Dickinson, Plath, and a twenty stone monkey

Dickinson, Plath, and a twenty stone monkey

A Poem by Gee
"

You gotta draw the reader in :)

"
Undeterred, bloodied not bowed,(after yet another poem bombed) he girded his loins. No point mithering he thought with pen poised above the blank sheet before him, this time I will be read, and this poem, my 23rd posted in two days, will be the start of my rise, a meteoric rise as predicted in my biog.
His biog read..
" Hi, my name is William Byron Shelley Brillianto.
I am an author, painter, sculptor, poet, producer, choreographer, director.
Welcome to my page. Prepare to be amazed and have your perceptions of all things art and arty changed. I AM THE FUTURE"..(toot, toot, toot, blow my own trumpet)
24 hours later, 3 views, 1 review which read..
" sometimes more is less. Tis the quality not the quantity that the reader seeks.
You would be better to pen 4 lines of substance with emotion than 4 pages of drivel and dross. And the title, this needs to cause a certain amount of intrigue so as to draw the reader in. For example " A Poem" ( your last title)holds little sway, doesn't get the reader to thinking, whereas a title such as " Dickinson, Plath and a twenty stone monkey" will have the discerning poet wondering as to what the hell that could be about.
Finally, can you paint ? "





© 2020 Gee


Author's Note

Gee
More often than not I am drawn in to read a piece( if the author not known to me) by a titles that gets me to wondering.
Get quite a few folk who bemoan the fact they get few or no reviews so they post more and more of the same !

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Lol, I'm glad you approve ma'am. I remember landing here totally unsure of how my simple fayre would be received but was open to all and any help offered and made a point of reading the established " stars" so as to try and improve. This seems to be rare amongst quite a few of the newbies who land here now and seem to think that they are Gods gift and are not shy to tell everyone...how deluded.
Hope you are well and thank you muchly.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

barleygirl

4 Years Ago

I find humbleness to be one of the great virtues that's gone by the wayside at times . . . (((HUGS)).. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.



Reviews

i was drawn in by your title LOL you said nothing of the monkey and that's what I was interested in:( nothing sadder than an overweight monkey in my book! I laughingly agree about the prolific postulation of piddling platitudes paralyzing my perspective:) but then again I remember I was once starting out too so then I read and nudge and smile and light flames and smile some more:)

Posted 4 Years Ago


Gee

4 Years Ago

Sorry so tardy my thank you Robert :)
Thank you
Hope you are safe and well
Ah, your cunning plan worked; I was pressing my read button in a nanosecond. :))

Seriously though, just like Barleygirl, I am never overkeen to make the acquaintance of those who self publicise, particularly as they tend not to be, um, shall we say for the sake of generosity, not exactly budding Poets Laureate.

Now, for my next title, Mmhh...let me see... How about 'Coleridge, Captain Birdseye and the six foot haddock.' :))

Beccy.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Gee

4 Years Ago

Folk would not bat an eyelid if I posted that title, however, if it appeared on your page folk would.. read more
Jee McGee -- and it makes me wonder why were you lurking on my page lol
sounds like -- these days i found young poets or writers just goes for such and such and such and such and extra such as the title I mean, sure ok, we are all fond of the ones that are known but what about those who are actually good too? but unknown eh? alas -- 37 and who am I calling young poets (points to oneself) some days , but other days I go into the abyss and look for other poets say Jee McGee for example -- :D

Cheerios -
- Dolly

Posted 4 Years Ago


Gee

4 Years Ago

I find it difficult to get past the bullshit folk post about themselves.
37, you are but a c.. read more
iceintheattic

4 Years Ago

hahahahhah
Jee McGee -- thank you for the compliment I am honoured -- :)
well ... wee Gee ;) you sure messed up your featured review .. didn't you?! :)))))))))))))))))))and in my most humble opinion ... your title scored big time ... Dickinson and Plath .. sallied forth to the universe and beyond ... into "Modernism" so some say ... two ladies overbrimmed with emotion and the deep says i! steeped in flower blossoms and hymns and revolution ... i think your prose/poem is spot on and nitty gritty ...
there is something to be said for horn tooting as well as the crumpled coffee wet nap tossed aside into some abyss ;( .... with the exquisite possibility of distant ressurection ...
I confess to my many times poor and off the cuff title choices .. they come as after the fact for me most ot the times .. but you are right .. they are very important ... and can tip the scales of the content one way or another ... your expression is cleansing my friend .. glad i did not miss it!
E.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Gee

4 Years Ago

Good morning E. There are some on here with reputations for producing decent work always so the titl.. read more
Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

all is well .. if hurricanes are therapeutic :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) relationships aren't .. read more
Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

pss. love the stone monkey part! :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Lol, I'm glad you approve ma'am. I remember landing here totally unsure of how my simple fayre would be received but was open to all and any help offered and made a point of reading the established " stars" so as to try and improve. This seems to be rare amongst quite a few of the newbies who land here now and seem to think that they are Gods gift and are not shy to tell everyone...how deluded.
Hope you are well and thank you muchly.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

barleygirl

4 Years Ago

I find humbleness to be one of the great virtues that's gone by the wayside at times . . . (((HUGS)).. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

403 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 13, 2020
Last Updated on March 13, 2020
Tags: Poetry, intrigue, .

Author

Gee
Gee

Milton keynes, United Kingdom



About
Devoted family man and lover of life. Simply written, easily understood "stuff" for those without code breaking skills. You will NEVER need Google to understand me:) more..

Writing
Gone now... Gone now...

A Poem by Gee


Valentine Valentine

A Poem by Gee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


It rained today It rained today

A Poem by Gee