for departure.

 

“Begin complete systems check at once,” Seto ordered.

 

“Roger. Vector gauge,” Kido answered.

 

“Check,” someone else answered.

 

They went through the rest of the short list and my eyes darted around the screen in front of me.

 

“Ready the launch pad,” Seto ordered.

 

“Yes, sir. Opening hangar doors.”

 

The jet was put into position and I smiled.

 

“Here we go,” I mumbled.

 

“Blue Eyes White Jet, you are cleared for takeoff!”

 

“Activating main thrusters,” Seto said.

 

I could feel the engine rumbling as it roared, though it sounded like a purr from inside. Seto sat back in his seat.

 

“I hope you know what you’re doing, big brother,” Mokuba said.

 

“I was just hoping the same thing,” Seto answered.

 

I leaned forward and patted his shoulder, silently telling him I believed in him.

 

‘You have such high faith in him,’ Asenath noticed.

 

‘Of course I do,’ I answered.

 

The jet took off and we were soon soaring high above the round. From behind, I could see Seto’s stiff shoulders and knew he probably had that determined look on his face. To keep myself from worrying too much, I averted my gaze to the view below us.

 

‘It is beautiful,’ Asenath mumbled.

 

‘Yeah. I love these rides, but we rarely take them,’ I answered.

 

It wasn’t long before we arrived on Pegasus’ private island. It was the same place Duelist Kingdom was held on, when Mokuba was kidnapped by that freak. We walked straight to where Pegasus was and came up from behind him as he was drinking red wine. He saw us in the glass.

 

“Can it be? My dear friends Kaiba-boy and Miss Ebony Sharpe,” Pegasus exclaimed while standing up.

 

“Spare me the pleasantries, Pegasus. You and I have never been friends. Let’s not start pretending we are,” Seto answered harshly.

 

“Anyone sick and twisted enough to hold Mokuba hostage is an enemy of mine,” I added, my arms crossed in front of me.

 

“Oh, my. Sounds like someone needs a hug,” Pegasus said.

 

“No, thanks. But since you mention it, there is something I need,” Seto answered. “Listen, I’ve come to your little fantasy island in search of a card powerful enough to beat Yugi’s three Egyptian God Cards,” Seto answered.

 

“And you believe I might have this all-powerful, god-smiting card because…?”

 

“Because you created the game,” I answered.

 

“Once upon a time, Miss Sharpe, but I’m retired now. There only things I create these days are places like this for the fishies to enjoy.”

 

“I know you, Pegasus. You created the God Cards and would have never let them out of your sweaty little hands unless you’d also created a way to beat them, just in case,” Seto explained.

 

“Oh, very well, I confess. I may have one card that would help, but you can’t have it.”

 

“What?”

 

“I’m sorry, Kaiba-boy, but I don’t think you deserve it.”

 

“He deserves it more than you do, you snake,” I yelled.

 

Seto put his arm out to keep me from attacking Pegasus. However, judging from his stance, he probably wouldn’t have liked anything better than to see that.

 

“As I was saying, I may not see as well as I once did,” Pegasus continued, moving his long, silver hair to reveal his empty left eyes socket.

 

I cringed away and Seto made a sound of disgust.

 

“But to be honest, it doesn’t take a magic eye to see just how thoroughly Yugi has trounced your sorry behind again and again. Quite frankly, it’s embarrassing,” Pegasus finished and I glared at him.

 

“Well, since I’m such a disappointment, you should have no trouble defeating me in a duel,” Seto answered.

 

“And why would I duel you?”

 

“Because if you’ll put up the card I need to beat Yugi, I’ll wager these,” Seto answered, pulling out his three Blue Eyes White Dragons.

 

My eyes widened and I gasped in shock.

 

“What,” I whispered.

 

“Wow. You’d risk your precious Blue Eyes White Dragons just for a chance to trounce little Yugi? My, my, my, seems you’re even more desperate than I thought. Well, I guess I could dust off my deck. Kaiba, my dear and devious friend, let the games begin,” Pegasus answered and set down his wine glass.

 

He led us through his mansion, down to a dueling arena in the basement. On the way, he tried to make small talk.

 

“Miss Sharpe, may I ask what that device around your waist is,” Pegasus asked.

 

He was talking about the thick, silver band that hung just above my hips. There was one part on the right side that was thicker than the rest and it was holding my deck inside.

 

“It’s a duel disk designed by Kaiba Corp,” I answered curtly.

 

I had left out all of the details, like how it was one-of-a-kind because it was still in testing and that Seto had designed it specifically for me because he knew I couldn’t carry around a duel disk like his all the time. We finally got to the basement and multiple lights were turned on, as was the arena.

 

“So, what do you think, Kaiba-boy? Isn’t this the latest in duel arena technology, or what,” Pegasus asked.

 

“This place is an outdated joke, but then, so are you so I suppose it fits,” Seto answered, causing me to chuckle.

 

“Now, now, Kaiba, let’s not get nasty. Not just yet, anyhow.”

 

“Look, enough small talk.”

 

They both took their places on opposite sides of the arena, Pegasus on red and Seto on blue, while I stood on the sidelines to watch.

 

“Let’s duel,” they yelled.



© 2008 Minyonka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on November 11, 2008


Author

Minyonka
Minyonka

About
About myself: I'm an nineteen-year-old college student with the intention of becoming a high school math teacher. Why math teacher, you wonder. I want to become a teacher because I have learned that I.. more..

Writing
Sunburn Sunburn

A Story by Minyonka