Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Minyonka

            I had just returned from the museum, finding out a lot about the Pyramid of Light and the history of Anubis. Of course, it was nothing Asenath didn’t already know.

 

‘This can’t be good,’ I said to Asenath as I walked into the duel dome, where Seto would be waiting for Yugi.

 

‘No. It isn’t,’ she answered.

 

Suddenly, my Millennium Bracelet glowed and I lost consciousness. In what I guess one would call my dream, I could see the Millennium Puzzle and the Pyramid of Light. Strangely, Asenath was right beside me and she looked as if she had her own body, though she still had my clothes and fair skin tone. Then I saw the image of Atem and Seto dueling, like they would be in a few short hours. Atem fell to the ground while Seto laughed triumphantly. This image scared me. Suddenly, a huge hand grabbed Seto by the head and I saw that it belonged to a muscular man with the head of a jackal.

 

“Seto,” I screamed.

 

“Anubis,” Asenath whispered venomously.

 

Anubis lifted Seto by the head and my friend looked to be in great pain.

 

“From the light comes the dark,” Anubis yelled.

 

Then, everything was gone. I opened my eyes to see that Seto and Mokuba were both kneeling beside me. I started to sit up, but Seto held me down.

 

“Don’t move. You fainted,” he told me.

 

Finally, reality hit me and I completely ignored his order. I sat straight up and threw my arms around his neck, burying my face in his chest. Seto’s arms rested on my lower back.

 

“Thank God,” I whispered.

 

“Ebony, we should get you to the infirmary. You could have a concussion,” Mokuba said in a worried tone.

 

I shook my head, pulling away from Seto, and wiped the tears from my eyes.

 

“No. I’m fine. I just… got scared, is all,” I answered.

 

“Are you sure,” Seto asked.

 

“Yeah. I’m fine. Besides, there’s no way I’m missing this duel. Speaking of which, when’s it going to start?”

 

“As soon as Yugi gets here. I was just about to leave and get him,” Mokuba answered.

 

“Then go ahead. Everything’s all set here.”

 

“Are you sure you’re okay?”

 

“I promise. Now go.”

 

I stood up and was able to keep my balance, proving to them that I was fine. Mokuba nodded and left to get Yugi while Seto and I went into the other room so he could prepare for the duel.

 

‘This is worse than I feared,’ Asenath said.

 

She sounded scared, something I wasn’t used to. I began to feel uneasy.

 

‘Don’t tell me that,’ I answered while trying not to let my fear show.



© 2008 Minyonka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on November 11, 2008


Author

Minyonka
Minyonka

About
About myself: I'm an nineteen-year-old college student with the intention of becoming a high school math teacher. Why math teacher, you wonder. I want to become a teacher because I have learned that I.. more..

Writing
Sunburn Sunburn

A Story by Minyonka